• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Games Do You Wish Were Longer?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I thought of this thread while thinking of making a similar thread topic, but I couldn't really think straight, so this will be formed instead.

Really simple question: Which games do you wish were longer?

I don't really wish for any games to be longer than they already are, because I don't think the length of a game really matters.

-Sonic Colors
-Sonic Generations
-New Super Mario Bros Wii
-Super Mario Galaxy 2

Actually I'd like that all the games I played last longer,but those four were too easy escpecially Sonic Colors that I beat in 3-4 hours

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
-New Super Mario Bros 2
-Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
-Fire Emblem Awakening (an extra five or so chapters would be grand, heck, split it into two modes entirely: Chrom Mode and Lucina Mode)
-Zelda Twilight Princess

I dunno, i'm actually pretty happy with the size of most games, they did feel longer than they do now back int he days of the n64 and the Snes but a lot of modern games aren't that enjoyable so i'm kind of glad when i get to the end of them and if most of them were longer then i'd be pretty disillusioned by the end of them;

Some i can think of though would be;

Luigi's Mansion

ummm god this is hard...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
- Majoras Mask: Even though this game made up for the smaller main quest with a huge amount of Sidequests and collectibles but I feel there could have been room for just a coup7 of extra dungeons and new areas.

- Shadow of the Colossus: A largely simple game but what it did it perfected and there was nothing more satisfying than exploring the vast world searching for Colossi Etc. I could do this all day and the game was pretty short so maybe it could have been 10 or so hours longer.

- Heavy Rain: One of the most unique and emotional/realistic games I have ever played however the main quest was quite short. There was high re-play value as you could start over again and make more choices which alter the events but I just feel in parts of the game there could have been more sections. I didn't want this game to end but looking forward to Beyond!

- Twilight Princess: Well this is probably the longest and biggest Zelda game out there but since its my favourite I take a biased view and say it should be longer. So many good memories from playing this game and I would have loved for it to be 10 or so hours longer.

- Uncharted 2: One of the unexpected masterpieces on the PS3 and I was really shocked nwith how good the game was, I even would rate it in my top ten of all time. The campaign mode alone is amazing but I can't help but think if it were longer it could have been even more bigger than it already is.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
*Gale of Darkness (I wish there was more post-game content than just the Orre Colosseum and purifying Pokemon)
*Pokemon Colosseum (Same Reason)
*Scribblenauts/Super Scribblenauts (Doesn't take much to beat the game, wish there were more levels)

That's all I can think of right now.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Batman: Arkham City

For the sheer awesomeness of it, it is over far too quickly. Absolutely fabulous while it lasts, however, but the fun is over way too soon. I think it's the best game this generation, yet it doesn't last half as long as other ranking titles this gen. I think that may be why Arkham City is twice and again better than everything else, though. Too many games try to be big and get tripped up by all the padding. Arkham City is just great.

There's still a ton of post-game content, though, but the campaign itself is over too soon.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The Pokemon games. I wish there were tons of things to do after you beat the game, but mostly all there is to do is capture certain Pokemon, breed, explore caves that you didn't, etc. I wish there was more to do besides all that, like become a gym leader yourself and have matches with randomly generated characters, and also the other gym leaders. Or, you could get married, buy a house in your favorite town/city and add stuff to it by battling and earning money. You know, stuff like this to give players more to do.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
- Majoras Mask: Even though this game made up for the smaller main quest with a huge amount of Sidequests and collectibles but I feel there could have been room for just a coup7 of extra dungeons and new areas.

Agreed. As much as I love this game, I'm still a little disappointed that there was no plot twist after Stone Tower that made me go hunt down another round of goodies.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Definitely Journey. The game is so beautiful, yet it's over in a mere hour. I understand that it's a downloadable game, so it's not gonna have the length of a AAA epic, but a game that masterful shouldn't end just when it feels like it's getting started. That's honestly the only thing that prevents me from giving it a perfect score. :/

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
I would have to say Windwaker. Yes, it's my all time favorite Zelda, but I truly couldn't get enough of it. Even if the game would have been 100 more hours, I'd have been left wanting more.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i agree with Castle, i think batman could have been longer, i beat the main quest in that game in no time, and it only took me an hour to finish up everything i missed, but if that game dragged on it probably wouldnt have felt like it was as good. some of the best games i have played were over way too fast, which is probably why i liked em so much, cuz at the end i was begging for more.

Darksiders 2 was Long enough, but i didnt feel like the end of it was really the end. the story just dropped off. it kinda upset me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom