• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which first, Shadow or Spirit?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think the Shadow Temple was made to be the last, cause, even in the soundtrack, Shadow Temple's theme comes afterm Spirit Temple's

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I think the Shadow Temple was made to be the last, cause, even in the soundtrack, Shadow Temple's theme comes afterm Spirit Temple's

I don't think the soundtrack is really something to go by. They could put the songs in any order if they wanted to. Even the official Ocarina of Time website says the Shadow Temple is before the Spirit Temple. Not to mention every single Zelda site I've seen says the Shadow Temple is before the Spirit Temple. Again, I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem to add up.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Oh yeah, that's right. You need the Hover Boots to get to the salesman on the flying carpet, so that's what confused me I guess. It's been a while since I last played OoT.

There is another source of Bombchus. If you go to the back alley of Hyrule Castle Market at night, there will be a salesman in one of the doors.

In answer to what gerudo goyo and Ver-go-a-go-go were discussing, you need the Longshot to do the Spirit Temple, because the Hookshot isn't long enough to get across Gerudo Valley, or to get through the Haunted Wasteland.

I think the Shadow Temple was probably originally intended as the last dungeon, but through the process of designing everything, they ended up making it more viable as the 2nd to last...

And adding another post to Vergo's for the hell of it, yeah I've always used Epona to get across that bridge. I didn't know there was another way. o_O

Question though, do you NEED to get thrown in the Gerudo Fortress jail to complete getting the guards out? Because then you should be fine. I don't know about the poles though, if you can't get through the wasteland without it then you're screwed.

About Shadow Temple, I don't think you really need anything except like Din's Fire and a plain Hookshot to get through that. So maybe you could do that before a couple of dungeons?

I... didn't know you could get across the bridge with Epona. >_<

But yeah, you need the Longshot to get through the Haunted Wasteland. I'm pretty sure the normal Hookshot isn't long enough.

And yeah, Ver-go-a-go-go, I know you don't need to beat the Water Temple to get the Longshot, but you still need to do over half of it.

About Shadow Temple, I don't think you really need anything except like Din's Fire and a plain Hookshot to get through that. So maybe you could do that before a couple of dungeons?

Only the Spirit Temple.

You can't learn the Nocturne of Shadow until Karkiro(sp?) catches on fire, and that only happens after you beat the Water Temple.

I

imthemailman

i do shadow temple first so i get hover boots cos i find spirit easier with them dont know why just do and bongo bongo is one of the easiest bosses in the game for me hardest for me would be prob ganondorf

Kybyrian

You had no idea you could use Epona to get across the bridge? I never even knew there was another way to get across the bridge. But, since I didn't even add this opinion in my first post, I think that the Spirit Temple was intended to be last and I've always thought of it that way, even though I never did it last.

You had no idea you could use Epona to get across the bridge? I never even knew there was another way to get across the bridge. But, since I didn't even add this opinion in my first post, I think that the Spirit Temple was intended to be last and I've always thought of it that way, even though I never did it last.
Yeah, I didn't. What, do you jump the gap with her? I never would have though of that because the gap looked way too big.

Anyway, you can use the Longshot to grab onto the think hanging over the bridge on the other side. That's how I've always gotten across.

Yeah. Just get up to a good speed, go right to it and she'll jump across it. There's even a little mini scene to go along with it. =D

Yeah. Just get up to a good speed, go right to it and she'll jump across it. There's even a little mini scene to go along with it. =D
Oh, mini-scene. That explains it. In other words, she can't actually jump it with the game's mechanics, but when you hit it at the right speed, it will jump for you... >_<

That explains why I never figured it out. It's like that last effing part in Shadow of the Colossus. >_<

M

Metroid133

Whenever I have gone through the game I did the Shadow Temple followed by the Spirit Temple. I find it cool to do the Spirit Temple last since you meet that people who I believe had some influence on Ganondorf growing up right before you head to the final showdown. :)

bellum

Gamer since age 2
according to ZD's walthroughs it's shadow temple first but doing the spirit temple first will just make it harder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom