• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Which Dungeon Do You Think Was Harder, the Great Bay Temple or the Water Temple (OOT)

For me, definitly the Great Bay temple, took me 4-5 hours to get to the boss; and that's not even including the Egg Hunt.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3x.x It was so frustrating when i got the Gyorg.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Well the egg hunt is not part of Great Bay Temple, so it makes sense that you don't include that in the time.

On topic, I found the Water Temple in OoT harder than the Great Bay Temple. I'm not exactly sure why, though. Maybe because flipping a lot of switches was easier for me than going up and down all over the place :P.

Ugh, the Great Bay Temple, without a doubt. Ocarina of Time's Water Temple may have actually had a few trickier battles and puzzles (Dark Link is fricken' impossible for me STILL), but the Great Bay Temple still confuses the hell out of me, no matter how many times I play the game. It was the first dungeon of Majora's Mask where I had to basically read from a guide the whole dungeon (I was young back then), and I still stumble all over the place in there.

It's awesome. Just unbelievably hard. :P

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
Both are difficult, but I prefer the Water Temple over the Great Bay anyday. The Water Temple is just a maze that needs solving, and the boss and mini-boss make it worth it. Great Bay is a bigger maze and the boss is even harder. If it wasn't necessary to beat it, I'd skip it.

David

But you called me here...
Great Bay Temple, definitely. I had no issues with the Water Temple, in fact I actually loved it. It wasn't all that challenging to me, and it was loads of fun to play.

The Great Bay Temple, on the other hand, was frustrating to me. When I play Zelda, I can quickly learn the layout of each dungeon and the field. That was not the case with the Great Bay Temple. I got lost all the time. I had issues with solving the puzzles, and I just had a hard time with it in general. I love the temple, but I found it really hard.

No doubt about it: the Great Bay Temple was much harder. The Water Temple, while challenging in spots, had only one or two spots where I got stuck for more than a few moments. The Great Bay Temple, on the other hand, had me running all over the temple multiple times trying to figure out where to go next. It didn't help that I ran out of time and had to do several parts of it over again. Also, Gyorg is a lot harder than Morpha, and, while Dark Link was tough, you could always cheat and use the Megaton Hammer to beat him easily; the Great Bay Temple had multiple mini bosses, and at least one of them (the Gecko with the huge bubble thing) gave me almost as much trouble as the main boss.

Even though it was much harder, I think I liked the Great Bay Temple more. I guess I had about as much fun in the actual temple area there as I did in the Water Temple, but once I got the hang of fighting it, the boss was actually really fun. I really like fighting it as Zora Link: it adds a bit of challenge, and takes of bit of skill, which makes it all the more enjoyable.

Kybyrian

The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time wasn't really challenging as much as it was just annoying. It could confuse you sometimes if you really weren't thinking about what you were doing, but for the most part it was just annoying relocating areas to raise and drop the water level over and over again. The temple itself wasn't actually challenging. The Great Bay Temple, however, was a lot more challenging. It doesn't just annoy you like the Water Temple does, but can present you with an actual challenge, which is something the Water Temple never really did for me. Dark Link may have been extremely challenging, yes, but a mini boss doesn't make up for everything else. The Great Bay Temple had challenging mini bosses and the boss was actually pretty cool and challenged me a bit. Morpha was a pathetic boss, to be completely honest.

That being said, I happen to also find the Great Bay Temple a lot more appealing than the Water Temple. A bit of challenge is always fun, which is why I never liked the Water Temple. It wasn't providing you with a challenge, but throwing you nonsense that was simply annoying. The Great Bay Temple actually came at you with a challenge.

both are hard for the zelda standard, I can really decide, both are "tricky", you can get someway lost, so, I am giving them a TIE

I am going to have to go with the Great Bay Temple being more difficult.

The water temple used to be difficult for me, but now I understand it better. It was just so irritating having to switch in and out of the iron boots. :mad:

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Oh dear... the Great Bay Temple was more difficult than the Water Temple on a colossal scale. The pipe system was extremely tedious, and dying and having to do it all over again was an absolute nightmare.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The Great Bay Temple ... the Water Temple basically comes down to doing a full level sweep at each water level to get keys, whereas there's a lot more involved with getting through the Bay Temple .. the changing directions of the water currents, the fairy collection (if you choose to do so), 2 mini bosses, and probably the most difficult boss in the game. The Water Temple is definitely no cakewalk the first time you do it, but once you know both Temples by heart the Water Temple is fairly simple while the Great Bay Temple still presents a challenge.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Without a doubt, Water Temple. It wasn't that they were hard, it's just that Water Temple had me stumped on that key under the floating platform. Great Bay Temple, I knew what to do all the time. Also, you don't have to raise or lower water levels fifty times in GBT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom