• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I'm currently reading Iliad by Homer (Alexander Pope translation). Well, maybe I'm more like writing a dissertation on it. I have 16 pages worth of notes and I'm only six pages in. XD

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Currently, I'm reading two books.

"Coalescent," by Stephen Baxter. It's the first novel of Baxter's "Destiny's Children" series, itself a sub-series in the greater Xeelee Sequence, an epic hard SF space opera series. I plan to read the entire Xeelee Sequence from beginning to end in chronological order, and "Coalescent" is the first book in the overall timeline.

"Writing Systems: A Linguistic Introduction," by Geoffrey Sampson. This book is one of the most authoritative books on the world's writing systems. It discusses writing, ancient and modern, and the linguistic science behind the different kinds of orthographic systems that have appeared and are currently used in the world.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm reading "Transcendent", by Stephen Baxter. It's the third book in his "Destiny's Children" series, but it comes second chronologically in the greater Xeelee Sequence.
[video=youtube;Wmc8bQoL-J0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc8bQoL-J0[/video]

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'm about to start reading "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller. I had to read three books over the summer for school, this being one of them. I haven't started any of the three yet, so I should probably get on it. :P

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
The Palmer Method of Business Writing by A. N. Palmer. I read/heard a few times that proper penmanship is useful for drawing and would like to test it out on myself. I am also reading A Splendid Exchange: How Trade Shaped the World by William J. Bernstein. It was assigned to the AP World History students as a supplemental reading. The teacher did not say whether or not to takes notes, but I am going to assume he does. I hope it doesn't get dry after the first few pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom