• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Anime Are You Currently Watching?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Winter 2016 watchlist:

Akagami no Shirayukihime 2
Dimension W
Divine Gate
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
GATE: Fire Dragon Arc
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

Fall leftovers:

Garo: Crimson Moon
Haikyuu!! 2
Heavy Object

And I'm continuing to watch Fairy Tail as it airs and Gintama at my own pace.

Oh, not even halfway through then? Man, I'm jealous. So much good stuff yet to watch for you. I can honestly promise the show never starts to suck, and it's currently at episode 304 or so.

I started rewatching Kids on the Slope today, based on a sudden impulse to hear its opening song again, which I completely forgot but remembered was awesome.

I quickly remembered why I loved that song so much back when I first saw the show about 38 seconds in, and decided to watch it again. I'm currently about halfway through it, and kind of mixed about it. I absolutely love the sequences of them jamming together, which are expertly animated. Some of the drama feels forced though, and I kind of hate the male lead, Kaoru, who gets pissed off at my favourite character on the show, Sentaro, about every two episodes and Sentaro never deserves it. I remember I liked the ending though, and the show is pretty short anyway, so I'm gonna keep at it for now. Anyone else seen this?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Just finished Gukkou Gurashi (School Live!).
I have to say, for a 12 episode anime about school girls in the zombie apocalypse, it was pretty enjoyable. I especially liked the ending, and I've got to say, those couple of last episodes were very sad. Especially when the dog died. The feels, man. The feels.

(The reason I put that in as a spoiler was to avoid letting people in on the genre, since the first episode has a pretty major twist in that regard. Trust me, you should watch it before researching it.)

Next is Hunter X Hunter, the original series. My friend recommended I try it, so why not?

Last edited:
Is Gintama any good?

Absolutely fantastic show. It's mostly really silly comedy, but throws in a serious arc (about 3-6 episodes each) every once in a while. Gintama is successful in both of these. As I've mentioned many times before, absolutely do skip the first two episodes, because they're boring filler that tries to jam as many characters into a two episode story as possible, and it both falls flat and kind of spoils the real introductions of many characters. Episode 3 is where the actual show begins, and I promise you will not miss anything if you skip the first two. I'll have to admit that it takes a while before it really gets good, but once it does, it just.. stays good. It's at 305 episodes now, and I still watch the new episode as soon as I can when it comes out. No drop in quality at all.

To summarize, if you enjoy:
-silly, ridiculous humour
-outlandish plotlines
-emotional storytelling
-gripping fight scenes
-tons of pop culture references
-believable, relatable and, considering the comedy based setup, surprisingly deep characters

give Gintama a watch. I can't praise it enough and I will never stop recommending it on this board.

I'm rewatching Samurai Champloo. I'd like to watch another good action anime, any suggestions? I've watched FMA Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, and Kill la Kill.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Towa no Quon (i.e. Eternal Quon), a six movie series (really just 50 minutes per chapter) focusing on a group of espers who use their powers to bring in others like them so that normal society is unaffected. There's a highly trained military group with six or so cyborgs working against them, however, and hunt down any espers whose power exceeds a certain level. Quon, the protagonist, feels obligated to save as many espers as possible due to a tragedy almost a hundred years ago; thing is, Quon is immortal and can't die from practically any injury. He chooses to use his ability to help people like him, which is almost rare considering that he is self-sacrificing rather than self-serving from the get-go.

I'm rewatching Samurai Champloo. I'd like to watch another good action anime, any suggestions? I've watched FMA Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, and Kill la Kill.
Fate/Zero is just as good as (if not better than) all three of those. Guilty Crown, too.

I recommend Akame ga Kill! for a brief, bloody, and rather sad action anime.
Loved Akame ga Kill! although it felt like Akame didn't get as much airtime as she should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom