• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where'd the Graveyard Kid Go?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I don't think there is any sort of evidence to definitively say what happened to the Graveyard Kid. As most people are saying, it's most like that he either died or he and his family left Hyrule. I like to think that they fled the war.

You are all forgetting one thing. It's almost certain that the Poe Collecter is a female.

tumblr_m5fqp2K6xx1rpntveo1_500.gif

Remember this? This suggest that she is female, hence she finds Link attractive. Plus, she hints that if she was so handsome herself, she would be in a different business. No kid who plays this gets the reference, but I think she means she would have been a prostitute. So if you would assume she is female, it can't be the kid. Or it's a gay poe collector with ambitions to go into prostitution, but I don't think that's it :P.

I like the Poe theory on the boy though. He was so fascinated with graveyards, ghosts and death that he himself became a ghost.

I have to say, I pretty much disagree with this 100%. That line from the Poe Collector in no way even insinuates that the Poe Collector is a female. All that he is saying is that Link is a good-looking young fella, and the Poe Collector is practically a zombie. A zombie-looking guy is probably quite limited in terms of employment options.

Aside from that, as most people have said, the most likely scenario is that the Poe Hunter is the guard from Young Link's time period.

In case anyone is still interested, there was a developer interview back in 1999 printed in a Japanese publication called 64Dream. In part of the interview they ask Koizumi, the 3D system director, about what happened to the boy:

墓場のちびっこストーカーは、おとな時代にはどこに行ってしまったのですか?

あれから5年後、彼が8歳の時に、行方不明の父を探しに迷いの森に迷い込んで、遭難してしまいました。その時、スタルキッドになってしまったのです。スタルキッドは、おとなとは話をしませんから、おとなリンクと遭遇しても攻撃するだけで、彼の身の内を聞くことができなかったんですね。
(小泉・3Dシステムディレクター)。

Where the little kid stalker at the graveyard went at the period of adult Link?

5 years later, when he was 8 years old, he wondered into the Lost Woods in search of his missing father and got lost. That was when he became a Skull kid. Skull kid don't talk to adults, so when he encountered an adult Link, he just attacked him and couldn't ask Link what happened to him.
(Koizumi 3D system director.)

^ that is a translation from a recent reddit thread, and the following is from an older reddit post, with a similar translation:

Q: Where did the little stalker in the graveyard go when you were in your time (became an adult)?

A: Five years later, when he was eight years old, he wandered into the Lost Woods in search of his missing father and got lost. At that time, he became a Skull Kid. Skull Kid don't talk to adults, so when he encountered adult Link, he just attacked him and didn't ask him what happened to him. (Koizumi, 3D System Director

I have been doing research on this boy recently and that's how I came upon this. Quite a dark fate. So, it seems that the skull kid in the Lost Woods that attacks Adult Link is the boy from the graveyard (note that this is a different skull kid than the one that appears there as child Link)

Daku Rinku

Trust Only The Triforce
ZD Champion
In case anyone is still interested, there was a developer interview back in 1999 printed in a Japanese publication called 64Dream. In part of the interview they ask Koizumi, the 3D system director, about what happened to the boy:

墓場のちびっこストーカーは、おとな時代にはどこに行ってしまったのですか?

あれから5年後、彼が8歳の時に、行方不明の父を探しに迷いの森に迷い込んで、遭難してしまいました。その時、スタルキッドになってしまったのです。スタルキッドは、おとなとは話をしませんから、おとなリンクと遭遇しても攻撃するだけで、彼の身の内を聞くことができなかったんですね。
(小泉・3Dシステムディレクター)。

Where the little kid stalker at the graveyard went at the period of adult Link?

5 years later, when he was 8 years old, he wondered into the Lost Woods in search of his missing father and got lost. That was when he became a Skull kid. Skull kid don't talk to adults, so when he encountered an adult Link, he just attacked him and couldn't ask Link what happened to him.
(Koizumi 3D system director.)

^ that is a translation from a recent reddit thread, and the following is from an older reddit post, with a similar translation:

Q: Where did the little stalker in the graveyard go when you were in your time (became an adult)?

A: Five years later, when he was eight years old, he wandered into the Lost Woods in search of his missing father and got lost. At that time, he became a Skull Kid. Skull Kid don't talk to adults, so when he encountered adult Link, he just attacked him and didn't ask him what happened to him. (Koizumi, 3D System Director

I have been doing research on this boy recently and that's how I came upon this. Quite a dark fate. So, it seems that the skull kid in the Lost Woods that attacks Adult Link is the boy from the graveyard (note that this is a different skull kid than the one that appears there as child Link)
Wait.. Skull Kid.. did he become Majora? :eek:

Wait.. Skull Kid.. did he become Majora? :eek:
No, the skull kid from majora's mask is the skull kid you meet as child Link and sell the skull mask to. The graveyard boy becomes the skull kid that attacks Adult Link in the lost woods, so a different skull kid (you can actually kill this skull kid and get an orange rupee). Remember there are multiple skull kids, since there are two that play the ocarina game with child Link.

Daku Rinku

Trust Only The Triforce
ZD Champion
No, the skull kid from majora's mask is the skull kid you meet as child Link and sell the skull mask to. The graveyard boy becomes the skull kid that attacks Adult Link in the lost woods, so a different skull kid (you can actually kill this skull kid and get an orange rupee). Remember there are multiple skull kids, since there are two that play the ocarina game with child Link.
That is helpful, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom