• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Where did the Guardians come from?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
The guardians are probably one of the main bosses in BotW, but what do you think the story is behind them? I think Calamitty Ganon has summoned him to take over the new world, but what do you think is up with the guardians? :bomb::boomerang::sword:

The exact opposite.
The Guardians were made by the Shiekah to keep baddies away, but they either became "overprotective" or Ganon took over them

The exact opposite.
The Guardians were made by the Shiekah to keep baddies away, but they either became "overprotective" or Ganon took over them
if that's true it could just be that they were built to attack anyone who wasn't Shiekah and Link isn't technically Shiekah.

What if the Guardians are either derivative of or maybe even the precursor to (depending on timeline placement) of those helicopter things in Hyrule field in OoT? I know this isn't really related to your post per say but it kinda is I guess.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
What if the Guardians are either derivative of or maybe even the precursor to (depending on timeline placement) of those helicopter things in Hyrule field in OoT? I know this isn't really related to your post per say but it kinda is I guess.
This is not likely as those are giant peahats and they have a bio makeup whereas the guardian are clearly mechanical.

Tibari

Rinkuji
Guardians are created by the Sheikah, but the Sheikah's technology has orange or blue lights (shrines, mini guardians, sheikah's slate), while giant guardians have pink lights.
Pink is the color that glows around Calamity Ganon, so... Ganon may have corrupted them... And maybe the Guardians react to Link's Sheikah Slate?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, when a boy Guardian loves a girl Guardian (actually, they don't have to love them) they do freaky tentacly robot things to each other and make more Guardians. Hence, the small Guardians seen in shrines.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
I actually think they were made by the Sheikah to destroy their enemies. I think there are could have been 2 factions of Sheikahs that are doing things. Blue. The Sheikah servants of the royal family. Red. The Sheikah rebels. The leaders (sheikah monks) of the blue faction were forced to lock themselves into their own shrines to escape the rebels who made the Guardians to hunt down certain people and guard areas with shrines so that the blue faction couldn't escape. Link was a member of the blue faction so the red faction put Link in the Guardian hitlist and they hunted him down and BLAM Link was somehow killed. A member of the blue faction (perhaps the old man or his predecessor) finds Link's body and places it in the ressurection shrine. Red faction is trying to bring about the destruction of Hyrule, so they thought it would be a good idea to summon a Ganon and take over the castle. IT'S A TRAP! Blue Faction supreme leader (Zelda) traps Ganon in the castle and the red faction members construct four pillars around the castle to break the seal. :/ Just minor speculation. Maybe they also took out the Master Sword to double make sure Link couldn't foil their plans.

(Guardians don't just kill anyone, if they did they would have targeted the farmers in the first trailer with them in it, they specifically target Link and turn on when he's close.)

I actually think they were made by the Sheikah to destroy their enemies. I think there are could have been 2 factions of Sheikahs that are doing things. Blue. The Sheikah servants of the royal family. Red. The Sheikah rebels. The leaders (sheikah monks) of the blue faction were forced to lock themselves into their own shrines to escape the rebels who made the Guardians to hunt down certain people and guard areas with shrines so that the blue faction couldn't escape. Link was a member of the blue faction so the red faction put Link in the Guardian hitlist and they hunted him down and BLAM Link was somehow killed. A member of the blue faction (perhaps the old man or his predecessor) finds Link's body and places it in the ressurection shrine. Red faction is trying to bring about the destruction of Hyrule, so they thought it would be a good idea to summon a Ganon and take over the castle. IT'S A TRAP! Blue Faction supreme leader (Zelda) traps Ganon in the castle and the red faction members construct four pillars around the castle to break the seal. :/ Just minor speculation. Maybe they also took out the Master Sword to double make sure Link couldn't foil their plans.

(Guardians don't just kill anyone, if they did they would have targeted the farmers in the first trailer with them in it, they specifically target Link and turn on when he's close.)
I dont remember where, but I remember reading somewhere that the original Sheikah symbol was just an eye, but then something happened, and they then added the tear, to show they are sad or something.
I always thought that this something was that some Shaikah betrayed them and they are the Dark Interlopers, but it could be this event you described.
(If I actually raed that somewhere and didn't just sream about it)

I dont remember where, but I remember reading somewhere that the original Sheikah symbol was just an eye, but then something happened, and they then added the tear, to show they are sad or something.
I always thought that this something was that some Shaikah betrayed them and they are the Dark Interlopers, but it could be this event you described.
(If I actually raed that somewhere and didn't just sream about it)
You read it from the Ocarina of Time Manga, but it's a non canon source.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
The name"Guardians" implies their purpose was at some point to protect... Something... The question is, what we're they protecting, who were they protecting it for/from, and why now do they roam the earth blasting **** with lasers? That doesn't seem much like guarding, more like eliminating. I think their original purpose was corrupted, whether that was by Ganon's power or otherwise has yet to be determined. Perhaps he found out how to control them, or perhaps they broke free of their original masters' control for whatever reason. Did anyone confirm that they were built by the Shiekah or is that just speculation? I don't remember, and I think a separate force creating them, perhaps against the Shiekah, could lead to interesting developments.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
The name"Guardians" implies their purpose was at some point to protect... Something... The question is, what we're they protecting, who were they protecting it for/from, and why now do they roam the earth blasting **** with lasers? That doesn't seem much like guarding, more like eliminating. I think their original purpose was corrupted, whether that was by Ganon's power or otherwise has yet to be determined. Perhaps he found out how to control them, or perhaps they broke free of their original masters' control for whatever reason. Did anyone confirm that they were built by the Shiekah or is that just speculation? I don't remember, and I think a separate force creating them, perhaps against the Shiekah, could lead to interesting developments.
It looks more to me that they were invading the ToT than protecting it, but then some look like they are doing the opposite. Maybe bad and good both have guardians and they used them in a war? And you're right, there is no confirmation that the guardians are built by the sheikah, people speculate that because the Sheikah shrines look remarkably like a Guardian's head and the Sheikah monks say they built the shrines... Which also have baby guardians in them... So it's pretty much obvious that it was the Sheikah, but not confirmed. Because maybe they are locked in their own shrines and someone else put the guardians in there to keep Link from freeing them. :/ That's the only alternative I can see to the Sheikah being their creators.

I think the Sheikah built them, their designs are far too close to things we know the Sheikah built like the Resurrection Chamber, the towers and the Shrines.

We've seen some Guardians glow blue like the Sheikah Slate and others (usually when theyre attacking) glow pink like Calamity Ganon does.

So i think the Sheikah built the Guardians to protect Hyrule while Link was sleeping, but Calamity Ganon corrupted and took over them, forcing the Sheikah to bring Link back to the waking world.

So... i think the Guardians are Sheikah in origin for those reasons.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd agree with what Spirit said. I think they are Sheikah in origin and controlled by Ganon or his forces as they appear to leave Bokoblins alone and only attack link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom