• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Are They Fighting?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ok, so I was getting a screenshot of Ghirahim from the E3 2011 trailer, and I noticed something interesting about where Link and Ghirahim were fighting. Now, I don't think the final part of the trailer was actual gameplay (just like the GDC trailer), but I don't see why where they are wouldn't be in the game. So I'm wondering exactly where it is. I originally thought they were inside, but they're actually outside. The sky is almost pitch-black, and they are surrounded by what appears to be a castle of some sorts. I'm not sure, so I wanted to know what you guys thought of this.
Ghirahim combat.jpg

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I noticed this too the first time I watched that trailer, because it was a different place from were the dom fight takes place. I think that the only conclusion we can draw from this screen shot is that we fight Ghirahim several times over the course of the avdventure...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I noticed this too the first time I watched that trailer, because it was a different place from were the dom fight takes place. I think that the only conclusion we can draw from this screen shot is that we fight Ghirahim several times over the course of the avdventure...

We already know we'll fight him multiple times. He was controlling that giant statue. Of course, that wasn't hand-to-hand combat, but he was still fighting him in a sense.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I hope it's not an ending scene :O -averts eyes-

If it is... it's probably too early to speculate on it in specific details now, anyway :)

I was taught to believe it is never too early to speculate. But if it bothers you, I'll gladly stop.

I got the idea mainly from the sky. It looks dark and I would guess it's in Hyrule because of it.

Now I'll stop.

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
I'll go speculative and guess that MAY be the ending or middle of the game. But it would be horrible if they showed it that early.
I don't think it would be bad if they showed us a scene from late in the game, as long as it's one that doesn't really tell us anything.

Can "the hero and the villain fight" really be considered a spoiler? Either way, Ghirahim looks like a character you're going to have multiple encounters with as Cuju already mentioned.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
I was taught to believe it is never too early to speculate. But if it bothers you, I'll gladly stop.

I got the idea mainly from the sky. It looks dark and I would guess it's in Hyrule because of it.

Now I'll stop.

It's okay, I don't mind at all ^^

I've been doing some speculating on my own, actually...

What I meant by "details" was that we really don't know what happens after the first dungeon, so it could be a location that we don't know of yet. But, it could be Skyloft with a darkened sky (if it was either night or attacked or something) or in the cursed, monster-infested land of Hyrule.

It appears to be a room with no ceiling, or something like that. It perhaps takes place near the beginning of the game. It is however, not that easy to say, since it was revealed recently that Ghirahim may not be the ultimate antagonist of Skyward Sword...so yeah. You know?...because the final villain is usually encountered (faced) at the end of the game.

Moreover, it is even more difficult to discern the battle setting when one considers the "changes in the traditional flow" Miyamoto-dono and Aonuma-senpai talked about so vehemently in various interviews with them. I imagine these changes would also greatly affect how/when bosses (and the final boss, kinda) are encountered and/or fought. Just think about it...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It appears to be a room with no ceiling, or something like that. It perhaps takes place near the beginning of the game. It is however, not that easy to say, since it was revealed recently that Ghirahim may not be the ultimate antagonist of Skyward Sword...so yeah. You know?...because the final villain is usually encountered (faced) at the end of the game. Moreover, it is even more difficult to discern the battle setting when one considers the "changes in the traditional flow" Miyamoto-dono and Aonuma-senpai talked about so vehemently in various interviews with them. I imagine these changes would also greatly affect how/when bosses (and the final boss, kinda) are encountered and/or fought. Just think about it...

A room with no ceiling, that's one of the things I was thinking. It could be in a castle that was torn apart in an area. But this doesn't appear to be early in the game. We know where they are at the beginning. In a room, and Ghirahim isn't fighting with his cloak.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
Also... in the trailer, it doesn't look like Link is holding the green hilt of the Skyward Sword, but instead that brown/black one we see during the bird race and when Link is staring up at Phi.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Also... in the trailer, it doesn't look like Link is holding the green hilt of the Skyward Sword, but instead that brown/black one we see during the bird race and when Link is staring up at Phi.

That's because he doesn't have the Skyward Sword yet. I'm guessing Phi turns that sword into the Skyward Sword somehow. She can come in and out of it at first, but later she will transform along with the blade into the Master Sword, and her consciousness will be sealed inside the blade, hence why it can tell if the new Hero is trying to pull it out.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
That's because he doesn't have the Skyward Sword yet. I'm guessing Phi turns that sword into the Skyward Sword somehow. She can come in and out of it at first, but later she will transform along with the blade into the Master Sword, and her consciousness will be sealed inside the blade, hence why it can tell if the new Hero is trying to pull it out.

I know this, I was just pointing it out, so it's possible that either this is toward the beginning, or there was a plot-twist where the green sword (Phi) is unavailable. (if there were any misunderstandings, I meant he didn't have it at the end of the trailer when he was jumping at Ghirahim.)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I know this, I was just pointing it out, so it's possible that either this is toward the beginning, or there was a plot-twist where the green sword (Phi) is unavailable. (if there were any misunderstandings, I meant he didn't have it at the end of the trailer when he was jumping at Ghirahim.)

Oh, now I see what you're saying. No, he had the Skyward Sword at that point. I would figure it would be the Master Sword, but that wasn't actual gameplay, so they just kept it as the Skyward Sword for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom