• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Author (fiction or Non-fiction)?

I'm curious to know what authors everyone likes. My favorite is Rick Riordan. So far I've only read the Kane Chronicles and the Percy Jackson series, but I plan to read his other books soon.
I really love his style of writing. He's able to turn almost anything into a humorous situation, but at the same time knows when to keep something serious. I also love all the mythology in the two series I mentioned. Because of how he writes, I've been able to remember more mythology than I ever could by using a textbook.

So what are your favorite authors?
As the title says, they can be either fiction or non-fiction writers.

Terry Pratchett especially the Discworld books! love them so much! Hopefully he will be able to get a few more (preferably a lot more) of them out :(

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
My favorite non-fiction author is Hunter S. Thompson.

My favorite fiction authors are Douglas Adams, Edger Allen Poe, Shakespeare, and Piers Anthony.

Either Brandon Mull or Erin Hunter. They both created some of the best books out there like Fablehaven and Warriors.

Warriors and Fablehaven. Those two series are my third and fourth favorite series respectively. My first two favorites I already mentioned above. I really like most fantasy books.

IndigoRose

Princess of Awesome!!!
Cassandra Clare! She writes the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices and I actually met her at a book singing in April!

I never liked to read when I was younger, but getting into High School changed that. I liked J.R.R. tolkien for a really long time, but now my favorite is D.J. MacHale by far. His Pendragon books are amazing. I'm on the 7th out of 10. They're exciting and unexpected. He's also writing a series called the Morpheus Road that i've read a bit of, and it's also good so far. It's cool seeing some people in it from the Pendragon books. D.J. MacHale Books

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
My favorite fiction author is Steven Erikson, the author of the Malazan Book of the Fallen. He has such a gift with words! My second favorite is Ted Dekker, but mainly for his fantasy stories, not the thrillers..

domo

I think my head stopped hurting finally
Mark Twain, for all the ideas he gave me on how to escape my parents (and other people) by writing The adventures of Tom Sawyer and The adventures of Huck Finn. I forever thank him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom