• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's YOUR 2011 Game of the Year?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Two questions. One, why give it to a game you haven't played yet? Two, how can a 2012 game count as a 2011 GOTY?

Um...maybe because he already played it and isn't from the U.S. hence, "So wait till april 2012 US people and you will understand why", JJ. Therefore it's a 2011 game for him.

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
Skyward Sword. Do I really need to explain myself for that one?

My other favorite game released in 2011 was Portal 2. Just like everyone else, I love the game for its fun gameplay and great story.

for me it was SKYWARD SWORD.........waited for it the whole year and bought it, forgot about wii motion but then my friend game me 1

Portal 2 was perfect, and as much as i hated the previous games.. i ended up really enjoying skyrim. Was pretty disapointed with skyward sword but its still up there.
1. Portal 2
2. Skyrim
3. Skyward Sword

Without a doubt, the 2011 Game of the Year for me is Skyrim. After over 100 hours played, I still haven't seen all of the major cities, or completed the main quest. It's on my personal Top 5 Games of all-time.

Skyward Sword was a huge letdown, but I still enjoyed it and would put it in Top 5 for the year.

I still have yet to play Portal 2, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, SM3D Land, among other major titles that came out in 2011.

Skyrim was going to be my GOTY of 2011, because I didn't expect to buy any other games before 2012 arrived, but then I bought Skyward Sword on December 26th and by December 30th or so, it was easily my Game of the Year.

Probably Zelda:Skyward Sword. I would say Pokemon Black, but Zelda actually made me feel much more emotions during gameplay. The Silent Realms scared the crap out of me. I wanted to save zelda more than I did in the other titles. I murdered those enemies because of it, and Black had more emotion than previous pokemon titles, but not as much as Skyward Sword.

Mine would be Skyward Sword. Mainly because it was the only awesome release for the Wii (With the exception of Rayman Origins,) that year, and the game is awesome.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
As much as I loved Skyward Sword, Sonic Generations was probably the best game I ever played since Zelda II.

The gameplay of SG On the consoles is some of the best you'll ever find in a platformer. You have two Sonics (I Like to call the Classic one as Cuddles, so thats what I'm going to call him from now on)to play as and each has their own individual styles. Cuddles plays through 2D Classic side-scrolling stages and Sonic plays through 70% 3D Stages and 30% 2D Stages. It's the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 in my opinion. Heroes was great, just not as good as SA2

The graphics are AMAZING! Best looking Sonic game since Sonic '06!!!!!(Thats saying alot, since, as good as Colours looked it was on the Wii, Sonic '06 was not the best game ever)

The sound blew my ears off!!!! Listen to this!!!: [video=youtube;J9O2AePoclM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9O2AePoclM&feature=relmfu[/video]

Isin't just AMAZING!?!??!!?!?!?!?

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh, and it's Portal 2 for me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom