• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's YOUR 2011 Game of the Year?

This is a draw between Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land, both we're so much fun to play, but Skyward Sword had a great story whereas Mario was easier to get hooked into.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I wasn't able to buy or play many games but I loved Portal 2 and Skyward Sword. Portal 2 had an amazing story and the puzzles were some of the best I've ever seen. The multiplayer was an added bonus. It was like getting 2 games for the price of one. Skyward Sword was amazing; I loved the gameplay and puzzles and the story and music were excellent. Even though the motion controls were weird at times they were a fun new experience.

Although I am hugely bias, Skyward Sword has got to be my favorite 2011 game, but I really loved Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine. Not only was the story mode awesome, I spent so much time playing the online multiplayer. I'm in no way saying it's the best game of 2011 but of the games I bought and played, I spent the most time with it.

R

Rompo

I've got to go with The Elder Scrolls Skyrim. The graphics were incredible, the possibilities endless. The world of Skyrim is so expansive, its almost unreal. Unlike other games where you see mountains in the distance, but there's always some barrier blocking your way, in Skyrim you can travel to those mountains. Theirs so much to do, You can do what you want while being what you want. With hundreds of side quests, besides the epic main quest, Skyrim will keep you coming back for more and more. It dose have its faults, as dose all games. The loading times were UN-bearingly long for me, and the fighting cut scenes were a little UN-realistic. Also when walking by anyone they would spout out a conversation. That got a little annoying. All-in-All though a great game, with over 300 hours of game play. Who wouldn't call this the 2011 Game Of the Year.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The graphics were incredible...

The graphics? Not that they weren't good, but they were actually pretty bad for what the systems its on are capable of. Not to mention that you can find textures that look like they came straight out of an N64 game all around the terrain. Really, it's not that hard to spot.

Who wouldn't call this the 2011 Game Of the Year.

Lots of people. :rolleyes:

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I got only three 2011 releases last year. I got a bunch of previously released games though.
Ocarina 3D
Skyward Sword
Mario 3D Land
Star Fox 64 3D

Skyward Sword is my winner. Though OoT 3D was a good remake and I really like it, I think that SS is the best game because it was new, and it is my favorite game of all time. Mario 3D is fun, but I am not really into platformers that much. Star fox is great, but once again, it wasn't anything we haven't seen before.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Impossible to decide. Ocarina 3DS was great. Skyward Sword was cool. Pokemon Black and White obviously deserve some praise. A game I really enjoyed that I didn't expect to, though, was Pokemon Rumble Blast. Surprised me. Not really a "go out and buy" sort of game, but a rather fun and addictive timekill that I had no idea I would love so much.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Even though i really enjoyed SS, my vote goes to Xenoblade.

So wait till april 2012 US people and you will understand why.

Some points what I like about this game:
- Unique RPG system that is a mixture of real-time and turn based.
- Traditional RPG elements (levels, stats, skills, upgrades)
- No random/forced battles (you can engage battles at will)
- Great Storyline
- Grapics looks great, even if they are not HD.
- Game is not liniar and there is free roam
- Huge breathtaking world with a lot to explore
- Huge amount of sidequests
- Lot to collect (weapons, armors, resources, gems)
- Alot of replay value (i have played this game for over 400 hours)

Two questions. One, why give it to a game you haven't played yet? Two, how can a 2012 game count as a 2011 GOTY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom