• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's The Appeal In American Football?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I don't see the appeal to it either mostly for the fact that I love reading or watching a story. Football has neither.

Djinn

and Tonic
Take away the padding and maybe I'll be interested. But these players stub their toe and then they don't play for weeks. What babies. Proper football is way more interesting.

Ehh, I tend to think that any sport where the players can go out to the field with $700+ perms/stylized hair and never once mess up their hair is not really sporting enough for me.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
h615AF66A

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Pretty much every sport bores the heck out of me. I don't find any of them appealing in the least. My family are big sports nuts, though, and they'd tell you that the appeal is in never being able to truly predict what happens next. That is something I can understand, but not when it's applied to sports. Sports are not fun to watch for me, so it being unpredictable doesn't mean squat to me.

I used to enjoy playing football with my friends, but I'm not really into watching it anymore. I was big into college football when I was in high school. I grew out of it as I got into college though. Just couldn't stand it anymore, and watching it was definitely boring to me. When I saw how schools put more money into football programs than they do their own education systems, it left a bad taste in my mouth, and still tastes bad today. I just can't stand all of it.

Doctorzuko

Timelord Firelord
Sports are mostly boring, but Americans love their big buff men ramming into each other because it's hardcore and violent and aggressive. If I had to pick any sport it would be baseball or golf, I am strangely attracted to the idea of hitting balls with sticks, but it's not something I go out of my way to get.

Sports are mostly boring, but Americans love their big buff men ramming into each other because it's hardcore and violent and aggressive. If I had to pick any sport it would be baseball or golf, I am strangely attracted to the idea of hitting balls with sticks, but it's not something I go out of my way to get.

To each their own but I'm not a golf fan, not even a miniature golf fan. My family is all into football, soccer and hockey.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Like all sports, it's funner to play than to watch of TV. As to appeal, it takes many different body types and attributes, and has them work together to overcome the opposite team. I don't prefer it personally, but I think it's mostly a good sport and can see why people like it so much.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I find it amazing how many people responded just to say they don't like football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom