• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda soundtracks do you enjoy the most?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No matter if you dislike or like a game. Even bad games can still have good music and vice verse :D This is not about your fav song/tracks but about the games with the best music according to you. Personally I think TWW and ALBW have the best soundtracks. I love the different elements brought together in TWW. Irish music combined with some scottish music. Of course many games have this but we're talking about Zelda games now :)

The Wind Waker hands down gets my top pick. I don't think there's a single track I dislike.

I've probably lost years of my life in my combined playtime of that game and I'm still not bored of it or the music. The ocean theme is one of the best themes in anything ever. It's all so good, they nailed exactly what they needed to nail.

Ocarina of Time gets my second pick because you can feel the freedom and excitement in the music, and the game as a whole.

My favorite soundtrack has got to be Midna's Lament from Twilight Princess. Something about it just speaks volume to the ears. I could listen to it for hours.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I don't really have a favorite soundtrack, but rather songs from all the different ones I prefer. But as my first exposure to Zelda was Ocarina of Time, I'd probably pick that one for the sake of nostalgia. Kinda the same for Majora's Mask, and a little bit Wind Waker

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Twilight princess of course! Midna’s lament is amazing, and the passed Zora’s queen theme is beautiful. Sacred grove is really good, and I think it is a reference to Majora’s Mask if I am not mistaken. Honestly, all Zelda games have great music, but Tp is my favorite. Actually, I just finished saving Midna yesterday.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
oof, all of them
if I had to pick one, it's kind of a toss up b/w skyward sword and twilight princess, maybe TP since it sticks out to me a little more, probably b/c l've played it longer though

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Wind Walker definitely has my favorite music, like Spirit said, I don’t think there’s a single track I dislike. Even the music that plays as you fight enemies is awesome. The opening song remains one of my top songs from gaming in general.

Twilight Princess also has some solid tracks to it and is definitely up there. Midna’s Lament is definitely the peak music from that game, but I also appreciate the song that plays at night (I don’t remember it’s name but it’s the same song Malon sings).

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
A pretty major part of my thought process when determining the worth of a game is the soundtrack, I mean there’s a reason I won’t shut up about Mario Galaxy. The Zelda series is such a tough one to rank musically though because nearly every game in the series is a masterpiece in its own right.

It would honestly be easier to list the ones I don’t like, but who needs negativity when talking about the amazingness that is Zelda soundtracks?

But to answer the question: Majoras Mask. Before now most songs in the series, while amazing in their own right, all kinda conveyed the same feeling. They were all “open, adventurous, heroic.” I think Majoras Mask was the first one to really hit home that a games soundtrack could be a bit more than that. So many songs in it have a more melancholy, or even downright depressing feeling. Just about every song has a deeper or hidden meaning to it, just take the area themes. Each one of them, while technically different, follows the same melody, paralleling the fact that no matter where you are, you are doomed for destruction.

Also theGreatCthulhu mentioned that midnas lament was in 6/8 time, yet neglected to say that Ganons battle theme is in “**** whoever’s playing this song at any given time, especially the conductor”/4 time.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
The Wind Waker and A Link to the Past.
Especially the Sanctuary music, Rainscene, Kakariko Village + Lost Woods.
But WW has too many to list.
Good question!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
My favourite soundtrack is Twilight Princess. I wouldn't argue with anybody that it's the best, it's just the one that has the most individual tracks I enjoy. Hyrule Field is perhaps my favourite song in the series. Every so often, I'll put on a complete playlist of the entire soundtrack as background noise from beginning to end, and it almost feels like I'm going through the adventure again.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Most of them are pretty good but Wind Waker takes the top spot for me (and it seems most other people, too :rosa:). It's just so full of adventure and life and promise. The Great Sea theme is spectacular and never gets old, Dragon Roost feels homely and exotic at the same time, Forest Haven feels peaceful and calming with a hint of humour, and I'm a big fan of the Wind Temple music, too. The credits theme is beautiful as well, easily one of the best pieces of music in the entire franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom