• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Game Would You Like to See Remade?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Am sorry if there is a post like this but anyway....

What game would you like too see remade in the Zelda series, for example any of the top-down 2D games upgraded to the standards of the most recent handhold games or would you like them completely redesigned in 3D, if its just simple changes like Majoras Mask a reboot or major changes like A link to the Past in 3D or even a change in graphics.

Post what Zelda game you would like to be remade :)

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Currently, I'd appreciate a new installment, however Majora's Mask tops my most wanted remake list. It's a very unique and rewarding experience deserving of another outing for a younger generation as well as enthusiasts. A stereoscopic 3D rendition is only natural after Ocarina of Time 3D.

I'm conflicted about the clamor for a 3D remake of A Link to the Past. The goal of a remake should be to preserve the original. I wouldn't mind refined graphics like the classic NES Mario games in Super Mario All-Stars but the added z-axis is too drastic a change. ALttP is also known for its difficulty and transitioning to 3D would make the game easier offering players more room to evade enemies.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I'd like to see a makeover of LttP for the 25th anniversary of its release.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I think I'd like an HD collection for the Wiiu.
It should have more titles than the gcn collectors edition disc.
It could have all of the handheld titles if it wanted to, in all reality.

If it's just one game, I think I'd like to see MM3d.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend

This idea completely slipped from my mind.

Nintendo should definitely take this route as Zelda U is likely in early development and won't be released for several years more.

Nintendo should include every 3D console Zelda game sans Skyward Sword because it is the newest installment and requires Wii Motion Plus to play.

Majora's Mask 3D is something that I'd want to see, but it doesn't top my list. I'd actually like to see a remake of Link's Awakening or the original Legend of Zelda. I feel that those games would look amazing with current graphic capabilities. This probably won't happen immediately (MM3D is the next logical remake), but I'd like to see it at some point.

The only Zelda game I want to see remade is Majora's Mask for obvious reasons. Other Zelda game I don't really want to see remade, but I won't stand in the way of them happening.

The problem I have with that is that over half of the Zelda series is playable on the Wii U anyway, So I don't really see the logic in another collectors edition. If they were a collection of Zelda games that aren't playable on the Wii U I would understand, but making a collection of games that are already playable doesn't make sense.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I would prefer a new instalment too, but I think that actually a game that might benefit from a remake could be Twilight Princess. I think some of the uh shall we say 'less good' parts of that game could do with a retcon or ten zillion. Unpopular opinion...

But anyway, I actually think A Link To The Past deserves a remake to better standards. It's such a great game but a lot of people are intimidated by it's layout.

EDIT:

This just occurred to me: Ura Zelda.

No, not OoT masterquest, because there is ample evidence that the 64DD was supposed to house an entirely different game.

That's a difficult question to answer unless you're pointing to a specific kind of remake. Which naturally means I'll present all of my possible opinions, so bear with me.

In terms of graphics only - Oracle of Seasons. I haven't actually played the game, but imagine the game in stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS or HD on the Wii U. Each place would look different depending on what season you'd changed it to, right? With colorful, detailed graphics, it should look beautiful, especially if it was remade in 3D like OoT or MM, but that is merely conjecture.

In terms of merely bringing an older game up to speed - Probably the first Legend of Zelda. It held some brilliant concepts that were unfortunately pushed into a corner as the series developed, and utilizing these concepts (open world exploration, tons of secrets) in modern Zelda would be amazing. Regardless of whether it's 2D or 3D, the first Zelda would benefit tremendously from things like sidequests, more mini-games besides the "money-making game," and perhaps a dungeon creation system so you could share content with others. The game could be incredibly intuitive without even trying hard, I know it.

In terms of a massive overhaul - Link's Awakening DX. "Massive overhaul" means new graphics, new story execution, new sidequests, etc.. Starting from the beginning in a bigger move than Ocarina of Time 3D. Link's Awakening was a very personal story, or at least it would have been more so to me if it didn't seem so scarce on story in the first place. It also seemed a bit dry of sidequests and mini-games, making it ostensibly one of the most linear-feeling Zelda games in the series, right up there with Skyward Sword. Modern storytelling techniques, new dialogue, a somewhat redesigned overworld to make it feel more like an open island, sidequests, and mini-games could turn Link's Awakening into the masterpiece it was always meant to be. I like it as it is, but there's so much more for it to realize that a complete overhaul remake would turn it into gold. It's more for the story than anything. I wanted to feel more for the ending of the game, but the speed and detached attitude with which it presented the plot kept me from that.

Last edited:
Link's Awakening for me. It has long been my favourite handheld Zelda and it holds a special place in my heart for being zany as hell. It wasn't a dark or surreal Zany like MM, it was a reflexive clusterbugger of familiar things and a mad main quest with mental characters like the owl who constantly called you thief. So many awesome aspects of the game were just so random that I'd love to see it get the massive overhaul it deserves, 3D graphics in a 3D world with a lot of added content, of course this is simply fan service for me, La as a whole like PH manes absolutely nothing tot he overall Zelda legacy and as such is a pretty pointless installment to the mythology other than it existing for people to play it and enjoy it but when is that a bad thing.

If a game were to be remade though I'd want AoL to be remade because it was different enough from everything else at the time and still is, it had a lot of good ideas and a 3D version of it would be refreshing and would take things much further than SS did in its attempt to take the series forward.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'd love for a 2D game to be remade into a 3D game.
I mean, how cool would it be to play TMC, LA, LoZ or maybe ALttP in 3D?

Might sound stupid but to me something like this would be different enough to feel like a different game, this kind of remake would be awesome. In fact, I think this is the true definition of a remake, not just a re release with updated graphics or bugs but something truly different.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd love a HD remake for Wii U. It could have:
- Ocarina of Time
- Majoras Mask
- Wind Waker
- 4 Swords Adventures
- Twilight Princess (with option for motion control or the Wii U Pro controller)
- Skyward Sword (although it is probably too soon)
Why not just put all the games on it #wishfulthinking :P

Also Majora's Mask 3D as it would go well with OoT3D.

They could let someone like Grezzo do it and thus not take time away from new titles.

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
I think Twilight Princess upscaled to HD would be pretty amazing. The graphics are already impressive (even if they are a little blocky and blurry) and I would enjoy playing it in full HD for sure. It'd make it a whole different experience if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom