• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Say if the CD-i Game Were Completely Re-made?

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
What Would You Say if the CD-i Games Were Completely Re-made?

This question has been bugging me for a while. The CD-I games weren't the best in the world, and were probably the wort games EVER.
The graphics were weird, the cutscenes were too cheesy, and the voice-acting was ridiculous.

So, what would they be like if they were re-made for say the 3DS or the WiiU?

What would be your reaction?

Last edited:
I think I'd dislike them just as much. It'd seriously take a complete overhaul - in all aspects - to get me to like them. Graphics, characters, story, the whole nine...overhaul. Such hypothetical remakes would have to receive such an overhaul that they'd be completely unrecognizable from their former selves. That is all...

Last edited by a moderator:

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Don't talk about the CD-I game....It never happened! Nevah!
1110.png
*There is no such thing as CD-I, did not existed, never happened, nevah...nevah...nevah...nevah...nevah...nevah...nevah...ne vah...haneve...veneha...ha..hah..hahahaha*

R

Red Waffles

In order for it to be good there would have to change sooo much that it wouldn't be the same game it would just be a completely different game.

MW7

I think I'd dislike them just as much. It'd seriously take a complete overhaul - in all aspects - to get me to like them. Graphics, characters, story, the whole nine...overhaul. Such hypothetical remakes would have to receive such an overhaul that they'd be completely unrecognizable from their former selves. That is all...

Exactly as I feel. Everything's fixable as long as you can change everything.

Psykeout

Bill Clinton
OK SO.
Don't hate me but.
The CD-i games aren't THAT terrible (from what all I can gather from the surprising amount of research I put into this)
Yes the cutscenes are cheesy but that shouldn't even matter. I'm here to beat up octoroks and find small keys not worry about how good they are at writing script and animating.
SO the only problems that REALLY count are the several gameplay issues (and for the sake of convenience I'm going to focus on the wand of gamelon and the faces of evil because zelda's adventure is basically the same case just with different issues); collecting rupees is odd and items are troublesome and platforming is weird and the buttons aren't thought out. As a whole no one is going to say that the game itself was bad (IGNORING THE CUT-SCENES), just the game-PLAY. Which is something that could be fixed around rather easily really. Just some tweaks. Link's Adventure had some annoying mechanics (not as MANY annoying mechanics), but no one complains about that (because it was a really good game otherwise for a few reasons). This was a Nintendo game produced by Phillips. If you can just imagine how Nintendo would have handled the production of the games they wouldn't be AMAZING, but they'd be ok at least.

And if we ARE gonna talk about the cut-scenes, those are like the rocky horror picture show of video games and they are spectacularly awful.
SQUADALA.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
My reaction would be, "WTF why?" And why did you put this in General Gaming instead of World of Zelda?

The CD-i games actually have quite a bit of potential if they were to be remade with a fresh layer of graphics and voice acting. The only problem is that they are pretty shallow in terms of dungeon and overworld design and the best way to sell people on a product such as this would be to receive the official Nintendo Seal of Approval and release all three in a retail collection or for a reasonable price as separate downloads. If a retail route where to be taken it would be best on 3DS while download would be acceptable on both 3DS and Wii U. This actually sin't a half bad idea and quite probably something Nintendo should look into and consider for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom