• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Like to See More of Out of Zelda Dungeon

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
As you should all know, Zelda Dungeon is amazing. There are detailed site walkthroughs, video walkthroughs, guides, you name it. But what would you like to see Zelda Dungeon improve on, or what would you like to see Zelda Dungeon add to their website. ZD has always updated their new very frequently and they have always written interesting article or updates on Zelda news on this site. Yet every good thing in this world had some bad sides to it and every bad things have good sides to it. Would you like to see more video walkthroughs? Would you like to see the Four Swords walkthrough? Just suggest things that ZD could improve on.

For me I think Zelda Dungeon needs to work on Zelda Dungeon Wiki. It has come a long way to become so good, but if you compare it to other Zelda wikis it might be a bit behind the other wikis. Now, we can help contribute to improve the wiki here, just make an account and start editing.

I'd also like to see more video walkthroughs. I know that the staff, namely Mases and Caleb are always doing their best to make their walkthroughs polished and really good, but it takes a long time. I can understand why it would take such a long time, especially after watching the last one Caleb did on Majora's Mask. I guess I'm technically nagging ZD about it, but this is just an opinion. If the quality isn't going to be good if the walkthrough is made in a short time then just wave aside this paragraph, I'm being stupid.

I don't have anything else to say, actually. ZD's got everything, from a podcast to amazing walkthroughs, I don't have anything to say. The forums are very nice now, there is a gallery, a resources page, etc. You can make suggestions and stuff on any of the 'Dungeons', Pokemon Dungeon, Darksiders Dungeon or Zelda Dungeon.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I think Caleb's walkthrough of Majora's Mask is by far the best on the net. Axle is one of the coolest members- he is very unique and I enjoy listening to his ideas. Very creative. Those are actually the only ones I have heard of- oh, and Mas collection. It is neat seeing all that he owns!!

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
ZeldaDungeon Video Walkthroughs are the best Walkthroughs on the internet. They have content bars, and even have one in the video (Majora's Mask). Great commentary with great information on the game and Zelda mythology. I hope they end up making a Video Walkthrough for all 16 main Zelda games and the games second quest if that game has one (and Caleb makes his Skyward Sword updated version, preferably on Hero Mode to go along side with Mases) fairly soon. I understand that it takes time, and they can take all the time they need, I just want to know what games there working on. =)
Also if PokemonDungeon and/or DarksidersDungeon makes Video Walkthroughs, I hope there as great as the ZeldaDungeon Video Walkthroughs (and the Site Walkthroughs).

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I would like the quality of the articles written to be of a higher caliber. I remember something about my little pony once? It hardly had anything to do with Zelda or Zelda Dungeon. I also remember the worst article ever written the grammar was dirt poor and spelling was atrocious. Other than that I'm pretty content with what ZD has to offer.

Dan

I'm not exactly sure the site provides wonderful content already. The walkthroughs are written superbly imo.
The website is nicely layed out too.

Perhaps a walkthough for the games that don't have one yet but I'm guessing that's already in progress ?
I just hope the site doesn't go overboard in trying to improve itself and only making its self worse from doing so I hate it when that happens

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Overall, I think everything here at ZD is wonderful! But I understand there's always room for a little improvement.

I'd agree with donpedrox- work on refining the articles a bit more. I personally haven't noticed anything along the lines of spelling or grammar errors, but high quality writing is always better, especially if it's a theory piece/ fan art/ anything other than breaking news. Take a lesson from Nintendo- if you have to, trade timeliness for quality.

Also, and perhaps this is just me, but the articles that have something along the lines of "____ after the jump." really annoy me. It just seems desperate for page views, and uncreative if overused. High-quality lead writing and newsworthy content will make me curious enough to make the jump, along with consistently good material after the jump.

Finally, always do try your best to keep things that are on a regular schedule, on schedule. For example, it's always a slight disappointment when a whole week rolls without a Mailbag (no hate on Axle though- I know he does he's best! :) )

Again, I love ZD, but those are my humble, honest thoughts :)

Djinn

and Tonic
Also, and perhaps this is just me, but the articles that have something along the lines of "____ after the jump." really annoy me. It just seems desperate for page views, and uncreative if overused. High-quality lead writing and newsworthy content will make me curious enough to make the jump, along with consistently good material after the jump.

I have never been too crazy about the after the jump thing either but I had to be talked into it after a while. I did not post it at all at first because it seemed a little awkward. But apparently quite a few people on the main site would assume the teaser part was the complete article if there was no little message there saying that there was some more if you click on the title. Now things have become standardized and everyone follows the same template for a main site post. It does look a bit more organized when everyone does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom