• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will the ESRB Rating Be for Skyward Sword?

L

linklover101

It better not be T, i want it to be E10 but there's a good chance it will be T because twilight princess was and this has wii motion plus. What do you think?

Jedizora

:right:
I'm hoping for T, because I think it will give them more creative llicence, if you know what i mean. As in, more realistic scences and enemys.

I'm thinking Skyward Sword will have a T rating. Going back to the ratings of the last two Zelda games, Phantom Hourglass had an E rating whereas Spirit Tracks was rated E10+; both of the games pretty much had the same amount of violence. I can't think of anything in Spirit Tracks that may have made the rating higher than Phantom Hourglass.

Skyward Sword, though cel-shaded, does use the Twilight Princess graphical style, which Twilight Princess was a T-rated game. However, one thing is certain, and that is Skyward Sword will most definitely not be rated E.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Well, it's definitely not going to be anything above a T rating, or below E10+. I think we can all agree on that. Do that kinda narrows it down a bit. =P. However, as Pocket Asian said, Spirit Tracks was E10+, and while Skyward doesn't seem quite as dark as TP due to its graphic style, it is still much more mature of a style than Spirit Tracks. So a T rating is most likely.

defiantly gonna be e-10,The graphic style they chose doesn't seem to reflect a T rating. (Ex: Majoras mask, dark plot, but graphic style to young for T rating) And I'm glad, after all Zelda IS family oriented! :)

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well I believe that it can be both. It can be T because of violence in the game, and other such things like blood(which we almost never see in TP....) or language(Zelda games are not known for that though). Seeong Skyward Sword's trailer, I mostly believe that it is going to be rated E+10, because it is not really animated with dark colors like TP, and the monsters seemed less frightening as well(meaning they were less realistic).

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, Twilight Princess, the lastest console game, ended up getting a T for "Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence." However, the only blood I can recall is when you kill a Deku Baba, but it was green and almost like chlorophyll. Spirit Tracks, the latest portable game, although sported a cartoon style and wasn't as violent as Wind Waker (well, some cinematics might've been), but was given an E10+ for "Mild Fantasy Violence", but ESRB elaborated on it that as you can read here:

ESRB said:
The wolves whimper in pain when struck by a sword; the chickens squawk/cluck and lose their feathers; most other creatures stagger back, blink, then disappear in a puff of smoke. In one scene, two characters join hands to stab a jewel placed on an evil creature's forehead.

So, based on what we've seen, I could possibly see either an E10+ or a minor Teen rating for Skyward Sword. If they do the same thing with Deku Babas or make the enemies wimper and such when hit (pretty much, expressions of suffering), we could definitely see a Teen rating out of this one.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
For the PEGI rating (european rating) I think they will put 12+ on it. The Pegi has become more strict with the ratings (for example AoL on GBA had a 3+ rating, while the VC version has a 7+ rating) and even though the style is a bit cartoonish, you still kill fantasy animals. Both TP and OoT (on vc) have a 12+ rating and SS shares the OoT style a bit. I don't really mind the rating though, I fit in every age category :P (which basically means I'm old >_>)

Ghosi

Schmetterling
For the PEGI rating (european rating) I think they will put 12+ on it. The Pegi has become more strict with the ratings (for example AoL on GBA had a 3+ rating, while the VC version has a 7+ rating) and even though the style is a bit cartoonish, you still kill fantasy animals. Both TP and OoT (on vc) have a 12+ rating and SS shares the OoT style a bit. I don't really mind the rating though, I fit in every age category :P (which basically means I'm old >_>)

I have to agree that the PEGI rating will definitely be 12+ though. I have a lot of experience with the European rating, hence the reason I am European. I do believe the rating is important though. Take this scene for example. I went to Gamestop to look for video games, when I heard a little boy fighting with his grandpa. He wanted a game, but the grandfather would not let him have it because it was rated T..... I think it was SSBB. So this can affect Skyward Sword too. If you have strict parents then they will not let you get a game that is above your age level.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, for obvious reasons (points to the left) it won't matter to me that much what rating the game will get, but let's join the speculation: Here in Germany, we still have the older USK rating (while most other European countries have switched to PEGI) and it's generally a bit less strict. Here are the ratings of some games compared (PEGI / USK / ESR:cool: according to Wikipedia:

aLttP: (7 / 6 / E)
LA: (3 / 0 / E)
OoT: (7[12 for VC] / 6 / E)
MM: (7[12 for VC] / 6 / E)
OoX: (3 / 0 / E)
WW: (7 / 6 / E)
MC: (3 / 0 / E)
TP: (12 / 12 / T)
PH: (7 / 6 / E)
ST: (7 / 6 / E10)

Because of the more cartoonish style, I guess the rating will be similar to OoT/WW/MM. When I look at the ratings of newer games/VC re-releases, I see that the PEGI and ESRB ratings have become a little more strict, so my guess is that it'll be (12 / 6 / E10).

linkman8

True and Noble
I'm going to bet that they will probably give it an E10+ rating. I realize that Twilight Princess was teen, but I couldn't help but think that it was teen because of the darker style and the amount of what was almost blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom