• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Nintendo Do for 25 Years of Zelda.

what do you think Nintendo will do for 25 years of zelda i was going to buy a red wii then this thought came into my head they zelda turns 25 VERY soon. :)

I don't think they'll do something, but if they do they'll probably release a green Wii, a green DSi XL with symbols next to the camera. A CD with soundtrack from all the Zelda games, development drawings, etc.

On a side note, I hope Nintendo gives away something to people that pre-order SS like Link's hat (I would LOVE this) or something else.

Darknut

time to panic
I was thinking this too :D I love Mario and all, but if he gets a special 25th anniversary item then so should LoZ! I don't really care if they release classic Zelda games on one disc like they did with Mario, since I have all of them. I guess I really don't care what they do, as long as it gives Link some special attention. But if I had to choose something I would want Master Quest for Ocarina of Time to be sold again :)

M

Mujura

I agree. The only game I need is OOT:MQ, so I would love it being sold again.

i think they should release all the zelda games oot,lttp,zelda 2, MM,LOZ,on say a 2 disc limited edition set.
with say cards with drawings of characters from each game on them.

Ganondork

goo
Who knows? Maybe do the big celebration in NY? Mass produce zelda figurines, soundtracks, that stuff. I'd go to NY just for that, I'll be the one in a Ganondorf outfit with dorky glasses on!!!!!! :DDDD

Djinn

and Tonic
While a re-release of the classic games would be nice. We have had that in the past. I had everything short of Link to the Past on my Gamecube back in the day and I still owned that on Gameboy Advance. I think Nintendo needs to do something special. A graphic update of the original LoZ or LttP would be great but that would require making a new game that everyone has already played. I am not too sure how well that would work for the newer fans of the series. Then again we do have a Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Mega Man 9.

I am a huge fan of things like special edition hardcover Art Books, making of compilations, etc. Things that include creators notes, interviews with programmers, deleted scenes and of course character/dungeon designs, profiles, everything. A large 25th anniversary edition hardcover included with a game compilation and maybe a little metal triforce while we are at it.

I would also settle for a gold foil covered Wii (just like the original gold NES cartridges)

You all are forgetting that the 3DS gets released in Japan in February. With it comes the remake of OoT. I'm not sure if it will be a launch game, but this is a pretty substantial thing, and could be seen as the 25 Years of Zelda thing.

I hope they don't make a wii, since im thinking of getting the Mario one, and my mom says i can only get one :D maybe a green 3ds

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I'm going to confess it: While the Zelda series may be more preferred over the Mario series, far more people have heard of and understand the Mario series. Remember now, the Mario series ended the Video Game Crash of 1983 with the NES and Super Mario Bros. being a pack-in with the console. The Zelda series truly did revolutionize the series, and it might've been concidered "cool" and "far out" back then. (Heh...80s lingo)

However, today, for some people, it seems not the case. Many casual and younger players don't understand the Zelda series much. If you think this was all off topic, it was not, for I was getting to my point through those points of interest. The point is that if Nintendo were to try to come up with a special edition console or something (which, by the way, would come out in 2012, when the 3DS is already released), it would most likely turn out to be a special edition 3DS or something on the 3DS.

What they've got for Mario (red Wii with not only Wii Sports, but also New Super Mario Bros. Wii packed in) could be replicated for the Zelda series (green 3DS with whatever stuff it comes with originally and maybe OoT3D or any Zelda that comes on the console). However, they'd want to do it with a console where they couldn't lose a lot of money, so for what we know, they could make it on the Wii and have Skyward Sword or whatever game comes after it as a pack-in or have the Virtual Console Zeldas packed in. Maybe we'll see a special edition cartridge much like what we saw for the release of Wind Waker or what we've got now for Super Mario Bros. and it's 25th.

So, would Nintendo pull off something for Zelda's 25th? Maybe, but if they were to do something, it most likely wouldn't end up being as big as what they're doing for Mario.

T

The Hero of Pie

I think it'd be cool to package LoZ, AoL, ALttP, and LA in a Wii game, and include a Link hat for all buyers.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I don't think they'll do something, but if they do they'll probably release a green Wii, a green DSi XL with symbols next to the camera. A CD with soundtrack from all the Zelda games, development drawings, etc.

On a side note, I hope Nintendo gives away something to people that pre-order SS like Link's hat (I would LOVE this) or something else.

YES!!! I WANT LINK'S AWESOME HAT!!!!!!!! I too, want something like that for people who pre-order SS :D

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would hope that they do something in a similar way to how they handled the Mario anniversary, but part of me feels they won't be doing much at all.

My main hope would be that they re-release the GameCube compilation of the older Zelda titles, but the glitchy port of MM might sour the experience there. Green systems wold be nice, but this late in the game of the consoles' life wpan (being the Wii and DSi) I would think they wouldn't do another refresher. Although Black Friday sales figures point to them going strong, I feel a Zelda Wii or DS bundle would be aimed mainly at people who already own the systems and wouldn't want another one.

Mario's a lot wider known amongst non-gamers, so the red bundles currently out there are great for them. Even my friend's wife wants a red Wii just because it's shiny and red and Mario-esque. Link is known amongst gamers primarily. It has even been stated in the Iwata Asks columns that back in the 80's it was decided to just push Mario as the mascott and leave Link aside. It was reccomended to Nintendo by someone (who escapes me at this time) that competing mascotts would be a bad idea. So, they decided to franchise Mario over Link. I think, while there it more merch of Link these days, the general concept of Mario being the mascott is still happening today.

If they did a 3DS bundle, that would be fantastic, but Wii and DSi is probably not likely. Disappointing too, because around the release of Spirit Tracks, Nintendo themselves had been showing it on a green DSi to some media outlets (without focusing on the green system). I wonder what happened to it...

But really, my main hope if I would be allowed to dream would be to have Wind Waker available as a New Play Control title. If this were the only 25th Zelda Anniversary 'event', I would be happy. It seems like a HUGE missed opportunity to bring those gorgeous graphics to the widescreen presentation. Give baton controls to the Wii remote (a natural) and otherwise give the game TP controls. Seems like they dropped the ball on not doing this during the first (and final) wave of NPC games.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I'm with petman. I don't see any sort of bundle being profitable for Nintendo. Sure, people would buy it, but not as many as the mario wii, and again like petman said, there isn't as big of a following for the older zeldas and a repackaging of older games just wouldn't be profitable.

I could see Nintendo doing a special 3DS. I would be interested in one those green machines :) It could come with Link's Awakening for the virtual console pre loaded and ya maybe a poster or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom