• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

OMg you guys, this is Zelda overload. I might have an epileptic fit after all of this. Please forgive me for not updating ASAP, I have a few priorities to take care of at the moment and I'll do my best to aggregate the info when I get to it. Wow, this is epic.

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO FIT THIS MUCH STUFF INTO A SINGLE GAME!!!!?????!!!!!

Yeah, it seems you got your work cut out for you! Wish I could help bro. :yes:

Summing Up the New Skyward Sword Info in Quick Bursts

I am referring to this video: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/09/nintendo-3ds-conference-skyward-sword-details/#comments

Slide down the dunes!
Water hose? Super Mario Sunshine, anyone?
This game is so different yet so familiar. (technological ship, enemies in mind)
Mine cart mayhem!
Climbing the pulley rope looks sick!
Temple emerging out of the sand?!
Flying whale boss?!
Tentacles sprouting out of ground..Dark, gloomy sky!
Ghirahim lurching for Zelda...
Epic bosses. Alright, this game will definitely top Ocarina of Time. The bosses remind me of Shadow of the Colossus.

YOU FIGHT A FRIGGEN FISH MONSTER WITH TENTACLE EYES ON THE BIRD. EPICCCCCCCCCCCCC.

Also, the sailcloth is used as a 'deku leaf' of sorts whenever an air current is present.
Confirmed items: DOUBLE CLAWSHOT (WOOO!), Net, and (what everyone thought was the magnetic gloves) a sand vacuum.

The 'color' temple is the sand temple which is the mine cart temple.
You fight something similar to the whale (which isn't a whale?) on land early on.
BEEDLE returns!!

All in all, bosses look EPIC. game looks EPICER. Can't wait for th

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Oh, and just to leave everyone in a good mood, Game Informer (the site) says that Miyamoto said that this game goes for about................ 50-100 hours!

I'm going to go stock up on some hours of sleep. I'll update soon.

Another lady has been spotted! from the new japanese trailer!
Thoughts?

bhahci.png

EDIT: IT'S A SHEIKAH!
5d074g.png

Last edited:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
We can confirm that the Sky Temple is no longer the first dungeon, it's the Forest Temple, then the Fire Temple.

EDIT: The sky temple is the Forest Temple

Last edited:
The Ultimate What We Know Thread. Regularly Updated.

This thread will be updated constantly.

ITEMS IN SKYWARD SWORD
  • Beetle: initially used as a short-range controllable projectile
  • Upgraded Beetle: found in Forest Temple. Cuts strings, Baba Serpents, and can carry bombs.
  • Whip: Stuns enemies, allows you to grab items in close proximity.
  • Bow: Shoots arrows Wii Sports Resort Style
  • Slingshot: shoots pellets for lesser damage. Easier for immediate combat vs. bow's slower shooting.
  • Bombs: Blows stuff up. Now able to the thrown or rolled.
  • Bugcatching Net: Used in sidequests/minigames to capture bugs (and faeries?)
  • Double Clawshot: Latches onto specific targets. Used throughout Sand Temple.
  • Water Blower (currently unnamed): Shoots water a la Mario Sunshine at enemies/the ground. Is capable of clearing away patches of sand.
  • Sailcloth: Used whenever you fall from your SkyBird into the land below. Also used to catch updrafts to propel you higher. Press B whenever falling to use it to aid your fall.

Temples / Locations
  • Forest Temple: First temple of the game. *assumption* reached by treking through previously shown E3 field.
  • Fire Temple: Located in Eldin Volcano, land of the Mogmas. Item: *assumption* bombs. Miniboss: Unknown. Boss: Scaldera (the firey insect boss shown previously)
  • Sand Temple: This temple comes later in the game, maybe closer to the end. Temple involves using the Double Hookshot, as well as riding mine cart rollercoasters. *Assumption* this is the temple with the switches that add color to the world. The symbol had the sheikah mark, fitting for the desert. Also, another switch was recently shown that not only added color, but removed all the sand in the room. This stone had one of the marks from the circle on the cover art. Item: *assuming* Water Blower Item. Miniboss: *Assuming* Stronger Stalfos. Boss: Unknown.

Guest Appearances
Shiekah:
5d074g.png

Beedle:
33jkf87.png

Last edited:
New Japanese Anniversary trailer with new SS footage, starting from 4:48, includes the "Sheikah".

[video=youtube;z_MQYAbJ_1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_MQYAbJ_1k[/video]

I'm going to freeze myself in now.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Holy crap, this is more information than I have totaling everything we knew previously. It's gonna be a long night for me.

Does anyone have any idea the screenshot and video restrictions I have, because this will not fit if it's just 10.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
We can confirm that the Skyward Sword's treasure hunting side effect sends you into FPS mode though I don't know the exact details for its use. The upgrade system is somewhat alike that of the Kingdom Hearts series; you collect all of these materials and then send in the item you wish to upgrade; after that you will get your new item [immediately?]. Mine carts appear to be on a huge ship, which may or may not be a dungeon in itself. The game world is apparently friggin huge, and it seems like the content as far as minigames and sidequests could rival Majora's Mask's if not way more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom