• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

D

Dragon Ninja

I just got the idea that the floating islands could become the islands in Wind Waker. Also the bird has similarities with the boat in WW. I know this sounds VERY obvious but possibly stupid. I haven't read much of the threads because I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I apologise in advance if this has been mentioned.

@ Ariel
You could also just try to fly to some of the other small islands floating around Skyloft, and maybe try to land on them. Also, try to get a nice view of Skyloft and fly right over it or under it or whatever, just to see the village up close.

I can confirm we will have the whip by the time we reach the multi-armed golden shrine statue boss. Said boss is an inanimate idol until Ghirahim awakens it, similar to Zant and stallord.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I can confirm we will have the whip by the time we reach the multi-armed golden shrine statue boss. Said boss is an inanimate idol until Ghirahim awakens it, similar to Zant and stallord.

Hmm, what's your reasoning. I'd like to confirm it if you had some sort of relevant rationale behind it.

Hmm, what's your reasoning. I'd like to confirm it if you had some sort of relevant rationale behind it.

Watch the GDC trailer. When Link is shown sidestepping away from the statue's attacks, the whip is shown to be mapped to the B Button. Also, it appears the target for Link may be the head, not the just chest as ZD says. My reasoning for this is the fact that the Z Target arrow appears on the tip of the head, which looks like it's encompassed in darkness. Also, ghirahim is shown standing on top of the immobile statue, snapping his fingers, and thus the statue comes to life.

Picture 1. Ghirahim on the lifeless statue:
2rxtn9d.png

Picture 2. Notice the statue's head and the darkness around it.
2h6fvcw.png

Picture 3. Look at the right; whip is mapped to B
1ideh4.png

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yes I see, the problem I think lies in how important the info is and how I would put it.

"The whip will be available to Link by the time he reaches the golden statue boss that we saw in the trailer that one time in a dungeon we don't know of."

Also, this I believe is GDC footage. I'm exclusively dealing with information post E3 2011. I'll hold onto this one in my little cache of facts (doesn't actually exist) and see if there's a more appropriate place to put it like when we get new info about the "levels" of Skyward Sword in this month's Game Informer. Nonetheless, thank you.

We can confirm that throughout Hyrule there will be save statues that will take the shape of birds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mFyl_EheM

Hmm, ok. I just got what this meant. Essentially, Skyloft will be accessible from below the clouds at any point Link encounters a bird statue. Essentially, a checkpoint in the underworld. I don't think they're necessary to save the game though, like in Majora's Mask. I'll update the OP.

Last edited:
The volcanic area of the game will be called Eldin Volcano. Also, reaching areas will be done by travelling through the sky, then parachuting into the area in the land below you wish to reach.

Source

(Also, credit to Dukusword for finding it and posting a thread about it.)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The parachute is called a sailcloth, Phi addresses Link as "Master" (and her voice is beautiful), and there is one of those little bird statue things where Link landed in Eldin Volcano, so it prolly functions as a way to call down his bird and return to the skies above.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
there is one of those little bird statue things where Link landed in Eldin Volcano, so it prolly functions as a way to call down his bird and return to the skies above.

According to Game Informer, or at least what I surmise from it, those bird statues serve as waypoints. If you have ever played Diablo 2 or Crackdown, you can set waypoints [well, moreso 'find' them] and you can then teleport to and from them. In Skyward Sword, I believe you will be able to set down those large beams of light as seen in the Eldin Volcano video so as to make exploration [or your own exploration log] easier.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
You can now pick up Bomb Flowers if your running low on bombs and store them in your Bag! Finally! :bomb:

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yay! Info! And I may remark that this new video looks absolutely AMAZING! Such vibrant colours. I dare say it's better than the Wind Waker.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
On another note, with ALL this new info pouring in so quickly, really need some time to process it all @_@

What I really tuned in on was that Fi now has a confirmed name spelling.

According to Game Informer, or at least what I surmise from it, those bird statues serve as waypoints. If you have ever played Diablo 2 or Crackdown, you can set waypoints [well, moreso 'find' them] and you can then teleport to and from them. In Skyward Sword, I believe you will be able to set down those large beams of light as seen in the Eldin Volcano video so as to make exploration [or your own exploration log] easier.
Game Informer says "statues are save points and portals to the world above the clouds", so they ARE the save points as well as points to summon your bird to return back up into the Sky.

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
OMg you guys, this is Zelda overload. I might have an epileptic fit after all of this. Please forgive me for not updating ASAP, I have a few priorities to take care of at the moment and I'll do my best to aggregate the info when I get to it. Wow, this is epic.

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO FIT THIS MUCH STUFF INTO A SINGLE GAME!!!!?????!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom