• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your First Video Game?

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I had a bunch of games for my first, most being for the original PS (which I still have.) Q-Bert, Breakout and Frogger were among them as well as the original Crash Bandi coot.

Q-Bert was...kinda creepy in some ways, mostly the opening cutscenes Becuase it reminded me of this scary dream I once had... But the game itself wasn't bad.

Frogger was, well, Frogger. not much else to say there.

Breakout was a 3D version of Pong to put it in simpler terms, but a lot more complex than just the game Pong. mst of the time, you were breaking blocks by yourself. Sometimes you chased away chickens or even ran away from a wolf which you hit with balls lying around. I think this one was the only game I played at the time that was made by an Eastern company, interestingly enough. I never started playing Nintendo games until Pokemon Sapphirel but even that was on the DS

Pokemon I remember it clearly... Pokemon blue my first ever video game...the original Metroid is the second one...

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I believe it was Mortal Kombat my uncle got me started on. We would just sit down and start playing Mortal Kombat. That games is very fun, it's probably what go me started on video games. Not sure which one it was, but from that moment on I was sold. Later on I would go to my friends house and we would play Dark Cloud, which is a fantastic game for those who don't know. I never finished it since my friend moved, but I recently found a copy. After that I had the good fortune of my step dad's friend giving me an N64 that came with Ocarina of Time. Those were probably the first few games I ever played. I also recall playing an old Star Wars game for the SNES with my uncle as well, although it a bit fuzzy.

Last edited:

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Huhh...I think it was Yoshi's Island for the GBA. yeah. that's right...then I got a DS, and Phantom Hourglass, and so began my journey with Zelda...huuhuhuh. that was a while ago o_0 jeez. time flies..

Super Mario Bros. for the NES was my first video game to play, though my first experience with it was years earlier when my sister and I would watch my mom dominate in it when we were, like really little.

Once, because we would always be devastated when she had to leave for work, my dad decided to record her gameplay on a video cassette. So, we sat there watching the screen for so long, until one of us realized that mom wasn't there playing and then we both started crying. x')

Good times... World 3 had to be the best world in that game. A lot of extra lives, too~ ;p

Crusnikbat

Professional Dork
My first video game was PaRappa the rapper for PlayStation. I was like 5, and my dad brought home a shiny, new PlayStation and gave me a controller. I had no sense of rhythm at that time, so I failed at it. But now I'm in band and stuff, so I think I'd be good at it now XD. And my second video game - one that I did NOT fail at - was Pokemon Blue. I didn't get into Zelda until I was 10.

In case you don't know what my first game is/don't remember it: PaRappa the Rapper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

C

Cellyra

Back in 1996/97 when I was just 4-5, when I came back from school, I saw my mom playing it. It was a Sega Genesis/Megadrive. At that time, you could afford one for very cheap (something like 300 francs, 50-60 dollars) and the game was Sonic The Hedgehog.
To me, the game was just like a wierd cartoon, the console looked like a VCR with strange tapes and the controller was a replacement remote for the TV. I stared at my mom playing for 5 minutes just asking myself when she will stop so that I could watch my favorite cartoon on TV, but instead she gave me the controller and asked me to play. I had no idea of the rules of the game, so I just pushed buttons. Then, she gave me instructions. I could hardly run to the left of the screen, and jump. But I couldn't go forward while jumping, and it took me like 20 minutes to understand how it worked. Then, I didn't want to stop, and we spent all the night playing. One of the best childhood memories.

I remember that we had 2 controllers, and the first one with the white start button was the player one's and the other one with the red button was for player 2. We kept the console for 7 years, and never swapped that order, for some reason I can't define.

At the time, Genesis/Megadrive was cheap (100 francs, 20 bucks) but we could only afford 1 game per month. We only had Sonic Compliation for like 2 months, but I never got tired of it. 15 years later, I still enjoy it.

My first game was Crash Bandicoot for the Playstation. I played it when I was 5 and I was terrible at it. I also remember Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus and Pokemon Gold two games I played at a very young age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom