• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What was the lowest point in your life, and your highest?

Ninja

Well well well
The lowest point in my life was probably when I was 18, after our house burning down and having to be the sole income for a period of time, I was desperate and applied at Walmart, but failed their personality test. I felt like a complete dumb****. Who fails a corporate giant personality test?

The highest point is probably right now. Have a great family and support system, long term relationship, and a challenging but very lucrative job, and no debt but the mortgage.

How about you guys, what would you consider the lows and highs of life at your current age, and what are you most looking forward to in the future?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think there has been a particular high point I can tell you of. Things have actually been rather decent all the way up until last year. But the low point of my life is definitely now. I hate my job, both the travelling to it and the place itself but there's nowhere else for me to go. I'm just waiting waiting waiting and I want it to end.

Ninja

Well well well
I don't think there has been a particular high point I can tell you of. Things have actually been rather decent all the way up until last year. But the low point of my life is definitely now. I hate my job, both the travelling to it and the place itself but there's nowhere else for me to go. I'm just waiting waiting waiting and I want it to end.

Forgive me if you already said so, but what are you doing for work at this moment? What are you wanting to do in the future?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Forgive me if you already said so, but what are you doing for work at this moment? What are you wanting to do in the future?

I'm a podiatrist. The only vacancy remotely near where I live was in this ****hole of a clinic where I work now. I cant afford to start my own practice at the moment or buy someone elses which is what I intend to do eventually but I'd appreciate being able to work somewhere else until that day comes.

Ninja

Well well well
I'm a podiatrist. The only vacancy remotely near where I live was in this ****hole of a clinic where I work now. I cant afford to start my own practice at the moment or buy someone elses which is what I intend to do eventually but I'd appreciate being able to work somewhere else until that day comes.

That sucks. At least you have a very good career ahead of you. You could look at your difficult time now as "paying your dues", and it'll pave the way to further success for you.

Is moving an option for you? If not at least you can build up some loyal clientele and take them with you wherever you decide to go in your local city. How long is it before you can actively start looking at buying/starting your own practice firm?

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That sucks. At least you have a very good career ahead of you. You could look at your difficult time now as "paying your dues", and it'll pave the way to further success for you.

Is moving an option for you? If not at least you can build up some loyal clientele and take them with you wherever you decide to go in your local city. How long is it before you can actively start looking at buying/starting your own practice firm?

Moving isn't an option. As for when I could in theory buy a practice it could possibly be late next year or perhaps the year after. Though that would require one to come up on the market. Starting from scratch would be more difficult and would require a property or shop to come up in a good location. Also at first it would generate little income. This would mean I would need more money behind me to keep me going whilst business took off.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
That's hard to say, my life hasn't really started yet, as I keep jumping from college to college. These next few years could end up either being the best or the worst of my life, so I'll just wait and see.

I feel like I've have a pretty good life overall, but it saw a significant rise in sophomore year of high school. I realized as an autistic kid that hanging out with a bunch of kids with all this pressure to be "cool" was not good for me; once I found some friends who provided a safer environment for me to express myself, my social skills skyrocketed, and I eventually got confident enough to start dating. Best decision I made, even if I feel guilty to this day about ditching my first group of friends. High School and Middle School was pretty rough until then.

College has been a blast all of the way through, but I still get this feeling that I won't know what the real world is like until I've really jumped into it head-first. It worries me endlessly; hopefully I'll be just fine.

Ninja

Well well well
Moving isn't an option. As for when I could in theory buy a practice it could possibly be late next year or perhaps the year after. Though that would require one to come up on the market. Starting from scratch would be more difficult and would require a property or shop to come up in a good location. Also at first it would generate little income. This would mean I would need more money behind me to keep me going whilst business took off.

Nice! At least you have a solid plan and it seems that it's only a few short years away, instead of a very long term idea. Best of luck to you, with Link by your side, those evil feet don't stand a chance!

Reactions: Dio

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
lowest point probably one of my mental breakdowns where ive nearly killed myself, actually pretty recent may have been my lowest point, or a point a couple years ago, hard to determine.

highest point idk. maybe when i was like 10

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
My highest point was my upperclassman years of high school. I had matured to a point where I was relatively even with the people around me, maybe a little more, had a lot of close friends, not a lot of worries, and just generally enjoyed my life.

My lowest was probably last April, when my now-ex dumped me. Apparently I hid it so well nobody figured out how bad I was, which probably just made it worse for me.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Lowest would be all 4 years of high school, my Mom was constantly in the hospital which effected my studies(and it showed).
Highest would be around now, with being able to do what I love without having to worry about my Mom ending up in the hospital again.
I hope that in the future I can do what I love for a living, Youtube doesn't pay me much.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Lowest would be all 4 years of high school, my Mom was constantly in the hospital which effected my studies(and it showed).
Highest would be around now, with being able to do what I love without having to worry about my Mom ending up in the hospital again.
I hope that in the future I can do what I love for a living, Youtube doesn't pay me much.
Me too, man, keep it up.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Summer, 2014:

My girlfriend and I decided to go to the beach. A rather popular beach in Ohio called Hunnington. Clean, hot sands beneath your feet and the water is not too green to swim in. Every day hundreds of people would go, it could be hard to find a place to sit, actually.

I was leaning over a railing that overlooked the beach when my girlfriend's friend slapped my ass really hard. Honestly kinda stung but they all seemed to be enjoying themselves, and my soon-to-be wife had a smile on her face. Turns out she was bragging about my ass to her friends, and told one of them to slap it. Anyway, we continued down to the beach. It was scorching that day with no cloud in sight, perfect to be in the waters.

While the sailboats gracefully sat on the surface, and the motorboats sped through the waters in the distance, I took my soulmate out to the waters to teach her how to swim. She wasn't really into it so I decided to hold it off for a later date.

We returned to the beach and had pleasant conversations about our interests, took pictures, and played with the sand. Eventually, she turns to me and asks,
"Wanna get some ice cream?"
"Sure," I respond.
"Cool, there's a ice cream shop at the top of the hill."

Hand in hand, we walk to the ice cream shop and get to the counter. They had it all there, but one flavor stuck out to me the most: Salted Caramel.

Anyway, we got our ice cream and I took a few licks out of my ice cream and realized: I didn't like it.

And that was the lowest point of my life.

The highest point was Episode 30 of Rurouni Kenshin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom