• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Shouldn't Have Been Brought Back

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but grinding in this context refers to what?

Well say you want all the train parts in ST or all the item upgrades in SS with 3 fully maxed 8-bag sets for slingshot, bombs, and arrows...to do this, you will need treasure. I highly doubt you obtained it all during your quest, so at this point, you will need to do what it takes to get all the treasure if you want full game completion. Whether this be blowing leaves in a village, running around the respawn points in Faron Woods, or playing a mini game over and over, grinding is, more or less, repeating the same task repetitious for some form of gain whether this be XP or (in our case) items.

Seriously, dude? Seriously? I'm talking about the Gratitude Crystal quests. My word...

Juicie, pardon my intrusion but as someone who really likes SS, I have to admit that I do recall most of the GC quests taking place in Skyloft. Only one I seem to recall not being in SL was getting that wheel back for Fun Fun Island.

Well say you want all the train parts in ST or all the item upgrades in SS with 3 fully maxed 8-bag sets for slingshot, bombs, and arrows...to do this, you will need treasure. I highly doubt you obtained it all during your quest, so at this point, you will need to do what it takes to get all the treasure if you want full game completion. Whether this be blowing leaves in a village, running around the respawn points in Faron Woods, or playing a mini game over and over, grinding is, more or less, repeating the same task repetitious for some form of gain whether this be XP or (in our case) items.

Ok, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Ok, ignoring the massive argument that's happening now, I think that Nintendo should never have gone back to four heart pieces to a container after TP, and kept in at five heart pieces.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I do hope to see this return at SOME point in the future, but I see no reason for Nintendo to have abused the transportation overworld so much lately. Like, okay, I can understand for the DS games, but was it really necessary in Skyward Sword? I guess it made a cute little trilogy (water, land, sky), but it just... it needs to go away for awhile. For a good long while. Just give us some boots and a map and let us roam the frickin' landscape filled with sights to see and things to do.

They shouldn't have brought back the transportation overworld. Give us our rights to our feet, gosh darnit!

Transportation overworld.
I agree with these, transportation overworlds are dumb.

Ok, ignoring the massive argument that's happening now, I think that Nintendo should never have gone back to four heart pieces to a container after TP, and kept in at five heart pieces.

I disagree, I didn't like the heart pieces in Twilight Princess because 5 is an odd number and it just annoys me.

How about the harp? It may not be brought back as it was first seen, but in SS it proved to be most disappointing. All you do is wave the wiimote back and forth. The Goddess Harp lacked any really playing and any really good songs; not to mention we now have to put up with fanfics surrounding it. Link should have played the Ocarina of Time in SS. It would have connected the games, made for better playing, and had much better music. The harp should have just been that thing Sheik played in that one game.

Technically speaking, the harp doesn't count, as it was not a gameplay element in Ocarina of Time. Skyward Sword was the first game to introduce it as such. In this situation, one might as say the Harp never existed prior to SS...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Juicie, pardon my intrusion but as someone who really likes SS, I have to admit that I do recall most of the GC quests taking place in Skyloft. Only one I seem to recall not being in SL was getting that wheel back for Fun Fun Island.

Skyward Sword Gratitude Crystal Locations

Checking all the quests out, there are actually more that take place outside of Skyloft. Most of them are initiated in Skyloft, but the majority of the quests take place elsewhere. Most of the individual GC's are in Skyloft, though.

I can't really think of anything aside from Transportation Overworlds

But there are something i hope don't come back that are from more recent games; Real time item wheel, adventure pouch, divided overworld, treasures(and their subscreens)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
We do get quality stuff. Upgrading just makes said stuff better.

But it's annoying having to go through everything ever just to get more flight time or durability.

Upgrading potions is fine, Skyward Sword.

Upgrading important items/equipment, however, is annoying. I want a shield that will do its job, not one that has to be repaired all the time. I don't care if it's less realistic, it's convenient.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Linearity. While I agree that TP is linear to a decent extent, I never felt daunted by its linearity. The fact that after you unlocked a certain area you were free to explore to your hearts content made me feel that I was still in control of my Zelda experience. I actually felt linearity worked in this game. And then... SS brought it's version of linearity to the scene and made me start hating linearity. Every bit of SS's overworld feels scripted because of how linear it is. I don't want a dungeon overworld, I get that in my dungeons. I want an overworld, overworld. One I am not forced to explore and pass 85% of the secrets you have to show me.

Generally people associate that linearity should not be combined with exploration, but TP didn't give me that feeling. However, after seeing how it was done in SS, I understood what people meant. Linearity should've been left in TP

DarkestLink

Linearity. While I agree that TP is linear to a decent extent, I never felt daunted by its linearity. The fact that after you unlocked a certain area you were free to explore to your hearts content made me feel that I was still in control of my Zelda experience. I actually felt linearity worked in this game. And then... SS brought it's version of linearity to the scene and made me start hating linearity. Every bit of SS's overworld feels scripted because of how linear it is. I don't want a dungeon overworld, I get that in my dungeons. I want an overworld, overworld. One I am not forced to explore and pass 85% of the secrets you have to show me.

Generally people associate that linearity should not be combined with exploration, but TP didn't give me that feeling. However, after seeing how it was done in SS, I understood what people meant. Linearity should've been left in TP

There's many different types of linearity. They aren't all one and the same. You have plot linearity (TP), overworld linearity (SS), sidequest linearity (MM), etc.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
There's many different types of linearity. They aren't all one and the same. You have plot linearity (TP), overworld linearity (SS), sidequest linearity (MM), etc.

I wouldn't exactly say MM had "sidequest linearity" but that's getting off topic. I was refering to overworld linearity. Whereas TP had a small version of it, SS went overboard with it.

DarkestLink

I wouldn't exactly say MM had "sidequest linearity" but that's getting off topic. I was refering to overworld linearity. Whereas TP had a small version of it, SS went overboard with it.

I can think of a few, but that's neither here nor there.

And yeah, TP had some overworld linearity, but it was mainly due to plot linearity. The fact that you could collect the bugs in nearly any order (without just skipping it) is one of the many ways it's less linear. Once the plot reached the 3rd dungeon, the world wasn't even linear. While it did have some connection hallways, SS had entire areas that were hallways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom