• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Shouldn't Have Been Brought Back

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
So we all know that Nintendo REALLY likes bringing back old mechanics, items, and the like. But is there anything that Nintendo reused that you think that they really shouldn't have, that was better left in the game it originated in?? Or something that they've used recently that you hope to never see again??

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I do hope to see this return at SOME point in the future, but I see no reason for Nintendo to have abused the transportation overworld so much lately. Like, okay, I can understand for the DS games, but was it really necessary in Skyward Sword? I guess it made a cute little trilogy (water, land, sky), but it just... it needs to go away for awhile. For a good long while. Just give us some boots and a map and let us roam the frickin' landscape filled with sights to see and things to do.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They shouldn't have brought back the transportation overworld. Give us our rights to our feet, gosh darnit!

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Hmm... We need more woorrlld!! Yeah, pretty much what they said.

And also, the side quests in SS weren't all that great in my opinion... Shoving everything into Skyloft was somewhat boring. Also, the sky area is WAY too empty. Why can't there be more places above the clouds? :/

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
And also, the side quests in SS weren't all that great in my opinion... Shoving everything into Skyloft was somewhat boring.

Most sidequests don't place in Skyloft and quite a few of them aren't initiated in Skyloft. A fair chunk of them were, and their initiation points could certainly could have been more spread out, but "shoving everything into Skyloft" is an inaccurate statement.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
How about the harp? It may not be brought back as it was first seen, but in SS it proved to be most disappointing. All you do is wave the wiimote back and forth. The Goddess Harp lacked any really playing and any really good songs; not to mention we now have to put up with fanfics surrounding it. Link should have played the Ocarina of Time in SS. It would have connected the games, made for better playing, and had much better music. The harp should have just been that thing Sheik played in that one game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Most sidequests don't place in Skyloft and quite a few of them aren't initiated in Skyloft. A fair chunk of them were, and their initiation points could certainly could have been more spread out, but "shoving everything into Skyloft" is an inaccurate statement.

It just feels that way because the heart pieces on the surface and chests on the islands don't feel as much like sidequests.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It just feels that way because the heart pieces on the surface and chests on the islands don't feel as much like sidequests.

Seriously, dude? Seriously? I'm talking about the Gratitude Crystal quests. My word...

1) Grinding is boring.

I've never had to grind for treasure in any of the Zelda games it's been in, so I can't take that point seriously.

2) The items the treasure unlocked would be much better off as sidequest unlockables.

Now you've just lost me. We can get them from minigames.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Seriously, dude? Seriously? I'm talking about the Gratitude Crystal quests. My word...
G Crystal quests...I do recall a significant amount of them starting and taking a lot of time within Skyloft. Maybe that's just me.

I'm with Darkest here. Having three hearts just as minigames or from a simple treasure chest find just isn't the same as going through a few gruelling sidequests. It isn't fulfilling. Yes, I enjoyed things like the archery contests, 'chu bowling alley, et cetera...but finding the right NPCs to talk to (OoT, MM, SS) and carrying passwords around (OoX) is very much more fun, IMO.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
G Crystal quests...I do recall a significant amount of them starting and taking a lot of time within Skyloft. Maybe that's just me.

There were a fair few, but there were just as many that took place elsewhere. I'm pretty sure it's about half and half.

I'm with Darkest here. Having three hearts just as minigames or from a simple treasure chest find just isn't the same as going through a few gruelling sidequests. It isn't fulfilling. Yes, I enjoyed things like the archery contests, 'chu bowling alley, et cetera...but finding the right NPCs to talk to (OoT, MM, SS) and carrying passwords around (OoX) is very much more fun, IMO.

I don't even see the point in them being part of sidequests. I've rarely had to grind for treasure pieces even without minigames, especially with the Treasure Medal in Skyward Sword. The treasures obtained from minigames is just a bonus if you ask me. I play them for the fun.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

Woah! WOAH! It's OK, dude! It's OK! We're gonna make it through this alright? I'm sorry I offended you so deeply.

*ahem*

Finding Kukiel: Skyloft

Orielle's injured Loftwing: 1/2 Skyloft

Peatrice and Peater: Skyloft

Mallara's Dusty House: Skyloft

Fledge's Confidence: Skyloft

Dodoh's Party Wheel: Not Skyloft

Cawlin's Love Letter: Skyloft

Finding the Rattle: Skyloft

Kina's Harvest: Not Skyloft

Crystal Ball: 1/2 Skyloft

Beedle's Beatle: Not Skyloft

Owlan's Plant: 1/2 Skyloft.

13 Gratitude Crystals: Skyloft

2 Gratitude Crystals: Not Skyloft

So out of 80 crystals....roughly 60 of them are Skyloft.

I've never had to grind for treasure in any of the Zelda games it's been in, so I can't take that point seriously.

Seeing as you have never 100% SS...and probably haven't 100% PH or ST either...I can't take this point seriously.

Not treasure...the stuff you buy with it. Upgrades, whether it be for your steed or for yourself. Having us grind mindlessly is just lazy development. Each upgrade should require a sidequest to it...or main quest section if it is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom