• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What OS Do You Use?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, since my response to this thread in April, my operating system situation has changed a bit.

As I said before, I did get a MacBook Pro (Early 2011, 15"), and it is currently running Mac OS X Lion (10.7.4), but since I have about 6 Windows games I need to take with me, instead of just using WINE or whatnot, I got the Windows 8 Consumer Preview (x64) on Boot Camp.

As for my desktop, I'm still using Windows 7 32-bit, but I can't really use it until I get a new PSU since the one I got decided to undervolt. :/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I use Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium as well. It works just fine on this laptop. I actually don't know of any non-Windows operating systems; I've been a Microsoft kid since Win95.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
On my family's current computers it's Windows XP Professional and Windows 7, on our phones it's iOS and. Android, on my laptop it's Windows 98, and on the computer my dad and I are going to build it's Ubuntu.

Last edited:

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Hey,

What operating system do you use on your computer?
I currently use Mac OSX Lion (10.7.2)

Leon

EDIT - Woo! 100th post after a full year on here lol

Same here, but you know what I don't like about Lion vs. Snow Leopard? My gameboy advance emulator no longer works. It has something to do with Lion. In fact, I can't download any game emulator now. booooo Apple!

Last edited:

Dan

On my family's current computers it's Windows XP Professional and Windows 7, on our phones it's iOS and. Android, on my laptop it's Windows 98, and on the computer my dad and I are going to build it's Ubuntu.

Wow can you browse the forums on your laptop ?

I'm thinking of upgrading my vista to 7 on my laptop :)

I use Windows 7 Ultimate, but I would really like to switch back to Ubuntu. Only problem with that is finding software for everything that I use. Even with Wine, there are some things I couldn't get to work, like my capture program. Luckily, I did find a program that might be able to do the capturing, so after some testing with my brother's computer, I might be able to make the switch back.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate, but I would really like to switch back to Ubuntu. Only problem with that is finding software for everything that I use. Even with Wine, there are some things I couldn't get to work, like my capture program. Luckily, I did find a program that might be able to do the capturing, so after some testing with my brother's computer, I might be able to make the switch back.

The most obvious solution would be to dual boot. But on a side note, I wouldn't really recommend Ubuntu. It's not a very good distro, in my opinion. Personally I'd recommend something more along the lines of Debian or Fedora, maybe even Slackware. Ubuntu is just really bloated and I don't like the way it handles a lot of things. If you like it, that's fine, but I would recommend trying some other distros.

The most obvious solution would be to dual boot. But on a side note, I wouldn't really recommend Ubuntu. It's not a very good distro, in my opinion. Personally I'd recommend something more along the lines of Debian or Fedora, maybe even Slackware. Ubuntu is just really bloated and I don't like the way it handles a lot of things. If you like it, that's fine, but I would recommend trying some other distros.
Well, there is that, but when I tried to dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu, no boot menu would show up, and Windows 7 would automatically come up. If that didn't happen, I wouldn't have this problem. I know it's possible, since my computer science teacher dual booted the two on one of my friend's laptop.

Ubuntu's really the only distro I know right now, so it'll definitely be the one I'll be putting on this laptop. I do plan on building my own computer some time soon, so I will fool around with the other distros on it when the time comes for it. I'll make sure Fedora is given a go, since I hear that it's a good one.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I have a Mac. I've used PCs for years but got sick of them. Although, I also have Windows 7 on a separate part of my hard drive, mainly to play games that don't work on OS X.

I typically use Windows Operating Systems. Vista and 2000 edition were Terrible, but the rest are pretty good. On occasion you will find me using Linux, but i have not idea which one (my friend gave it to me for my old piece of crap computer). Windows 7 and XP are my favorite operating systems but out of the two i prefer windows 7. I have yet to get my hands on Windows 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom