• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Nintendo Series Can You Not Get Into?

I've only ever invested a great deal of time and energy into The Legend of Zelda . I also like the Super Mario franchise, but I am not too keen on the side-scrolling games. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I suck at them. The only ones I'm good at are a couple of the spin-offs like Yoshi's Island and Wario World (or whatever it's called). I've dabbled in the Metroid series, having played the first two Prime games, but that's about it. Oh, and of course there's Super Smash Bros.. With that all being said, I guess you can say that the only franchises that I could never get into are the ones I didn't mention above. However, that's not to say I actually tried the games and didn't like them; it's just, I was never allowed the opportunity to play them.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well if you want to be pedantic it's not the shooting or 'adventuring' that matters, it's the first 2 letters; I just don't like first-person games with a controller, period. I can survive if I really love the game, but I didn't find any of the MP games very stand-out so coupled with control scheme they didn't hold my attention long.

Then I suggest getting the 3 Prime games for the Wii. Using the Wii controller is basically the same as using a mouse. Try it, trust me, you won't regret it.

As for series I can't get into, Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
definitely metroid
i played zero mission and prime 3,and while i did like them [for the most part],i wasn't as into them as i was w/ my first time playing f-zero or fire emblem

I can't get into Pokemon, or any RPG for that matter. I like immersive worlds and rich stories, but RPG gameplay feels so slow and monotonous I just can't stay interested for long. And Pokemon doesn't even have the immersive worlds or rich stories, so it's even harder for me to enjoy.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Luigi's Mansion. It's just not fun for me after a level or two. I tried to like it and enjoy it, but I just can't.

I've always had a hard time getting into the Donkey Kong games whether it be the classic NES games or the DKC sidescrolling platformers. It isn't an issue with the franchise itself so much as me being accustomed to classic Mario platforming. Anything that deviates from the Mario series in terms of platforming physics, enemies, and hidden areas just doesn't feel right to me. The most notable non-Nintendo example of this would be Sonic.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I've never really been able to get into the Pokemon series. I feel there's just too much repetitiveness in those games for me to find any fun in playing them. As I've mentioned in other threads, I really despise grinding in games and simply don't have the patience to train Pokemon to the necessary levels in order to advance in the game. I also don't like being forced into a turn based battle every other minute when travelling between areas.

Mario Kart is another franchise I loathe. I've never been a fan of racing games and this game is certainly not my exception to the rule. The only reason why I have MK Wii is because it came with my Wii. I only ever play that game if a friend who wants to play it comes round.

I also haven't been able to get into the Mario series post Super Mario 64. Though I have recently considered revisiting the franchise as most of the newer games look to be throwbacks to the original 2D platformers.

octorok74

TETTAC
Animal crossing. It's so boring. The most fun I have is fishing. Everything else is just a bore. I hate that stupid raccoon too. The father one not the kids. Just ugh. I've never played star fox though so for now I have no opinion.

キラ

Yo!
Starfox. It's fun, I guess. But, every Starfox game is basically the same, just on a new system. There are other games like it too, where as other Nintendo franchises are unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom