• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Made You Happy Today?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Just left the orthodontist this afternoon and turns out I'll finally get my braces off on April 18th!! Had them since...late 2021, man, it's been a bit, huh.

I can't wait, and hey it's right around my birthday too! Hah, I wonder if my teeth will feel weird without all the brackets there.
I had my braces pulled off in January. Oh Lawd, what a relief it is to get those suckers yoinked off. Will still you have to wear a retainer?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Almost everyone have to wear retainers after removing braces to avoid the teeth reverting back to its previous alignment.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm fully convinced whoever invented animation did so for the sole purpose of making people suffer. I've spent the last hour trying to make a little animation for my reels, nothing fancy it was easy to make. I just can't seem to get it to be more than 0.7 seconds long and it's pissing me off. I need at least a 12 second gif. I can get that if I save it as a gif, but I need it to have a transparent background. Therefore I need to save it as an animated png, which won't let me loop it and will only play it for frigging 0.7 seconds. And putting that into a video editor won't play them in sequence without a gap between each one. It's driving me crazy and is also SO FRUSTRATING.
I finally managed to fix the stupid gif and I am ECSTATIC. It's only two seconds long, but I've found I can duplicate it and since I decided not to use keyframes it doesn't create pauses and just plays like if it was on a loop. And I only need it for my reels, which are 15 seconds, so duplicating it a bunch of times in my video editor is no biggie. I am so happy all the hours I've spent on this weren't for nothing lol.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm heading back to the US later this month to spend four weeks there with my partner. We are still making plans for the trip and I'm really keen.

We are going to see the total solar eclipse while I'm stateside (which is great timing considering the next one in the USA won't be until 2044) and we will also visit some locations on both the east and west coasts so it should be a great trip.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Just left the orthodontist this afternoon and turns out I'll finally get my braces off on April 18th!! Had them since...late 2021, man, it's been a bit, huh.

I can't wait, and hey it's right around my birthday too! Hah, I wonder if my teeth will feel weird without all the brackets there.
Wild, but April 18th is my birthday, lol.

And I can tell you, it feels good to get them off.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I managed to get both of my parents, who hate anime, to watch a Studio Ghibli movie with me.
I showed my mom Howl's Moving Castle and even tho she apparently just "survived" it, I can tell she liked it. She was laughing along with the movie, and afterwards she flipped through the artbook and debated the symbolism and stuff with me. She also admitted to googling background details and stuff on the movie. She then helped me convince my dad to watch Spirited Away. He says he liked the movie and the art in it.
I like sharing my interests with people so that was fun, I'm really happy they both liked them.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I managed to get both of my parents, who hate anime, to watch a Studio Ghibli movie with me.
I showed my mom Howl's Moving Castle and even tho she apparently just "survived" it, I can tell she liked it. She was laughing along with the movie, and afterwards she flipped through the artbook and debated the symbolism and stuff with me. She also admitted to googling background details and stuff on the movie. She then helped me convince my dad to watch Spirited Away. He says he liked the movie and the art in it.
I like sharing my interests with people so that was fun, I'm really happy they both liked them.
Studio Ghibli is magic.

K3tBI.jpg

This beauty arrived today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom