• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Japanese Name?

octorok74

TETTAC
So I gave this a shot, figured I could use a spot of humor. With my real name I got: 黒川 Kurokawa (black river) 鷹志 Takashi (intending hawk). Not sure how I feel about that black river, but I like that intending hawk.

With my forum username though I got: 坂本 Sakamoto (book of the hill) 誠 Makoto (sincerity). I know this is all some guys doing and what not. But it's fun.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Is everyone remembering that this translator is in the traditional Japanese order? Family name then given name. So you should be entering your name in that order for it to be accurate.

Mine is:
Full name and last name: 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 京介 Kyousuke (mediate the capital)
Shortened Nickname and last name. 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 誠 Makoto (sincerity)

So when said in the order for someone, say, in America, that'd be Kyousuke Iino and Makoto Iino. I do like the meanings of both given names. Also the description of those names on Baby Names:

Kyousuke: respectful/deferential+help/support -- the reverent helper
Makoto: Sincere, Honest

Both fitting to me.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
坂本 Sakamoto (book of the hill) 明日香 Asuka (fragrance of the bright day)

Book if the hill...I'm not quite sure what that means :3

Salem

SICK
松尾 Matsuo (tail of a pine tree) 敦士 Atsushi (kind gentleman).

Well, I shouldn't have expected any different. :P

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
My username is 千羽 Chiba (thousand feathers) 美晴 Miharu (beautiful clear sky)

The only way I can attribute these to me is that I am a free spirit hence the feathers (flight = freedom somehow?). I dunno about the sky. I suppose the beautiful bit is just because my username is Beauts.

My real (full) name is 後藤 Gouto (behind wisteria) 愛海 Manami (beloved ocean)

I have no clue what this means.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
猿渡 Saruwatari (monkey on a crossing bridge) 久美子 Kumiko (eternal beautiful child)

I guess I can kinda see the connection. I consider myself a child in an adult's body, an eternal child, and I guess I could be beautiful. Monkey on a bridge...well I'm fun loving like a monkey, but idk about the bridge.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
My real name got this... 松尾 Matsuo (tail of a pine tree) 弓美 Yumi (beautiful bow, as in bow and arrow)

松尾 Matsuo (tail of a pine tree) 敦士 Atsushi (kind gentleman).

Well, I shouldn't have expected any different. :P

O_O LONG LOST SIBLINGS

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I put in my first and last name: 道重 Michishige (heavy journey) 弓美 Yumi (beautiful bow, as in bow and arrow)
My nickname: 道重 Michishige (heavy journey) 久美子 Kumiko (eternal beautiful child)
& my username: 吉国 Yoshikuni (good fortune country) 小春 Koharu (little spring time)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My real name actually does have a meaning in Japanese, it's just not a good one (it's actually short for a hentai genre...), so I could never actually introduce myself with my first name to a Japanese person, especially not since Japanese pronounciation is not too far from Norwegian pronounciation...

Thankfully the generator gave me something kinder :)

First name:
杉浦 Sugiura (cedar coast) 歩 Ayumu (walk, deeper meaning: walk your own way)

Middle name:
小川 Ogawa (small river) 美晴 Miharu (beautiful clear sky)

First and middle name:
杉浦 Sugiura (cedar coast) 美晴 Miharu (beautiful clear sky)

Misskitten:
山下 Y a m a s h i t a (under the mountain) 恵美 Emi (blessed with beauty)

I put in the spaces in that first one since it got sensored...

Fig

The Altruist
My name: 川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean).
My full name: 川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 雅紀 Masaki (elegant chronicle).
Username: Nakamura (center of the village) Ryou (refreshing).
Fig Newton: Nakamura (center of the village) Junichiro (pure first son).

I really like all of these names, especially since in a way I can somewhat explain to how they mean something to me. With my last nameKawazoe, I can understand where the riverside portion of my given Japanese name comes from. This mostly like refers to the placement of the Fig trees (as my last name does revolve and originate around the Fig trees/leaves) and thus might just mean the placement of the Fig trees. As for the meaning"big dipper in the ocean" that my name Kaito, I'm quite puzzled. I don't know how I could be a "big dipper", but maybe this might relate to my personality as I do devote my time to be there for my friends whenever they need assistance. For my full name, my last name is kept the same, but this time my first name Masakihas altered to have the meaning "elegant chronicle". I think this refers to my personality and how I despite how terrible my mood might be I will always make sure that no one, whether it is a friend of mine or someone I may not know, I will always respect them and will never purposely try to attack others.

So my last name Nakamura means "center of the village" which again probably means the placement of the Fig trees. My first name Ryou means refreshing and I can't help but laugh at how it makes sense. How I see it is that Figs are probably the most refreshing if they are planted in the center of town. What if that is actually true? That would be hilarious!! With the addition of my last name Newton, my first name changes from Ryou to Junichiro which means "pure first son". I want to say that this is probably the most accurate meaning of who I am. First off when it comes to the "pure first son" meaning, I am the first son from my mother's side. I also been told that I have an innocent or pure mindset as I tend to not understand a vast amount of knowledge that others around my age already happen to know. It could also mean that I have pure heart and care about others, which is a trait that has always been inside of me since the very beginning. I really like the meanings behind my Japanese names, mainly because they relate to something that makes me who I am to this day! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom