• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite NonZelda Game?

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I know we all play Zelda games. Were more hardcore than he average Zelda fan. But what's your favorite nonZelda game and why? Mines Borderlands. It feels like Zelda but with guns. It has a very high replay value, RPG elements and is very long. It took me 15-20 hours to complete it.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I can't really say I have a favorite. I tend to go for racing games most of the time, or an occasional shooter.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pokemon, kirby, super mario.
a lot of others though.....like nintendogs, bakugan, how to train your dragon, avatar....thats it!

S

spiderbrush

I have quite a few, actually.

Okami-great music, great characters, great story, great graphics, great gameplay... actually, it's probably my favorite game, ever.
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Symphonia
Eternal Sonata
Ape Escape 3-it's really easy and it doesn't have the greatest story, but I still really love this game and find it incredibly fun and addictive.
Pokemon White-my first Pokemon game, sad to say. But even though I haven't beaten it yet, I really like it. The gameplay is really fun and addicting, and I actually really like the music and the characters.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Sadly, I have yet to play two of the games that I think I will love. Those being Okami and Portal. Seeing as Portal 1's price is low, I am buying it in a couple of months...I have no money until June thanks to cosplay XD Okami, I will probably purchase at a later date. Obviously Mario is right up at the top, and combining all video game characters, Super Smash Bros is also a favourite. But Pokemon is second after Zelda for obvious reasons.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Super Smash Bros. Melee, my favorite game until I VC'd Ocarina of Time and all that changed... But yeah, I like SSB, and I think I'm pretty good at it too, compared to the average player, not people who go to tournaments (I can't wavedash.....)

One of my favorites is the Metal Gear series.

All of the games I have played from this series have never disappointed me. :D

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My favorite non-Zelda game would have to be Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It is such a fantastic game, and heck, it is even better than most Zelda games (to me). I hope they never stop with this amazing series.

Last edited:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I am limited in my game library, but it's slowly growing. My current favorite non-Zelda game would probably be Tales of Symphonia. It is well balanced for what I like from my visual media - it has some dark moments and doesn't shy away from the fact that there will be losses during a battle/war, but it's lighthearted in many places and doesn't lose its heart or ideals. It's also got a slightly oddball sense of humor that meshes well with mine. I love the characters and their backstories, as well as all the twists and turns the plot took and its ultimate resolution. And in terms of gameplay, it's the first JRPG I played and I was floored with the amount of things available to do. I don't know how it compares to other JRPGs since I haven't currently played them, but it was a great introduction to the genre for me.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Super Mario 64. It set the bar for all 3D platform games and created countless memories for a young 00steven.

My single favorite game of all time is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Some of the most fun and creative gameplay and level design of all the sidescrolling platformers I've played. Sidescrolling platformers are basically my favorite game genre, but ironically, Mario is not one of my favorite series even though my favorite game is in it. :bleh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom