• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite NonZelda Game?

K

Kiekoes

The World Ends With You on the DS is definitely my favorite.

Its Super metroid.
A truly wonderful game and for me the best in the series.

It has everything great music,great story.
The first truly great Metroid game.

Crono trigger, dragon quest 9, castlevania aria of shadow, all pokemon games, spectrobes (the ds ones, in particular the first) and super mario 64, street fighter 2, cave story are some of my favorites, but I could probely think up more if I felt like it

and minecraft. never forget minecraft. AHH IT'S A CREEPER!!!!!!!! (unless you have played minecraft that will make no sence to you)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Alan Wake-This psychological thriller is one of the best games I've played in a while. The game is inspired by Stephen King as stated in the beginning of the game and is is somewhat scary. The story is very deep and one of the best I've had the pleasure of playing through in a long time. It's just so clever and crafted together so well. It is written by Sam Lake after all. The environment is so creepy and the atmosphere is dark. You can also find yourself in some pretty scary and tough situations at times. The game has slow parts that get the story going in the day time so you can get ready for the horror ahead in the night time. The game is separated into 6 episodes and each one starts and ends like a TV show. The pace of the game is like a book. The game is about a writer so it makes sense, the manuscripts that you collect throughout the game are also very good reads or um listens... The game also references many things in the real world such as Rambo, Energizer Batteries, and so on so you get a sense of realism. The music at the end of each episode is very fitting and enjoyable too.

Halo Reach-If you are fan of Halo then you know that this is a sad tale. This game is a prequel to the first Halo game and tells a great but sad story of a brave hero. Noble Six. You take control of Noble Six and witness your squad die off one by one in a war that threatens the beautiful planet that is Reach. The environment is so colorful and looks very amazing that it just angers you to see it get destroyed. The gameplay is as solid as usual and also has a new innovation which is that of the armor abilities. As always this is war taken to the next level. Just like the war Halo Reach takes Easter Eggs to the next level. The biggest one wold have to be seeing Master Chief in one of the ending cutscenes in cryosleep as seen in Halo Combat Evolved. The ending is also very nostalgic to the first game and is just very cool to see. It takes a fan of the series to really appreciate this game. When you reach the end of the game believe me, you will feel something more for these characters.

Honorable Mentions...

Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 4
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic and Knuckles
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Luigi's Mansion
Grand Theft Auto IV
Gears of War
Dead Space 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Batman Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem
Halo Combat Evolved
Max Payne
Metroid Prime
Metroid Fusion
Super Street Fighter IV
Streets of Rage 2
Dead Rising
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Streets of Rage 2

I wish I can go into detail with all of these games but it's just too much.

Last edited:
H

Hein3k3n

well... this is gonna take a while:
Half-Life 2, Portal, all Call of Duty games. LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2, Braid, Machinarium, most of Need for Speed games, Final Fantasy IX, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, DBZ: The Legacy of Goku II, Spyro: Season of Flame & Ice, Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Country, Earthbound, Goof Troop, Killer Instinct, Secret of Mana, Super Bomberman series, Super Castlevania, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, All Mario games, Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Breaks Loose, Megaman Legends 2, Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mortal Kombat 4, Donkey Kong 64.

There be my list. Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom