• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Saddest Movie Moment You Can Think Of?

I don't know how many people on here have ever seen Grave of the Fireflies, but it is quite possibly the single most depressing movie of all time. It is the only movie I have ever seen in my life that has ever made me cry (and I have seen a lot of movies). The saddest moment in this movie filled with sadness comes at the end of the movie, and that moment would be the saddest movie moment that I can think of. I won't ruin the movie for anyone who endeavors to see it, but I will advise those people to brace themselves.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
"Grave of the Fireflies" - it's devastatingly sad
&
"Boys Don't Cry" - so sad, and based on a true story

I also bawl like crazy during the first third of "If these walls could talk 2" because while it's fiction, you can bet your *** something like this happened to many people before being gay started being viewed as okay by society.

Only three movies have ever brought me to tears.

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King made me tear up a bit at the end, mainly the stuff with the hobbits. I also cried during one scene in Toy Story 3:

The one where Andy played with his toys one last time.

I heard the movie was supposed to make people cry and I didn't see anything that would while I was watching the movie, and I was like "meh, I'm not going to cry" and OH MY GOD I CRIED.

The last one is Bridge to Terabithia, and I mention it last because I cried the most. I thought it was an entertaining movie, though not particularly amazing, but given the story's nature I was completely unprepared for...

One of the protagonists to die!

I cried for the rest of the movie. Perpetually.

Got "convinced" (i got TOLD) to watch ps i love you with the gf, cried at that lol not like full on crying but tears were formed :P not sure if it cause its sad or just that bad :P (well it was ok)

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
The most saddest movie moment was *btw it's a jap drama btw* one litre of tears...

OMG! the most saddest thing in my life!!!!!!

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Titanic, the Tigger Movie, Toy STory 3 (IF YOU DIDN'T CRY YOU HAVE NO HEART OKAY) The Hunger Games, the Avengers, (mostly tears of joy) and Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2, good lord. I bawled the entire movie.
Cried during the entire LORT trilogy too.

and don't even get me started on TV shows... Doctor Who, every season finale to exist and some random episodes that just kicked me in the heart,
Sherlock, during the episode The Reichanbach Fall, Supernatural, during every season finale and any episode where my favorite characters were killed off (SO LIKE EVERY SINGLE ONE D:)
i just cry at everything

octorok74

TETTAC
Well, the saddest moment for me is actually two moments from two movies. The movies are Red vs Blue Season 8 & 9 and before anyone says that they aren't movies, they are. They are all feature length and after Season five each season can hold it's own.

So, both of the moments deal with the "main" character and what he says. In season eight he is trapped in a AI unit and is trying to find the one he loves and he says this, "I’d like to say that I found her right away, that I just walked into the Epsilon unit and there she was, waiting for me. As you can probably guess it didn’t happen that way, but I know she’s in here somewhere, and I’ll find her. We always seem to find each other, for better or for worse. I don’t know why the Director did what he did. I don’t know if he was trying to revive a memory from his past or if he was just trying to get it out of his head. But I figured out something that the Director didn’t. It took Alpha, Delta and all the rest to help piece it together for me, but, what I’ve learned is that a great love is a lot like a good memory. When it’s there, and you know it’s there, but it’s just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. And you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you’re patient, and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it’ll come to you. I just need to make sure I’m somewhere that she can find me. I think this place is a little different than it was before. See out there, everything is based on the Alpha. But in here, well, I guess I'm the Alpha. And maybe this time through, things will be a little different for me as well. I guess I'll find out."

I cry every time I hear that, oh and this "main" character is an AI himself. In season nine he ends up finding who he is looking for, but the AI unit is "failing". So he is talking to her and he mentions how all he ever had to say to her were three simple words. She tells him that if the words are 'I love you' then he might as well stop because she doesn't like good byes. And Church is like 'No, what I had to say was I forget you.' After nine seasons of building up a character, the one who loves her wipes her from his memory. Saddest moment ever.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Any sad moment in a kid's or family movie. They're intended to have young children watching them. Having watched them as a child makes them far more sad than movies intended for more mature audiences.
I don't know which ones were the saddest, but I know a few sad ones in kids and family movies:
  • When Bambi's mom died in Bambi.
  • Death of Mufasa in Lion King.
  • The ending of Bridge to Terabithia
  • The ending of Toy Story 3.
All of them are quite sad.

For more mature movies, the first one that comes to mind is the end of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Also the end of Matrix: Revolutions. Also the end of Pearl Harbor. And Wallace's wife being murdered in Braveheart. Not everyone will agree with this, but I found the ending of Return of the Sith to be quite sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom