• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Saddest Movie Moment You Can Think Of?

For me, I can't help but shed a few tears when I see this:

[video=youtube;Na-HmFTjX60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na-HmFTjX60[/video]

What's the saddest movie moment you can think of?

I've been watching a lot of the Studio Ghibli movies again, so the first thing that comes to mind right now is basically the entirety of Grave of the Fireflies. There is a certain moment that always gets me, but I don't want to spoil the film for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I only cry at one movie, the end of Lord of the Rings, Return of the King. First I cry with happiness then with sadness, I can't handle it, every time I just start crying my eyes out. Well, I also cried at the end of Assassins Creed Embers, which is a short 30 minute film.

I just think of everything Frodo went through with his friends and now he's leaving them. Also how Elrond has to leave his daughter, and that the time of the elves is over.

Of course I cried with Ezio died, we've literally played his entire life and it hurts to watch him go ;-;

For me, I can't help but shed a few tears when I see this:

[video=youtube;Na-HmFTjX60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na-HmFTjX60[/video]

What's the saddest movie moment you can think of?

This was EXACTLY what I was thinking of when I saw the thread title.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It would have to be "Titanic" for me. Usually I'm not one to shed tears, but in this movie at the very end, I couldn't help myself.

Spoiler:

It's that part when Rose dies in her sleep and you finally see her reunite with Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching a lot of the Studio Ghibli movies again, so the first thing that comes to mind right now is basically the entirety of Grave of the Fireflies. There is a certain moment that always gets me, but I don't want to spoil the film for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I effing love you... Is that odd? [noparse]:P[/noparse]

Anyway, couldn't agree more. That part at the end where the little girl hallucinated from starvation, and she started to consume the marbles, because they reminded her of a memento from her mother, all the while her brother, her only caretaker, was out scrapping for food amid a war-torn Japan....

It was really sad to see that his efforts were in vain, and she had died. Her brother held a small funeral for her and her body was incinerated in the end. It was especially sad when I found out that it was based on a true story. It really made me look at the world and war in a different, darker light. Not only that, but it actually made me [ME] cry... In fact, I burst into tears.

[video=youtube;6mdYPBIuhJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdYPBIuhJY[/video]

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I was soooo sad at the end of I am Legend, that I cried too. I coouldn't believe that Dr. Robert Nevel just died like that. I felt so sorry for him, that I just had to shed a tear.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Not sure what I think would be the saddest but here are movie that I cried while watching.

Lord Of the Rings I - I cried when Gandolf died.

Equilibrium - When the girl got burned.

Forrest Gump - When Gump is at Jenny's grave.

Phantom Of The Opera (2004) - The last song with the Phantom.

The Crow series - Cried while watching the flashback sequences in all four movies.

Watchmen - Rorchack's exit and his final speech.

Happy tears:

Scrooged - I cried during Murray's speech and when the little boy finally talked

Lord Of The Rings III - During most of the ending.

Masters Of The Universe - When the girl goes back in time to save her parents.

Shaun Of The Dead - The end with his best friend.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
When Rue died in Hunger Games, it continues to bring me tears :/
Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest thing EVER.
Rewatching Spirited Away after 2 years is yet another sad thing, but it's happy-sad.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When both Boromir and Gandalf died in LOTR FOTR
When Theoden died in ROTK
When Frodo left forever in ROTK
When Ofelia died in Pan's Labyrinth. My goodness the whole movie was so dark and sad and so good

Not a movie but in a tv show. When the Tenth Doctor Regenerated in The End of Time. That whole part made me sad

The Joker

Not a movie but in a tv show. When the Tenth Doctor Regenerated in The End of Time. That whole part made me sad

Same here, the part that got the tears coming down hard was when he said "But I don't wanna go..."

I also cry every time I watch the Vincent and The Doctor episode. The part when the museum guy is talking about him and the part well Amy hears about him commiting suicide.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'd say....hmmm....list please!

Donnie Darko - When Donnie's girlfriend gets run over and he can't do anything about it. Then later on the whole ending sequence complete with Mad World by Gary Jules. It was really good.

The Bridge to Terabithia - I cried when I finished the book. So freaking sad. And the movie is just as sad.

Forrest Gumb - I was sad when Jenny finally accepted him but then died. So damn sad.

Honestly I've cried more from books than movies.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Same here, the part that got the tears coming down hard was when he said "But I don't wanna go..."

I also cry every time I watch the Vincent and The Doctor episode. The part when the museum guy is talking about him and the part well Amy hears about him commiting suicide.
I feel sad already when he consumes all the radiation and then he goes to visit all the people in his life. He stands there and says nothing. Then he sees Rose in the year she will meet his former incarnation and when she left he feels his time has come and he falsl down and struggles himself into his Tardis and then his life ends. I think this scene grabs me the most ever. And he died all alone without anybody by his side. He deserved so much better

And yes Vincent and The Doctor was very sad too :( Amy so hoped they would have changed him but nothing worked anymore

The Joker

...when he consumes all the radiation...

That's when my heart first sank because I knew exactly what was coming next. Plus that speech he gave before doing it was very emotional.

I also loved how he did one last favor for each of his friends before leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom