• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the oldest Zelda you can bring yourself to play?

The original Zelda's controls are in no way clunky or difficult

Actually, that is exactly why the original LoZ is my least favorite Zelda game. The controls are just terrible for todays standards. The oldest Zelda game I can play is ALttP. That game has difficult controls, but they are much easier than the original's. Plus, that game has awesome world design and dungeons that I love it anyway. I haven't played Zelda 2 much, but from what I've played its not the controls that suck, its the difficulty. For me, I can persevere through a game with good, comfortable controls, and that is exactly why I dislike the original LoZ. I respect what it did for the franchise, but I won't be going back to it anytime soon.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
OoT. I'll made revisit the others maybe....once every decade, but honestly they're just too boring to regularly play.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have played a few dungeons of LoZ, but I wasn't really keen on the game and have no plans to pick it back up. It's just too dull for me. AoL is a huge NOPE for me, which is a shame because I usually enjoy sidescrollers.

So I have to say aLttP/LA. I'm willing to pick those back up and play again, even though I much prefer ALBW to aLttP and usually long to play that one whenever I play ALttP.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I'll play any of them if I feel that I have the time. LoZ was my first one, and I was playing that a little bit ago but had to put it on hold due to studying for an important test. But as for the old games I'd regularly play, AlttP/MM are the ones that I'd reach for first.

I'm almost done with my second playthrough of Zelda II (I got distracted by Fatal Frame, and now Monster Hunter 3U), and I've beaten LOZ about 3-4 times now. ALttP is still fun to play, and Link's Awakening DX remains one of my all time favorites in the series. My induction to the Zelda series was Ocarina of Time.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I actually find the older Zelda games easier to play, because they're shorter and require far less time from a busy person.

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
I've done "speed run/no death" playthroughs of each of the games, so I don't mind playing any of them (Zelda II was "no game over"). It's kind of a trick question, though. The original is a game I will gladly go back to at any time, though I'd really like to see a "Zero Mission"-styled remake with updated controls. Zelda II, however, I only play if I'm planning to play the rest of the series at large. I don't play it for enjoyment, because I can't. It's not a bad game, mind you. I just don't have fun playing it like I do with the rest of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom