• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is The Hero's Shade?

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I feel like an idiot for asking this but it's been in the forums recently. What is the Hero's Shade, the dark side of link or something?

A

AlphaBenson

Many believe that he is Ocarina of Time Link, who became a Stalfo while looking for Navi in the Lost Woods after MM.

I could see that happening, but the theory doesn't explain why he has armor :huh:

EDIT: I just looked at the wiki, and according to Hyrule Historia, the Hero's Shade is the ghost of OoT Link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Oh, you mean the wolf-skeleton dude from TP, I thought it was something else... didn't know that was his name.
- I thought he could have been a Hylian Knight...

S

ShadowZone1996

He was confirmed to be the Link from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

I feel like an idiot for asking this but it's been in the forums recently. What is the Hero's Shade, the dark side of link or something?
Yes. There are hundreds if not thousands of threads on the topic of the Hero's Shade's identity. (this is an exaggeration, of course, but there's tons.[noparse]:P[/noparse])

EDIT: I just looked at the wiki, and according to Hyrule Historia, the Hero's Shade is the ghost of OoT Link.

He was confirmed to be the Link from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

Yes, this has indeed been confirmed. :yes:

Skunk

Floof
Well, I've never heard that it was confirmed. I thought Hero Shade was a reanimated version of OoT's Adult Link's skeleton, who was put in armorial, and made to help a different hero in the future. But that's only what I thought... :fairy:

Wait, when was this confirmed? I thought it was just a very likely theory... =/

See Hyrule Historia. Sorry, bro, I can't provide a link at the moment, but there's likely info on ZD's homepage. If that bears no fruit, a Google search should lead you in the right direction. :yes:

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Before
normal_ocarina-of-time-link.gif

After
Spirit1.jpg

Oooooo...Looks like somebody got lost in the Lost Woods. :)

See Hyrule Historia. Sorry, bro, I can't provide a link at the moment, but there's likely info on ZD's homepage. If that bears no fruit, a Google search should lead you in the right direction. :yes:

Really? Well that's...kind of tragic...:cry:

...I didn't do it!!! :sweat:

Last edited:
Oooooo...Looks like somebody got lost in the Lost Woods.

Er, no. Why does everyone just assume this? I don't get it. :hmm: He likely died a simple death. Whatever the case, he's not a Stalfos.

Anyway:

When Link first set foot in the Twilight, the crest of the Triforce of Courage shined on the back of his hand; when he returned to human-form he wore clothes the hero wore. Link is taught mysteries from the ghost of the hero of time. Since he returned to his childhood, he’d felt regret that he would leave his name as hero. Therefore, the “son” of Link speaks proof of the courage he inherited mysteriously. -Hyrule Historia

"Link is taught secrets by the ghost of the Hero of Time, who is his ancestor. After he was returned to the time of his childhood, he felt regret at leaving behind his role as the Hero."
"(リンクは、先祖である時の勇者の亡霊から奥 義を教わる。彼は子ども時代に戻って以降、勇者として名残せかったことを無念に感じていた)" (Hyrule Historia (Shogakukan), pg. 118)

"Hero of Time's Descendant (時の勇者の子孫)" (Hyrule Historia (Shogakukan), pg. 118)

"Hero of Time's Spirit (時の勇者の亡霊)" (Hyrule Historia (Shogakukan), pg. 118)

The Hero's Shade is the ghost of the Hero of Time, NOT A STALFOS. Why do people assume he's a Stalfos? I don't know if there's anything mentioned in Hyrule Historia which contradicts this, but I am pretty sure the Hero's Shade takes the form of the golden wolf outside of the ghostly ether. His appearance to me is likely a "special case" as far a ghosts go, seeing as he's the Hero of Time and all - with the mark of the Triforce and all that.

I guess I should provide a source now, huh? Well here's the best I could find at the moment:

{source}

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

I also feel it worthy of mention that, in this case this wasn't done, you should play Twilight Princess to find out exactly what his purpose is and what he looks like. But judging by your signature you probably have. And so, in that event he is a teacher of something to help TP Link with his quest. ;)

I have to admit I didn't really want the Hero's Shade to be OOT Link. I felt it would have worked if he were an actual ancestor of Link's, maybe his dad.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Er, no. Why does everyone just assume this? I don't get it. :hmm: He likely died a simple death. Whatever the case, he's not a Stalfos.

Anyway:

The Hero's Shade is the ghost of the Hero of Time, NOT A STALFOS. Why do people assume he's a Stalfos? I don't know if there's anything mentioned in Hyrule Historia which contradicts this, but I am pretty sure the Hero's Shade takes the form of the golden wolf outside of the ghostly ether. His appearance to me is likely a "special case" as far a ghosts go, seeing as he's the Hero of Time and all - with the mark of the Triforce and all that.

I guess I should provide a source now, huh? Well here's the best I could find at the moment:

{source}

Sorry if that ticked you off, man. It's just that living skeletons in the Zelda series are considered Stalfos, and so I just figured...Whatever. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom