• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Dark Link returns

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
i would love to see dark link as a real character in the story. like he shows up several times following link during his quest. maybe he could help link during his quest, but he also has his own agenda.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
It would be awesome if dark link was in a new zelda game. They should should make him look eviler and stronger though, mostly stronger. He looksweak in the other games. He has no muscles.

I have returned!!!

:eek:

Nah, but seriously it would be kool to see him again. Preferably with a more important role than a sub-boss for a temple. I mean, how exactly do you go from the main boss of a major series title, to a sub-boss of mid-game temple?

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
Im writing a fan fic where Gannondorf has a REAPER rip out Links soul and seal it in a sword. as payment the REAPER get's to inhabit Link's body to do it's bidding:D Thus DARK LINK rises again. this time more powerful and stronger than the first DARKLINK fight

owenshev

Nayru hates me :(
I'd love Dark Link to be back, but as a boss again. There's a new Shadow Temple :eek: and for the boss there's a tombstone in the middle of the room. There's a tree next to it and it's on a small island surrounded by shallow water. (Familiar?:confused:) Link walks to the door on the other side of the room. It dissolves and heads towards the grave. Link takes no notice and decides to head through the door behind the one that just dissolved. Then, the camera turns so that we're looking at Link's face. An arm falls onto his shoulder. There's no body to it. Just an arm. Link turns around to see the island, tree and grave, are gone. He is suddenly on a platform with rusty chains holding it up. Then there, just standing there, is Dark Link, reforming an arm out of the shadows. He walks up to Link slowly. Link draws his sword. Then Dark Link whispers in Link's ear...

"I'm back..."

Phantom Swordsman from Beyond
DARK LINK

:clap:

I'd love Dark Link to be back, but as a boss again. There's a new Shadow Temple :eek: and for the boss there's a tombstone in the middle of the room. There's a tree next to it and it's on a small island surrounded by shallow water. (Familiar?:confused:) Link walks to the door on the other side of the room. It dissolves and heads towards the grave. Link takes no notice and decides to head through the door behind the one that just dissolved. Then, the camera turns so that we're looking at Link's face. An arm falls onto his shoulder. There's no body to it. Just an arm. Link turns around to see the island, tree and grave, are gone. He is suddenly on a platform with rusty chains holding it up. Then there, just standing there, is Dark Link, reforming an arm out of the shadows. He walks up to Link slowly. Link draws his sword. Then Dark Link whispers in Link's ear...

"I'm back..."

Phantom Swordsman from Beyond
DARK LINK

:clap:

Hey, that sounds like it'd be pretty awesome. Great idea. Although, even a doppleganger of Link talking would be sacrilegious to the series :D.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Forget Dark Link, he'll keep coming back anyways.

What about a Light Ganon?

Oh, you didn't see that one now, did ya? ;)

Seriously though, I think a light world/dark world with everyone having a corrisponding doppleganger would make for an interesting plot and crazy gameplay, but I don't think Dark Link merits much more than a miniboss or boss, especially if Link has the mute disease. The Dark Link character can't develop plotwise unless it can talk, and if Link can't talk, why would Dark Link?

owenshev

Nayru hates me :(
Forget Dark Link, he'll keep coming back anyways.

What about a Light Ganon?

Oh, you didn't see that one now, did ya? ;)

Seriously though, I think a light world/dark world with everyone having a corrisponding doppleganger would make for an interesting plot and crazy gameplay, but I don't think Dark Link merits much more than a miniboss or boss, especially if Link has the mute disease. The Dark Link character can't develop plotwise unless it can talk, and if Link can't talk, why would Dark Link?

:clap: I didn't see it coming :clap:

S

shadowscrub

if shadow link returns....
i'd break out my n64 and kick his butt again :cool:

A

Aerostella

That would be awesome. Dark Link at the end of AoL was pretty hard, imo.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
Dark Link? Well, here's my idea.

In a future LoZ game, Dark Link should make an appearance twice.

Fight 1: A starter Sword Fight like the final battle against Ganondorf, but not as long. And Dark Link dies more easily.

Fight 2: Dark Link fights you in Hyrule Field. This isn't like any other fight, you and Dark Link both have access to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in your pockets. Dark Link's attacks would include...

Bow: Dark Link would attack you in two scenarios. When you throw a bomb at him, he will blow it up with an arrow. If you run away, he will shoot at you to slow you down and catch up to you faster than you think.

Sword: Same as the starter fight.

Epona: If you hop on Epona, Dark Link won't let himself get smashed. He'll hop on his own horse and you'll have to knock him off.

Boomerang: Used as a mid-range weapon.

B+C: Close ranged weapon. He will fling it straight at you and knock you a LONG way away.

Clawshot: If you try to range him, Dark Link will pull you to him with the Clawshot.

Shield: Dark Link will deflect most standard sword strikes, arrows, and your boomerang.

All I got off the top of my head. He would have your same health and magic, also to top it off.

F

Failure

I really like your light/dark world idea because it makes me think back to the awesomeness that was ALttP, but then I started to realise that this concept (although not exactly like your's) has been used twice already. Unfortunately the idea was present in TP and was probably in the long list of recycled game ideas- made by disappointed fans who thought the game didn't have its own identity.

Perhaps Ninty will be able to bring it back in a really far into the future Zelda game. In such a way that fans won't be quick to shout "ZOMG ALttP and TP!" but it will still result in a great plot and gameplay.

I would like to see Dark Link return but in a more menacing rather than mischievous manner. He is afterall the opposite to Link's light; he should be out killing people rather than saving them and generally making the good guys lives more difficult.

I have to agree that I can't see Dark Link's role in the game extend further than puppet to the main villian, but I do think he should be more important than a mini boss. That is like saying Link's own powers aren't up to much if you think about it.

Chris

It has been awhile...
I would love to see a 3-D dark link! He would battle like Ganondorf (Final battle of TP). You could collide swords with him and he would shoot arrows at you. You would slash the arrows with your sword and dodge the ice and fire arrows.

He would have Bomblings that he could use freely, and there would be a cage at the top for double clawshoting. The battle field would be a grid with lines through it cutting it into tenths. You would have to clawshot to get to the next platform.

That would be an awsome Dark Link fight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom