• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What I Don't Like About TP

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
UNO | DOS | TRES

Google Twilight Realm Grayscale, and you're sure to find a bunch more.

Ohh Yeah!! wow i remember seeing these pictures way back. thanks Zeruda!
it's a shame how much they changed the game before releasing it, I mean somewhere out there are concept files that were never used in the game example the TR.

I do somewhat agree with you, Raven. The Shadow Insect quests were, in my opinion, one of the game's weakest portions.

But I think the biggest issue with it was how three massive Shadow Insect "hunts" were thrown in early in the game. In fact, I'd say the goal of finding and killing the Shadow Insects dominates roughly the first half of the game.

I think it would have been better if they toned down these areas of the game, but included more of them. It just seemed weird to me that the early parts of the game seemed to focus on this, and then after the third dungeon you never do it again.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Yeah, I agree. It was quite annoying finding all the bugs. And I know my friend who owns the game shares the same pain. It was really bothersome. I was turned off whenever I found a spirit, because it was too boring searching for the bugs.

It seems the Shadow Insect quest was rushed into the game, like Axle the Beast said. This also turned me off. It would've been better if they were more spread out. The only good thing about finding the Shadow Insects was burning the house down in Kakariko Village, that was hilarious.

I hope a quest like this doesn't return, unless it is more spread out and interesting than it was in Twilight Princess. I also would've like to seen more interesting locations, too. Like maybe one of those bird creatures near Hyrule Castle had a Shadow Insect attached to it, and you had to attack it at the right time. That would be pretty interesting. Some of the insects were just wasted when they were put in random and boring places.

Swiftblade said:
Last edited by Swiftblade; Today at 12:20 PM.. Reason: I'm going to kill you Mases. TURN THAT DAMN YOUTUBE MOD OFF!
:lol:

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
I have to agree with the Shadow insects, in the beginning it was fun to do but when i see it the second time it was like; ''Oh again?'' The only insect i liked was the last one. The Big Shadow Insect was a better challenge against the small things. Like said above why aren't they spread all over Hyrule in every province, was a bit harder to do. I have to say TP was one of the easiest Zelda game, the story was only really long. I spend a 30+ hours gaming on it.

The pieces of Hearth are also easy to find. On a normal Zelda game like OOT and MM, even WW or MC it was a hard quests to find all the pieces of hearths, in TP they had so much easy places.
The poe quests was nice, they where spread over the world. I remember i didn't ever find the last one, then i see it on the top of a mountain on the way to Snowpeak.

I hope they have harder challenges in the new Zelda. Better have a specifi quests only one time, not 3 times like in TP. The only difficult Temple was the Snowpeak for me, and City in The Sky was a maze, but most parts are just easy.

Steve

5/19/13
Same here. I prefer everything that they showed us in the beta stages over what we got. I firmly believe that if they had kept the game the way it was in the first and second trailers, that it would have been a much MUCH better game. The game that I fell in love with was the game in those trailers; not the one that's sitting in my GameCube.

youtube.c om/watch?v=OOW7BpvW9Rk
youtube.c om/watch?v=x4rsSmF2GM0

I absolutely agree Twilight Princess was a game full of broken promises, and it's why I hope they either stick to what they're doing with Zelda Wii, or just not show us their beta ideas. This has happened before, after seeing alot of Ocarina of Time's beta, especially Castle Town, it makes me feel it was missing something now. Anyway as for Twilight Princess, it was an average game and nothing really special for me, but as most people have said, I was no fan of the Shadow Insects myself.

Same here. I prefer everything that they showed us in the beta stages over what we got. I firmly believe that if they had kept the game the way it was in the first and second trailers, that it would have been a much MUCH better game. The game that I fell in love with was the game in those trailers; not the one that's sitting in my GameCube.

youtube.c om/watch?v=OOW7BpvW9Rk
youtube.c om/watch?v=x4rsSmF2GM0

Yes, I agree, Those trailers look a lot better in most places than the Twilight Princess I have....infact everything was better other than what I think was an early version of a Shadow Beast which I didn't like.

I think that if this game was produced pretty much like that the game would be much more popular.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
just remembered, the first light spirit awards u with the heroes tunic after the first twilight is lifted... now if all of them gave u something that sweet i wouldn't be so upset.

Let's see...

The lame sidequests...
The lack of character emotions(yes they tried, but failed imo)...
Easy bosses (some epic battles, but far too easy still)...
Zant...
The music (none of really felt familiar at all, at least not until the very end <.<)...
Wolf Link.

HaruHaru

The one with pickles
The Only thing I didn't enjoy about TP would probably be the Arbiters Grounds. I spent SOO much time there (I was a n00b) because I thought it was confusing.:hmm: I specifically remember the Part where you have to get the Spinner as being the most confusing to me. I don't know why.:thinking:

Z

ZeldaGirl1

The only things i didn't like about TP was:

* That i passed it in under 3 days
* Finding skulltullas are much harder than finding poes
* ITS TOO EASY
* Bosses look epic, but battle, epic fail.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
The bugs seemed annoying at first, but then I got used to them but I hate it how you can't leave it for later, you have to do it now. And also I hate how you have to do it 3 times. I think that is too much.

T

The_Crow_

It may not have been the most challenging game in the series but for me it was the most enjoyable, it was a new twist to a familiar setting.

More of a nitpick than a complaint but I think I hardly died at all in game especially in comparision to ALttP (enemies could attack you diagonally but your movement was stuck to up,down,left ,right)!

Dungeons were quiet fun I found, in particular the temple of time.

Bugs didnt have me jumping with excitement or anything but I felt it was tolerable.

It would have been nice to see something different from each Spirit, along with a different boss from each quest as well. Then it would have been more enjoyable.

P

PwaPwa

What I hate about TP is those re-deads. They are epic and strong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom