• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Happened to the Kokiri Sword?

Nintendo probably didn't a need to edit those things....

Epona looked good enough as it was...No need to edit her in anyway other than to make her a young horse.

Link's Tunic has hardly ever changed, It was always green, They usually just changed the design of his belt and few minor things on the Tunic itself which isn't really noticable.

The Ocarina of Time never changed because there was no need to and this would have confused many fans.

The shield changed because it was a metal one that was small enough for Link to wield normally, Not just on his back. They probably wanted a design change so they made a Metal one instead of a Wooden one.

They probably just thought "Ya know, Lets give the Kokiri Sword a make over while we are designing his shield"....

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Yes, I agree. They only wanted to give Link a new sword, so I think that the Kokiri sword is lost forever.:(

But I think they should give the new sword a little more story. I mean, who knows where he got that sword? The same for the shield. Sometimes they just forget to add a story to the weapons.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
Yes, I agree. They only wanted to give Link a new sword, so I think that the Kokiri sword is lost forever.:(

But I think they should give the new sword a little more story. I mean, who knows where he got that sword? The same for the shield. Sometimes they just forget to add a story to the weapons.

a little problem with what you say...it is in fact called the kokiri sword but it changed looks thats what this thread is about...:D

Last edited:
it isn't really confusing....if the Ocarina of Time (only magical Ocarina in OoT) changed it would have been confusing, People notice stuff like the Ocarina, Everything you use it you get a close up, You don't with the sword. Infact, The only thing that changed was the hilt, The actual Blade stayed the same length, width and shape.

Nintendo probably just wanted a design change.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Im not entierly sure, how it was changed, but I'm sure that they made it longer because it was agrivatingly short in OoT, and since it woulod be the main sword throughout the game unless you get it upgraded, it would neeed to be longer.

I found them both to be exactly the same in both games, The only difference was when you get it fully upgraded it is quite a bit longer.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
here are some pics to show the difference:
File:Kokiri_Sword_MM.png
File:Kokiri_Sword.png

http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Kokiri_Sword_MM.png
http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Kokiri_Sword.png

Zarom

The King
They made Link a little different in MM, they changed the colors of his tunic, it is a darker brown in MM than OOT. They add some elements on is tunic. They changed Link's face, etc. The creators did not wanted Link to be like young Link in OOT, they made him a little different. They wanted us to play with a different Link. Not the same one. So they changed the sword too. Otherwise, it would have been too much like OOT and they wanted something DIFFERENT. :)

Last edited:

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
why would they want a different link when its the SAME link! this is the exact same link as OoT so wherever you came up with that i have no idea!

Y

Yakuza

Well the kokiri sword was upgraded to the razor sword then upgraded to the gilded sword.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
what does that have to do with anything? have you read any of the posts above? because this is about why the kokiri sword looks different in the beginning.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
More than likely, it's just a way to make things look a little different. The graphics were a tiny bit better in MM than in OoT, and changing the sword probably allowed for them to show off more intricate details. Of course they're not going to make major changed to more noticeable items, that's just throw gamers off. After all, it is supposed to be a direct sequel.

More than likely, it was just a chance to put the Expansion Pack to good use, using better textures and all. 4MB was just enough to make some good visual changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom