• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Happened to the Kokiri Sword?

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
I really don't know if there is a thread on this already but oh well.

My question is what happened to the kokiri sword in MM. I mean it's the same sword as the one in OoT so what happened to how it looks. Anyone want to explain?

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
maybe but the thing that confuses me is that he went to find navi and got lost in the lost woods which gave him no time for upgrading it. but you are right there are a lot of mysteries that you may never find out

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Chances are that it was just a design choice. There have been multiple items with the same name throughout the series but look completely different from game to game. The shields are a good example. Many of them have the tag that say "This is supposedly the same shield that the original hero (hero of time) use." yet they all look completely different. It's just to freshen up the games. I don't see any significance.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
yes but that "same shield that the original hero used" was a "legend" per say in the games where as this is the same and the same sword so the style shouldnt be different

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
Zemen has a solid point and it works even for a game that is a direct sequal to another...

in this case, the Kokiri Sword doesn't have to look exactly the same as it did in OoT its just the design the developers went with... which i think still holds true to the original design...

i don't see a significance either

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
again as i said they maybe direct sequels but this one has the same exact link with the same exact sword in the lost woods how could the design change.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
again as i said they maybe direct sequels but this one has the same exact link with the same exact sword in the lost woods how could the design change.

You obviously haven't noticed that his shield is a completely different design either, have you? It's just a design choice. After 9 or 8 years of the game being released with no explanation given as to why the sword is a different design, I think it's safe to assume that it's not something we're supposed to be having asthma attacks over.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
You obviously haven't noticed that his shield is a completely different design either, have you? It's just a design choice. After 9 or 8 years of the game being released with no explanation given as to why the sword is a different design, I think it's safe to assume that it's not something we're supposed to be having asthma attacks over.

i have noticed the shield to but forgot to put it in the thread but you may be right with it being a design choice.

The thing is that his Shield Completely changed, He could never wield a Metal shield, He could only wear the Hylian Shield on his back.

Also, I agree with someone else, I believe they just changed the design to be fresh.

The thing is that his Shield Completely changed, He could never wield a Metal shield, He could only wear the Hylian Shield on his back.

Interesting point. Maybe that was a specially-designed shield given to him by Zelda or something.

As for the sword, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it called the Hero's Sword? I don't think it's the Kokiri Sword. Besides, in OoT, when you get the Kokiri Sword, the text box says you're only borrowing it, so maybe Link returned it when the events of OoT were over.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
Interesting point. Maybe that was a specially-designed shield given to him by Zelda or something.

As for the sword, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it called the Hero's Sword? I don't think it's the Kokiri Sword. Besides, in OoT, when you get the Kokiri Sword, the text box says you're only borrowing it, so maybe Link returned it when the events of OoT were over.

i am going to correct you with the "hero's sword" it's the hero's shield and kokiri sword.

Yeah it is the Kokiri Sword. And I recall someone saying Nintendo used the beta design for the handle from OoT in MM.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
For the sheild: It looks different cuz it is different. It's the Hero's Shield, a new shield, stronger that the deku shield but lighter that the hylian shield. Link is probably older, and stronger too.

But the sword...its the exact same sword he used in OoT, so why change the design? As far as i can recall, link brought 4 things (other than his shield) with him to termina: his horse, his occarina, his tunic, and his sword. His horse, occarina and tunic all look the same, so why did the sword change? very weird...

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
For the sheild: It looks different cuz it is different. It's the Hero's Shield, a new shield, stronger that the deku shield but lighter that the hylian shield. Link is probably older, and stronger too.

But the sword...its the exact same sword he used in OoT, so why change the design? As far as i can recall, link brought 4 things (other than his shield) with him to termina: his horse, his occarina, his tunic, and his sword. His horse, occarina and tunic all look the same, so why did the sword change? very weird...

i think that you have a point on the shield and everythiung else so it is a little confusing still... i guess its just something we'll never knowo_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom