• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Games Should be on the Nintendo Switch?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Pikmin 4
Animal Crossing
Metroid
An actually good Mario Party game
Bayonetta 3
A smash game
Some decent 3rd party titles.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I'm hoping that the new Monster Hunter comes to Switch. As much as I love MonHun on 3DS, I'm getting kind of tired of the small screen and low quality graphics. I think the Switch would make for a good place to bring the series back to console since it worked so well on Wii U (which I was sadly never able to get because I didn't own a Wii U until much later). I would imagine that it would play a lot like the Wii U version of 3U, only this time retaining the option of portability that you get from 3DS. Plus those dang nice grafix.

I will put all of the game release date rumours in here as I think it's the better place for it.

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor...the-galaxy-the-silver-case-heading-to-switch/

qkHpB2S.jpg

Tibari

Rinkuji
Tibari is looking at the game release date rumours
upload_2016-11-22_0-55-51.png

Just a little sad for BOTW, however with a summer release I will have plenty of time to play it so it's OK :p

Another Switch release rumour.

15203258_1345999302079270_576621491275009430_n.jpg

15241864_1345999295412604_7197659756603065358_n.jpg

I am asking my friend who found this what the source is so I can share what the source is with you all. Breath of the Wild is still up in the air as Gamestop believes it's coming before April. So conflicting rumours there.

What out of this this interests me assuming the rumour is true?

At Launch:
  • The Ink Pack. I don't care for Splatoon but this is a cheap way to get the pro controller.
  • Mario Dry Freeze. Terrible title for it. At least DK Tropical Freeze as a title made sense. But I'll still get it.
  • The Mario RPG if it's any good. If it's just another Color Splash then I just might not.
  • Skyrim, maybe I'll get this. Quite possibly aftyer launch though sometime.

Games released post Launch I'm interested in.
  • Breath Of The Wild - Obviously
  • Mario Kart maybe but it's closer to the bottom of the pile for me. I might get it one day. I never owned the game for WiiU. Not many people owned a WiiU and not MK8.
  • Super Mario Maker - Totally. I just hope they add in a lot more course making options like slopes and other things.
  • Smash Bros 4 - Only if the game is improved. The WiiU game's single player was 100% garbage. If it's fixed up then maybe but closer to the bottom fo the pile for me.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy - Maybe. I want to learn a lot more about this first before I decide.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - Totally pre-ordering this. I played about 70 hours on the WiiU game before my save was lost to an external hard drive failure. A remake is the perfect opportunity for me to get into this amazing game again hopefully improved too.
  • Pokemon Stars - Maybe. I'm not the biggest pokemon fan. I think I'll get it years later when it goes on sale. If I ever do.
  • Hyrule Warriors - Make damn grinding levels actually fun and put in all of the 3DS content as well and I'll pre-order this. The WiiU game was a good concept that was let down by quite a few dumb development decisions. Fix those and Nintendo will get many sales of this.
  • Skyward Sword - I'll probably pre-order this. Nintendo's 3D Zelda remakes on the whole are a pretty poor effort. Not remade well at all. But I have the 2 WiiU ones so might as well get the Switch one. Skyward Sword is not a bad game though. At least now the waggle stuck stuff will be improved and actually work and not be broken like on the Wii.
  • Animal Crossing - If I have a lul in games I want to play maybe. I do like Animal Crossing but if I ahve too much else to play that goes to the bottom of my want to buy and play list.
  • Metroid Prime - Absolute classis and one of the best shooting games ever made anywhere. A remake of this or a 4th game either way will be totally bought.

I doubt that last list is real, but I'll be perfectly happy if it is.

As for games I want? Luigi's Mansion 3 and Wario Land 6 without a doubt. Those would be awesome to see.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
That can't be the launch list. That's absolutely horrible. I mean, I guess it's not beyond the realm of possibility, but if that's what the console launches with, forget it.

Mido

Version 1
Smasn Bros Melee, Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion are the first 3 rumoured GC VC games comnig to the switch.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ch-will-have-gamecube-virtual-console-support

As far as a starting lineup for Gamecube VC games, that seems pretty decent. Starting strong with Mario at center stage sounds customary for Nintendo; but what really interested me in that article was the potential talks of porting Gamecube Animal Crossing to the Virtual Console. Not quite sure what to make of that move! I mean, it's the only AC game I've ever played, and still play, so I suppose it is nice to see it get some exposure if its featuring on the Virtual Console happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom