• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Games Should be on the Nintendo Switch?

Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild are all very bright and cartoony (to an extent). Only Twilight Princess was not overly bright or cartoonish. So if you want another non cartoony Zelda game after Twilight Princess, you'll be waiting a long time as it seems that cartoony is here to stay with the Zelda series.
No, no, don't worry, this is what I USED to think, again, I was just a stupid teenager. And what I meant was something more in the lines of "Ocarina of Time," aesthetically, than Wind Waker, in the sense that it felt more like a not extremely cartoon. I don't know if I make myself clear, but the whole point is that Skyward Sword stroke the aesthetic note I had been wanting since Ocarina of Time and that neither MM, WW or TP fulfilled for me back in the day. Today, I just play any of those games and don't really feel that lack, mostly because I see past the prejudices I had as a kid. Not to mention, the games are quite unique and have such a nice aesthetic that you can literally finish one and go back to the other without getting burnt out.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
We need a proper Metroid game and we need it now. We needed it this year, to be honest, but if they're going to release it next year instead, that's fine too. But it needs to come.

I would love a proper console Monster Hunter game with proper controls and epic monsters. I just couldn't get into Generations with the small screen and the sub-par control scheme.

All the 3rd party yearly/seasonal staples from EA, Ubisoft (I vomit even writing this name), Activision, etc.. Those games have to be on the Switch. They have to be on the Switch, with full features.

The rehashes and HD remakes can come later. But we need a steady stream of real games first. I don't want Splatoon Switch or MK8 Switch or Smash Bros Switch. I want a real sequel to Splatoon and MK9 and Smash 5.

Finally we need the big hitters. We need Destiny 2, Witcher IV, Final Fantasy, Fallout, etc..

If the Joy-Con can be used as a Wii Remote and Nunchuk, hopefully a Skyward Sword remake is in the works! I love that game, but it looks so grainy on my display...

- Hyrule Warriors
- New Paper Mario game (like TTYD!)
- New Smash (eventually, and honestly this Smash is so good I'll be satisfied for almost a decade)
- Star Fox (I hope they didn't give up after SF0)
- Skyward Sword Remastered would be cool.
- Metroid
- Kid Icarus!!
- A TV console remake of OoT and (even better) MM

There are more games people hope they should have and games I haven't mentioned that they probably need to have, but the above are the games I'm personally hoping to see.

I'm really hoping for an extensive VC library

There are quite a few Gamecube and Wii games that I missed out on and are now prohibitively expensive on Amazon. Would love to pick them up for a reasonable price.
Ex: FE Paths of Radiance is over $80 online

I actually wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo eventually announced that they're doing a full remake of OoT. I mean with Square remaking FFVII (another game which is on many best of all time lists) I don't see why they wouldn't. The only problem is you have to approach it so delicately because if you screw up, it will ruin a classic game.
OOT3D is a screw up but people still bought it. In all honestly all Nintendo need to do is port the original N64 version to the Switch and people will buy it.

So one of my writer did a whole writeup this but I like to think about third party titles since it's been awhile since third party support was so strong:
  • Final Fantasy 7 HD
  • a new Banjo Kazoo
  • a new Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • Overwatch
  • Goldeneye Remake with the local player support
  • Tetris sphere
  • Secret of Mana reboot

What I would really like is a Zelda compilation.
Have every single game on one game card. I would be ok with having the newer remakes instead of original.
I know this may be hard for a couple games. Four Sword games and Skyward Sword if no motion controls.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So one of my writer did a whole writeup this but I like to think about third party titles since it's been awhile since third party support was so strong:
  • Final Fantasy 7 HD
  • a new Banjo Kazoo
  • a new Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • Overwatch
  • Goldeneye Remake with the local player support
  • Tetris sphere
  • Secret of Mana reboot
I'm sorry dude.... Rare is dead.... It isn't going to happen........ M$ bought them and killed them off, with a slow and painful death....

Luckily though, since Rare fired all of their good developers, they all came together again into Playtonic with Yooka Laylee!

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
If the Joy-Con can be used as a Wii Remote and Nunchuk, hopefully a Skyward Sword remake is in the works! I love that game, but it looks so grainy on my display...

I played it on Dolphin and just connected my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cord. I had to buy a DolphinBar but it was totally worth it to play SS in HD. I was able to play the entire game in 720p with very minimal issues during just a few of the cutscenes - and my laptop isn't exactly a fantastic gaming rig.

Have every single game on one game card. I would be ok with having the newer remakes instead of original.
I know this may be hard for a couple games. Four Sword games and Skyward Sword if no motion controls.

OMFG. Legend of Zelda: All Stars.

Something like this?

250px-CollectorsEdition.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom