• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Games Should be on the Nintendo Switch?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
As we all are excited for the NX, what games should we see on there? Re-makes or maybe even ideas for new games? We all know that BotW and possibly MM and TP will be on the NX, but what games should be on there? I'd love to see Mario on there :3

I would like to see a new home console Bokumono game (Harvest Moon, now Story of Seasons). If the NX really is a hybrid, then we're pretty much guaranteed one since the developers prefer to put their games on handhelds now.

A remake/HD re-release of Yoshi's Story, that game is an underrated classic. The poster above suggested harvest moon, which would be amazing, also animal crossing is a must, but it has to be a real animal crossing game and not this happy home designer rubbish.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I would love to see HD remasters of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Another Super Mario 3D Land/World styled game featuring Yoshi. A revamp and rebranding of New Super Mario Bros. Luigi's Mansion 3. Metroid 5 (it's about damn time). Splatoon 2. The return of F-Zero. The inevitable Mario Kart 9 and Smash Bros. 5. Batman Arkham Trilogy. And this one is wishful thinking but Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask HD.

The games and below that I'll give explanaitons for each as to why I think they should be done.

On Launch Day.

• Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
  • Pokemon
  • Shin Megami Tensei
  • Gamecube VC - Super Smash Bros Melee
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 or Super Mario Galaxy 3
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Some time eventually in the NX lifetime

• Mario Kart 9
  • Hyrule Warriors 2
  • Animal Crossing
  • Yo-Kai Watch
  • Spla2oon
  • Final Fantasy

Considering the NX is more portable than it is WiiU2, these are the games I think the NX needs on console launch day.

Breath of the Wild (To capialise on the hype).
Something Pokemon (Since this is a portable console)
Shin Megami Tensei (for the Japanese fans and cause it's currently huge on 3DS)
Gamcecube VC (The first one should be Super Smash bros Melee). So many people would buy an NX just for that.
Something from the Mario IP. It's rumoured to be Luigi's Mansion 3, but I hope it's more like Super Mario Galaxy 3. SMG3 (if as good as SMG and SMG2) is a total console seller.
Appropriate 3rd party games. Not every COD clone and Super hero game out there like the WiiU got at launch. 3rd party games Nintendo fans would actually buy. Kingdom Hearts would be a perfect fit. As would a Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles game, but better than Crystal Bearers. Something more like the Gamecube game.

After the NX launch sometime the following games need to be released.

Mario Kart 9 (For obvious reasons)
Hyryle Warriors 2 (fix up all the flaws of the first game).
A proper Animal Crossing game. This the Nintendo game you play for 5 minutes a day, every day totally suited to portable consoles.
Yo-Kai Watch (It's huge in Japan)
Spla2oon. (ie Splatoon 2).
Final Fantasy the recent ones. Square Enix has hinted that some will be coming to the NX but most likely not at launch. This would be a simple port but help those casual Final Fantasy fans on the fence who don't also like Ninrendo but don't want to drop $400 on a PS4 for a Final Fantasy Game.

Games I'd personally love to see:

1. New F-Zero
2. New Golden Sun
3. New Advance Wars
4. Wario Land 5
5. Luigi's Mansion 3
6. Mario Kart 9
7. Super Mario HD Collection (64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1+2)
8. A brand new star collecting 3D Mario that isn't Galaxy 3
9. Metroid Prime 4
10. 3D Kirby
11. A third Retro DKC game to cap off the trilogy
12. Spla2oon
13. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
14. Captain Toad 2
15. Bayonetta 3

3d Mario
3d Zelda
3d Metroid
F-Zero
A decent Star Fox
A decent Kirby game
Splatoon 2
Metroid/Zelda Maker
A decent Smash Bros
A Smash Bros remake
A horror IP like Project Zero or Eternal Darkness
Pokemon Snap 2
Mario Kart 9
Golden Sun
A decent Fire Emblem
3D Donkey Kong

More outsourced games like HW, TMS and Pokken

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I think most of us obviously want to see revivals/continuations of our favorite first party series, but in addition to that, I hope the NX rumors come true about all the third party support. I've missed out on a lot of great games because I'm in a financial situation which basically says I get one console at a time, and only if my wife wants it too. : P. Anyways, I'd love to see live from Ubisoft, Id, and most of all Bethesda. If one could play Doom and Skyrim on NX, that would sell some consoles right there just because it's portable. Plus new titles coming out, I think Elder Scrolls 6 is in the works, plus I think it's possible we may see a Doom follow up, and the return of No More Heroes would be welcomed by all.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Soul Calibur 6
Metroid Prime 4
Splatoon 2: Revenge of the Octolings.
Xenoblade Chronicles X 2: Revenge of Humanity
Super Mario Sunshine 2: Revenge of Bowser Jr.
Hyrule Warriors 2: Revenge of Cia

-Hyrule Warriors 2
-Hyrule Warrior COMPLETE edition (all dlc)
-Proper Metroid game
-A new 3D mario adventure in light of Mario 64 or Galaxy series
-New Kirby
-New Xenoblade
-Bayo 3
-A 3D Donkey Kong game like Donkey Kong 64
-Smash 5
-Mario Kart 9
-Another Zelda like BotW later in the NX lifespan

Seriously there is A LOT Nintendo can offer to make the NX successful. All they need to do is follow through.

Zachie

Moo
Since this is the only topic that I've seen for this topic (lol), and it isn't relating to rumours in any way I've made the decision to simply rebrand it to Switch & I have stickied the topic for all to see. Enjoy.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Since it seems like there is going to be more third party support for the Switch, the game I really want to see (besides the normal Nintendo franchises) is Kingdom Hearts 3. It's the main reason I want a PS4, and if the Switch got it, I could put off having to get a PS4 until it went down in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom