• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Games Should be on the Nintendo Switch?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Xenoblade is Ninty's newest most lucrative endeavor. Moahr plz :)

Also Spatoon- can't go wrong with your own unique brand of competitive FPS and it's not like there isn't room for improvement.

No Man's Sky might squeeze out some extra mileage from a Switch release. It would seem a perfect fit for the console.

And of course the return of big TripA turd party support on a Nintendo console can't be anything but good- so any of the AssCreeds or AssEffects or Call of Doodies, etc.

Any of the recent "remasters" The Nathan Drake Collection, Bioshock, The Last of Us etc.

As for what I'd personally like to see, it makes no difference to me because I already have a PS4 but Horizon: Zero Dawn would be good to have.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
All the non exclusive 3rd party games. I'm talking FF games, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, the lot.

For exlusives we need:

New Mario games including a PROPER 3D Mario. A spiritual successor to SMG. The 2D ones are gonna sell so well on this console too as the 3DS owners will move on to the switch and will be able to play 2D Mario on the go.

A PROPER smash bros, not a rehash of brawl with an HD skin and gameplay tweaks only the hardcore players would notice. A new game. With a new story mode. With clones gone and the likes of Ganondorf given an original moveset.

A new Zelda. Yes we will get BoTW but this console will also need exclusive experiences. I'd be happy with OOT HD, a true remake the way FF7 is being handled. And then later on a truly original experience.

A new Donkey Kong 3D platformer. This is long long overdue. Donkey Kong games sell very well and I can see this being a success.

Also more Xenoblade, Monster Hunter, Kid Icarus and Pikmin games.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
- Animal Crossing
- 3D Pokemon
- 3D Mario
- Another new Zelda after BOTW
- Hyrule Warriors 2
- Kirby
- DK
- Fire Emblem
- Star Fox
- Xenoblade
- Final Fantasy XV
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Shin Megami Tensei / Persona 5

As was mentioned before, I'd like to also see the remaster collections - Nathan Drake, Bioshock, etc - because I haven't played them.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I want to see other developers take an interest and put games like Fallout or Assassin's Creed on it.
I think it would be amazing to be able to play Assassin's Creed while parkouring on rooftops. ;)

I want to see more Lego games on it. The last couple Lego games have been really good on the wiiu.

Most of the other games I'd like to see have already been mentioned

I'd like to see:
  • A 3rd Donkey Kong Country in the "Returns" series.
  • Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask HD (both games included in one package would be sick).
  • A new Starfox with actual traditional controls.
  • Spla2oon.
  • Of course, a proper Super Mario 64 successor, or Galaxy 3.
  • Mega Man 11
  • Some sort of retro-style collection of multiplayer games that can be easily played on the "mini" joysticks formed by dissasembling the sides of the controller. These could be multiplayer SNES games like Mario Kart and Bomberman, or they could be all new games like some sort of Tank Battle game, or even a combination of the two.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I actually wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo eventually announced that they're doing a full remake of OoT. I mean with Square remaking FFVII (another game which is on many best of all time lists) I don't see why they wouldn't. The only problem is you have to approach it so delicately because if you screw up, it will ruin a classic game.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I'm mostly looking forward to a potential new Animal Crossing game, and not a gimmicky one like Happy Home Designer, and increased 3rd party support.

I see a Skyward Sword remaster coming out in a couple of years. I would also love to see another Kid Icarus game and Luigi's Mansion game besides the classic Mario and Zelda titles.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like...why would I even dare to say this, but the Nintendo Switch should feature AAA games in the fullest. But it doesn't look to be the case, we don't even know the specs, I can't say what the game should have because I do not know what hte system is capable of, yes, I do not know and I admit this, my arms are losing their fibres, this is a ssaddening mishap that has to take place which I can tell will upset manny. The Switch, the NX, it will flounder without any titles with which to call it home. The new MARIO GAME, IT LOOKS AMAZING, i WOULD DEFINITELY BUY IT IF IT FALLOLWOS THE SAME VAINES OUT sUPER mARIO 64 BUT i CANNOT SAY IT WILL, I TLOOKS TO HAPPY CUTESY LIKE sm3dw DID BEFORE IT, THIS IS NOT A GOOD POINT, i DO NOT SUPPORT IT, BUT i DO KNT KNOW OF WHAT IT COULD BE OTHERWISE. YES, AND ZELDA BREATH OF THE WINDS, I SAW IT ON THE TRAILERS, IT HAD A FRAME RATE MEGAISSUE DIPPING TO LITERALLY 10FPS, THIS IS HORRIBLE, MUY HORRIBLE POR FAVOR, YES, DANKE

So, don't quote me on this, and I don't have the source, and someone is probably going to be "you are wrong because of this first source information I have right here." (which is ok, btw), BUT...
IIRC, around the time Federation Force was announced and there was a huge outroar against it, in an interview, someone (might have been Reggie or Miyamoto) mentioned something on the lines of "having a classic, sidescrolling metroid game in development as a launch title for the NX."

Now, clearly they don't have such a thing on it right now or they would've included it in the trailer, but I can't help but feel there will be such a game down the line in the first six month, I remember the quote being quite clear about it. Then again, I could be totally wrong here.

That said, I think this would be a MUST in the console, as well as a smash bros, hopefully a new Splatoon (or an improved version of some kind), a new or port of Mario Maker, obviously, and probably a ****load of "party" games, which I wouldn't mind at all.

Also, IDK what's gonna come after Sun and Moon (probably a new remake using the same engine, my money is on plat/pearl/diamond) but I think within a gen we are gonna see it in the Switch. I would like to see a new Starfox, even though the SF Zero isn't as bad as people say, IMHO, it just has complex controls, but I would hate to see the franchise go into the dark again just because of bad reception.

I see a Skyward Sword remaster coming out in a couple of years. I would also love to see another Kid Icarus game and Luigi's Mansion game besides the classic Mario and Zelda titles.
I would love all of that. I just wanna say that the idea of Skyward Sword without motion controls, beleive it or not, pains me, but an HD remake (specially with the hand holding toned down, I'm looking at you, session-resetting explanation messages) is basically the Zelda equivalent of a wet dream to me. When SS came out I had been wanting a 3D "bright" non-cartoon Zelda game for years (just for the record, I was stupid and didn't like Wind Waker, back in the day, I was a stupid kid, sue me, I love it now), so seeing the game so under performing graphically just because of the specs of the console really hurt me.

Last edited by a moderator:
When SS came out I had been wanting a 3D "bright" non-cartoon Zelda game for years
Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild are all very bright and cartoony (to an extent). Only Twilight Princess was not overly bright or cartoonish. So if you want another non cartoony Zelda game after Twilight Princess, you'll be waiting a long time as it seems that cartoony is here to stay with the Zelda series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom