• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Started up Ori and the Will of the Wisps. The first one was the first Metroidvania I ever played that wasn't Metroid and it was such an incredible experience with its beautiful visuals, somber tone, unique save mechanic, and emphasis on movement and platforming that would give even Donkey Kong a run for his money.

But having played Hollow Knight earlier this year, the influence is extremely clear with just how much more combat oriented this one is compared to its predecessor, as well as the inclusion of NPC's, shops, side quests, and even its shard mechanic that works very similarly to Hollow Knight's charms.

Though, that's about where the similarities end as Ori forgoes Hollow Knight's more brutal and punishing souls-like elements, making all these new additions feel more like an enhancement to Ori's signature playstyle than a cheap carbon copy.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
Currently continuing my playthrough of Ratchet & Clank (2001) on my PS2, Plants vs Zombies on Steam, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy. The last two on the Switch. I'm also thinking about either starting a playthrough of Legends Arceus, Breath of the Wild, or Rescue Team DX on the Switch as well. Haven't decided which one, or all three yet.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
Currently continuing my playthrough of Ratchet & Clank (2001) on my PS2, Plants vs Zombies on Steam, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy. The last two on the Switch. I'm also thinking about either starting a playthrough of Legends Arceus, Breath of the Wild, or Rescue Team DX on the Switch as well. Haven't decided which one, or all three yet.
I vote Rescue Team DX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom