• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

I'm planning on playing Pokémon Colosseum, but I also want to play Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy for all the Platinum Relics, still need to finish that. I've also been playing Minecraft almost non-stop for a few months now. I also want to play PMD: Rescue Team DX again. Maybe I should boot up Legends Arceus again. I'm kind of feeling that Pokémon craze.

Well just finished Metroid Dread and

Well, this is what I thought Wii U next gen Zelda should of been. The formula of the game, but just updated and HD and a few new fun things. Dread is the Fusion and Super formula, to a T, all the things people like, just updated and reorganized with some new gimmicks to keep it fresh to have a lot of fun. I'm sure people have discussed this here since it's a Zelda forum but like I thought people liked Skyward Sword basically, well the critics did. It feels like Miyamoto and Co should of just been thinking the formula but updated and polished in a fun way and that would of been great. Instead they went so hard on totally reinventing the wheel and gave us well, something else.

That said, Dread has some bad 80s and 90s gameplay that Zelda for example had totally ironed out (and why it's been the superior franchise IMO) by the same time, such as boss pattern attack react counter ad nauseum. In many ways, it's basically a boss rush game, with mini bosses and sub bosses and emmi stealth things which are like boss encounters, and all the valuable collectables require extreme shinespark trickery it feels like, so even the, lets go back and collect stuff to have fun and power up was sorta ruined for me because it was a weird morph ball puzzle or more shinespark gimmickery. I don't really like the basic controls in any Metroid game.

On balance though, the good outweighed the bad and so far it's the only Switch 1st party Nintendo game I think actually might of improved on what came before (even though I liked Other M plenty).

Honestly though, it's an 8.9/10 IMO.

Now playing Fire Emblem Three Houses. Ok I have a feeling this will definitely improved upon Fates and Awakening, everything is going so well. I accidentally somehow finished Engage first and that was actually pretty cool, but clearly this is the game they put the most effort in I think.

I'm wanting to go back to getting all the Platinum Relics and Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, also wanting to get all of the achievements in Plants vs Zombies, and I've been playing Minecraft non-stop for the past few months, still haven't gotten bored with it. Probably going to try to do hardcore playthrough, among other things with it.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
Still playing Bug Fables but I also started Vagrant Story, and I'm back-and-forth in Stardew Valley, Minecraft and Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Mobile-wise, Pokemon GO, Sonic Runners Adventure and Sonic Jump Pro.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Currently it's mainly World of Warcraft, trying to catch up with current content, but I'm planning do play some more of the Age of Empires 4 campaigns soon, and after that the Pokémon DLCs

On the channel I'm currently playing through Yoshi's Crafted World

I finished Another Code Recollection…I have reservations about a lot of the changes made, even to the sequel which I only watched a longplay of back in November for my first time, didn’t think I’d feel as attached to it. But ultimately I’m glad it was made and it still seemed heartfelt rather than just changing stuff for the hell of it. I think it’s just too bad about the seemingly small budget they had for it. But, with how the ending played out I’m inspired to do a lot of fanart soon.

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
I've been playing The Escapists 2 as of recent. It's literally been years since I last played, it's a lot more fun than I remembered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom