• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

I'm mostly playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I do chip away at other games occasionally. For some reason I have a bad habit of playing up until the final boss/level of a game and dropping it for some reason. For example, I'm at the last level of Super Mario 3D World, and the last song in Rhythm Heaven Megamix, but I haven't touched those games in a while. It's weird.

karu

Panamaniac
Playing some old games Like Harvest Moon Cute for the DS and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team for the Game Boy Advanced SP

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I'm actually playing Wind Waker for the very first time. I was really into LoZ, especially Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, as a kid, but I kind of fell away from video games in general throughout high school and college. So now I'm going back and playing the games I missed. I never thought I'd play Wind Waker because I had an immediate negative reaction to the 'childish' look. However, now that I've given it a chance, I really have fallen in love with it.

Streaming:
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II: SOTFS
Hearthstone

Off-Camera:
Pokemon ORAS
WoW: Legion

I am actually trying to look for more games to play atm...

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I finished up Wind Waker HD for the first time ever today. I loved how it looked and I loved the story but the endgame where you're collecting the triforce pieces - Christ that was annoying.

I just started Skyward Sword on Dolphin. It's running ok right now but I'd like to tweak the settings to get some of the audio lag during the cutscenes to go away. Besides that it looks gorgeous in HD. I just literally pulled the Goddess Sword from the pedastal and that was a really awesome moment. Also Link and Zelda are so cute in this game. I know I'll love the story since it's kind of the origins of everything - and so far I don't hate the controls!

I finished up Wind Waker HD for the first time ever today. I loved how it looked and I loved the story but the endgame where you're collecting the triforce pieces - Christ that was annoying.

I just started Skyward Sword on Dolphin. It's running ok right now but I'd like to tweak the settings to get some of the audio lag during the cutscenes to go away. Besides that it looks gorgeous in HD. I just literally pulled the Goddess Sword from the pedastal and that was a really awesome moment. Also Link and Zelda are so cute in this game. I know I'll love the story since it's kind of the origins of everything - and so far I don't hate the controls!
THANK YOU!!!!! I totally sustain that, with some small exceptions, if you hate the controls, you are doing it wrong :P
In all seriousness, though, I get that it's hard to adapt to new controls and I won't take all the blame away from Nintendo, cus there are some imperfections with it, but it's not nearly as terrible as people say, I actually was rooting for the wiimote sword thing to become the new standard a couple years ago when the Wii U was relatively new.
It pains me to think that because of "force of habit" such an interesting thing gets discarded. That said, it will probably come back in a more perfect form if VR succeeds and I do have to admit that if so many people dislike the wiimote, it probably did have some problems, even though not as many as the internet wants to think.

That said, I hate opinion leading like that...

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
THANK YOU!!!!! I totally sustain that, with some small exceptions, if you hate the controls, you are doing it wrong :P
In all seriousness, though, I get that it's hard to adapt to new controls and I won't take all the blame away from Nintendo, cus there are some imperfections with it, but it's not nearly as terrible as people say, I actually was rooting for the wiimote sword thing to become the new standard a couple years ago when the Wii U was relatively new.
It pains me to think that because of "force of habit" such an interesting thing gets discarded. That said, it will probably come back in a more perfect form if VR succeeds and I do have to admit that if so many people dislike the wiimote, it probably did have some problems, even though not as many as the internet wants to think.

That said, I hate opinion leading like that...

I'm in love with it. At first I was kind of like idk because it seems like so many people dislike the controls and that's really all I ever heard about Skyward Sword. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'd want all the games to be this way - but once I got the hang of it I really began to enjoy the experience of truly feeling like you're in the game. It definitely makes me look forward to something like Legend of Zelda VR down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom