• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What game has the most hours played for you?

There are some games out there that completely eat up time if you get sucked in to them. What game have you put the most time into, and how many hours have you put into it? What kept you coming back? Do you still play it today? I'm interested to see what comes up.

I guess that I'll start it off with a bit of a bombshell: I've put over 5000 hours into World of Warcraft. Yep, that's not a typo, I swear. I can't say that it's something that I'm particularly proud of, but I definitely put that many hours into it. I haven't played World of Warcraft in about 2 years at this point, and I've got little interest in returning even with the new expansion coming out later this year. As to why I invested such an ungodly amount of hours in the game, I'd say that it's simply due to the amount of content in the game. For each hour I put into World of Warcraft, the game would throw me another 2 hours worth of stuff to go do next. The game really excelled at getting you into a bit of a loop with doing things and feeling like you're progressing even if you actually weren't really getting anywhere. At the end of the day it was just ridiculously addictive, and my time played reflects that.

What's yours?

I hear you with the MMOs. Since I'm such a huge Star Trek fan, Star Trek Online is something that's eaten up hundreds of hours of my life over the past five years. I'm scared to look at the numbers now, but I think I'm well over 200 at this point. If you're not a Star Trek fan, the game will seem painfully average in a lot of areas and just bad in others, but for a true fan like me, it's kind of like heaven.

Non-MMOs though, I've put about 102 hours in Pokemon X last time I checked, more than any other Pokemon game. I think that's mainly due to this forum, since we had a lot of people when the game launched that were active online. We had a small community going strong for a little over a year, which made things pretty enjoyable.

Xenoblade Chronicles X
has been the fastest I've ever gotten to 60 hours though. I'm right at the end and will probably drop off once the story is over, but it's been a pretty great 60+ hours.

I had like 4000 in Diablo 3 but I haven't played in a year. I would say Starcraft 2 is about that high as well. If we are talking series probably 10,000+ for Tekken.

I hear you with the MMOs. Since I'm such a huge Star Trek fan, Star Trek Online is something that's eaten up hundreds of hours of my life over the past five years. I'm scared to look at the numbers now, but I think I'm well over 200 at this point. If you're not a Star Trek fan, the game will seem painfully average in a lot of areas and just bad in others, but for a true fan like me, it's kind of like heaven.

Non-MMOs though, I've put about 102 hours in Pokemon X last time I checked, more than any other Pokemon game. I think that's mainly due to this forum, since we had a lot of people when the game launched that were active online. We had a small community going strong for a little over a year, which made things pretty enjoyable.

Xenoblade Chronicles X
has been the fastest I've ever gotten to 60 hours though. I'm right at the end and will probably drop off once the story is over, but it's been a pretty great 60+ hours.
I love Star Trek, never got into any of the games though. Which are your TV favorite series?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I kinda am hesitant to admit this, but I must have logged over 100+ hours (Most likely more) into AC: NL. I am a huge fan of the AC series, and once I found some cool people to play with online, we played a lot, pretty much everyday, for the course of a whole Summer (Maybe even more). I really didn't have much to do, so I spent indoor free time to play AC. We built quite a community, and I found some great friends, especially the few I found when I first played. I was pretty shy back when I got the game, so it was nice to make some friends, even if they were online. I mean, I had a few good friends in real life, but not so many. I don't play anymore, especially now that many of them grew apart from the rest of us. I had some great times though, so I guess it was worth it (Maybe?).

Most played is AC: NL with over 1300 hours played. And second is probably .hack//QUARANTINE at over 700 hours. Maybe some MMOs have been longer, but I think solely online games are cheating a bit - it's easier to clock that many hours in when you are always having a different experience due to the online element.

I have around 500 hours on Hyrule Warriors, around 600 on Sm4sh, and I believe I have around 1200+ on BD. My highest in a canon Zelda game is probably Minsh Cap, I clocked in about 200 hours.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I recall having around 220+ hours in FE Awakening, which is funny considering I never finished the story DLC. A good part of that was probably grinding to try out classes and money, I don't think the story itself could've taken me more than 40 hours.Also this is a silly one but I'm pretty sure I also spent a lot of time, maybe even more than that, on Picross 3D. I still do at least one random puzzle on idle time.

Other than that the only one I can remember in particular is the first Xenoblade on the Wii, which I must have played up to halfway through at least 3 times before I got a file corruption glitch which made each file unusable at around 40-50 hours for the first two and maybe 20-30 for the third one and any I might have made after. That hurt my desire to keep on playing and sadly it still has to recover, to the point I have yet to pick up X at least partly because of it.

Dan

Impressive... perhaps not the right word for it but yeah Impressive hours played guys... I don't think I've ever had four digits on a game yet. I may have hit 1000 playing some old games as a child, Crash Team Racing perhaps...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
easily super smash bros brawl,i was like a god damn drug addict when it came to that game
i played that game daily for the first 2-4 years of when i first got it,i want to say minimum 1000 hours but i know for a fact even that is too low

Two games come to mind: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and Age of Empires: Rise of Rome. Both of these came with level editors and had active communities who would create spellbinding work.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't keep track of exact hours, but I know I put well over 100 hours into my old Omega Ruby file, as well as my old Brawl disc (which no longer works because the case was a tad too close to the chinchilla cage). When I was a kid, we used to play a round of Mario Party practically every night, so our playtime must have been quite high. I probably had over 100 hours in Guitar Hero and Rock Band back in the day. My first Twilight Princess file had 93 hours by the time I completed it. And I've probably accumulated over 100 hours over all the different versions of Ocarina of Time and some other Zelda games that I've played. I've never really invested a ton of time into a single video game though.

Dan

Two games come to mind: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and Age of Empires: Rise of Rome. Both of these came with level editors and had active communities who would create spellbinding work.

Someone else that has heard of Jazz Jackrabbit 2!
Did you ever play the game online?

I love Star Trek, never got into any of the games though. Which are your TV favorite series?

Next Generation is definitely my favorite, and still fighting with Game of Thrones for my favorite TV series of all time. I greatly enjoyed Deep Space Nine and Voyager as well. I even thought Enterprise was pretty good, although it's hard these days to get into The Original Series with how dated it is (and, contrary to popular belief, about half of TOS isn't even that great, I think).

The games have been incredibly mediocre though. But if you're a big fan of all five series and you love the lore of the prime universe, STO is a great game to play. It has throwbacks, references, and even quite a few actors reprising their roles as their characters (Leonard Nimoy, Michael Dorn, Jeri Ryan, and Aron Eisenberg come back as Spock, Worf, Seven of Nine, and Nog for example). It's also great that its story is a true post-Nemesis continuation, unlike the new series of movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom