• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Food Would YOU Ban?

There's been a lot of talk about New York's banning of large size soft drinks, and where I am in Connecticut they're thinking about banning soft drinks altogether!
I was wondering, if you had to choose any food to legally ban, which would you choose? It could be something you believe is really unhealthy, or something you really just dislike.
Also, what are your thoughts on banning soda? Is it really necessary?
Share your ideas ^.^

Its hard because i love food =/ but (and this is going to sound like such a contradiction) but any food that involves the torture of animals to prepare it. Such as that fish that is cooked in a way to keep it alive on yer plate.

WARNING THIS VIDEO IS SICK AND HORRIBLE

[video=youtube;HTjKyfZL5m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTjKyfZL5m0[/video]

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would ban cheese. You heard me right. I would ban that disgusting-tasting, awful-smelling, sickeningly-yellow-colored, pathetic excuse for a dairy product so hard it wouldn't be able to sit down for a YEAR. That's right, that would mean no more pizza, grilled cheese, quesadillas, mozzarella sticks, etc BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THAT'S FINE WITH ME BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE FOODS I JUST LISTED. Down with cheese! Let it burn! Buuuurn!!

About the banning of soft drinks, I just think it's hilarious that the mayor of New York finds that banning large-sized soft drinks a much higher priority than the local economy, or possibly getting the homeless off the streets, or taking care of the elderly, or making sure gang activity is under control, or keeping drugs off the streets, or keeping the crime rate down. Yeah, none of those problems are more important than getting rid of those dastardly large soft drinks. Those things are a menace to society!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would ban condiments. I cannot stand that stuff. How can you eat ANYTHING on a sandwich? How is that even possible?

There is no sense in banning Soda. If you brush your teeth -properly- you can keep the acid from destroying your teeth WHILE having a tasty drink at your side. If you regulate how much you drink, it's possible you can -avoid- getting certain ailments.

You both belong in the bad fire :P ...banning cheese and you banning sauces n seasonings? really ye would ban relish, sugar, pepper that sort of thing :P I'd not want to live in either of those worlds lol

I would ban condiments. I cannot stand that stuff. How can you eat ANYTHING on a sandwich? How is that even possible?

There is no sense in banning Soda. If you brush your teeth -properly- you can keep the acid from destroying your teeth WHILE having a tasty drink at your side. If you regulate how much you drink, it's possible you can -avoid- getting certain ailments.

How could you Condiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :kawaii:

Last edited:

MW7

There's been a lot of talk about New York's banning of large size soft drinks, and where I am in Connecticut they're thinking about banning soft drinks altogether!
I was wondering, if you had to choose any food to legally ban, which would you choose? It could be something you believe is really unhealthy, or something you really just dislike.
Also, what are your thoughts on banning soda? Is it really necessary?
Share your ideas ^.^
It's not necessary because people will find other ways to pump refined sugar into their bloodstream and inevitably get type 2 diabetes. What I'd ban isn't food but something that is contained in lots of unhealthy foods- trans fat. It's really, really bad for you, and some places have gotten rid of it already. It provides no nutritional benefit and increases the heart of coronary heart disease.

First off, the probability of actually banning a food is unbelievably slim. Just as a child has the inclination to stuff anything it finds into its mouth, so too would eliminating specific produce lead to discontent from certain groups. What we have to target are foods containing high levels of Trans Fat, Monosodium Glutamate, and Sodium Aluminum Phosphate. The first greatly increases the risk of heart disease-one of the world's leading causes of death-whereas the latter two lead to Alzheimer's Disease with gradual buildup. As a society, we need to raise awareness of consuming foods with traces of these harmful substances especially popular chips like Cheetos and Doritos.

CHEESE! Totally agree Azure Sage! Oddly enough, I like pizza, but I sometimes take off the cheese first. Best pizza ever-extra tomato sauce, tomatoes, and a LOT of crushed red chili.

Other than that, probably eggplant. It seems random, but I can't tolerate the stuff, and I come into contact with it way too many times for comfort.

I wish I could see the expression some people's faces as they read this.:lol:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I am quite liberal and am not really up for banning anything much on the grounds of health. Although were I King, the production and consumption of baked beans would be banned. I have never tried them nor do I ever intend to. The smell appearance and even the thought of baked beans makes me want to throw up.

What food would I ban? Well, the health society or whatever allows up to I think between 10 and 20 insect fragments in a chocolate bar.:sick: I would ban alien material within food. We eat it, so why does is not count as food? Due to the the alien material, some people find actual chicken heads fried in their chicken nuggets, dead rats in their milk, get food poisoning, might even DIE if they get enough poisoning, and much more disgusting things. I actually gag when i summon the thought.

Trying to ban or otherwise outlaw a food product seems like a really silly endeavor. If people want to put unhealthy or otherwise harmful substances into their body, they are going to. Just look at drugs & alcohol. So I personally wouldn't want any food banned.

However for the purpose of this topic I'll say I wouldn't mind if Tuna Fish completely disappeared forever just so I wouldn't have to ever smell it again. Absolutely hate the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom