• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Food Would YOU Ban?

Nicole

luke is my wife
Nothing, nothing at all. I absolutely detest this idea. It's beyond ridiculous. I hated having certain foods banned in schools, but now in your everyday life as well? It's mindblowing how this could actually happen. The idea of banning soft drinks because they are a potential health risk is unbelievably flawed. At this rate, all desserts everywhere will be banned in a matter of years. It's a huge breach in civil liberties to control what people are eating. And yes, technically they're not yet controlling what people are eating, but that is indeed the ideal behind the banning.

Now, since we're just being playful and whatnot as to what food we'd actually ban... It would so be broccoli. I don't hate broccoli as much as I hate asparagus, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower. However, since I detest those three veggies so much, I don't have to eat them. I actually have to eat broccoli on occasion, so if it were banned I wouldn't have to. :p

That's just being playful. In reality I would be ashamed to pass such a banning law. It's completely unfair to people who enjoy broccoli. D:

Nothing, nothing at all. I absolutely detest this idea. It's beyond ridiculous. I hated having certain foods banned in schools, but now in your everyday life as well? It's mindblowing how this could actually happen. The idea of banning soft drinks because they are a potential health risk is unbelievably flawed. At this rate, all desserts everywhere will be banned in a matter of years. It's a huge breach in civil liberties to control what people are eating. And yes, technically they're not yet controlling what people are eating, but that is indeed the ideal behind the banning.

Now, since we're just being playful and whatnot as to what food we'd actually ban... It would so be broccoli. I don't hate broccoli as much as I hate asparagus, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower. However, since I detest those three veggies so much, I don't have to eat them. I actually have to eat broccoli on occasion, so if it were banned I wouldn't have to. :p

That's just being playful. In reality I would be ashamed to pass such a banning law. It's completely unfair to people who enjoy broccoli. D:

For goodness sake listen to yourself. Do you want your children to grow up healthy and fit. Banning soft drinks is perfect. Carrot Juice is a excellent replacement for humanity.

Majora's Cat

How about that
For goodness sake listen to yourself. Do you want your children to grow up healthy and fit. Banning soft drinks is perfect. Carrot Juice is a excellent replacement for humanity.

It's called freedom. You can't simply ban slightly unhealthy foods and beverages that you think affect the human body negatively. People deserve the right to consume and do what they wish, though there are definitely boundaries for what can and cannot be deemed damaging enough to be labeled as illegal. I just don't think most foods and beverages fall under that category, as they can do damage, but it's still mostly the person's responsibility. If you drink soda ravenously, you won't die in a few months or even a year. Some "hardcore" currently illegal substances are illegal because they cause swift damage to the body and have highly addictive properties, making it incredibly difficult for people to halt usage and the effects it has on the body. Soft drinks and other foods and beverages on the market just don't have those properties.

It's called freedom. You can't simply ban slightly unhealthy foods and beverages that you think affect the human body negatively. People deserve the right to consume and do what they wish, though there are definitely boundaries for what can and cannot be deemed damaging enough to be labeled as illegal. I just don't think most foods and beverages fall under that category, as they can do damage, but it's still mostly the person's responsibility. If you drink soda ravenously, you won't die in a few months or even a year. Some "hardcore" currently illegal substances are illegal because they cause swift damage to the body and have highly addictive properties, making it incredibly difficult for people to halt usage and the effects it has on the body. Soft drinks and other foods and beverages on the market just don't have those properties.

Freedom hah , humanity has already shown it cannot handle freedom. We must ban such foods to prosper humanity further. You would not let one's friend drink poison would you ? Learn that there is no freedom.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Drum, I'm sorry to say this but what you're proposing is simply whack, almost as if you're asking for dictatorship. Humanity believe it or not is allowed to have freedom. How else could you explain emotions? How else would you explain our ability to choose? A drink or two, or even a massive binge drinking won't -immediately- harm you. And even if it will, it's your fault that it does you massive harm as it was YOU who embarked on the quest of drinking so much.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
There's been a lot of talk about New York's banning of large size soft drinks, and where I am in Connecticut they're thinking about banning soft drinks altogether!
I was wondering, if you had to choose any food to legally ban, which would you choose? It could be something you believe is really unhealthy, or something you really just dislike.
Also, what are your thoughts on banning soda? Is it really necessary?
Share your ideas ^.^[/QU
What?!? If they dont want kids having soft drinks just make a age requirement or something because people should have the common sense to know what do drink or not and the age requirement makes sure no kid drinks it because it would be a law, and no law, whatsoever, will be followed by every single person in that area.

Drum, I'm sorry to say this but what you're proposing is simply whack, almost as if you're asking for dictatorship. Humanity believe it or not is allowed to have freedom. How else could you explain emotions? How else would you explain our ability to choose? A drink or two, or even a massive binge drinking won't -immediately- harm you. And even if it will, it's your fault that it does you massive harm as it was YOU who embarked on the quest of drinking so much.

We don't allow the freedom to smoke illegal substances. We don't allow the freedom of freely urinating in an office building. Why ? TO BENEFIT HUMANITY that's why.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Bad foods such as muffins and soft drinks. Must be purged.

Woah, I can not let that slide. I love muffins. Muffins are amazing. They aren't that bad for you. In all, I agree with Vanitas and Majora's Cat. People have the right to choose, and if the consequences are bad, it's their own fault. Of course, I do believe people should practice moderation. But to COMPLETELY deprive people of these simple pleasures is wrong and unfair.

Drum said:
We don't allow the freedom to smoke illegal substances. We don't allow the freedom of freely urinating in an office building. Why ? TO BENEFIT HUMANITY that's why.

It's because those things are far worse than any soft drink or muffin. That's why. And freely urinating in an office building is why bathrooms exist, and it also has no bearing on this discussion, so that argument has no merit here.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Id say anything not natural. If its not from a plant, ban it. I only say that now because Im a diet, and if it were banned, life would be so much easier *__* but, im sure id miss it. I dont think banning things would fix the problem...I dont know what would.

Now that I think of it, banning popular foods and/or drinks would result in more crime, rebellions, smuggling, and much more. So why would we ban soft drinks, cheese, baked beans, etc.? Its like, no, it IS making coke an illegal drug.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I thought about this but I can't think of one food to ban. Why ban a food a lot of other people like just because you hate it?

Pepsi is my favorite drink, so personally I think banning soft drinks is a stupid idea. While to others, it might be a good one. Just let people eat/drink what they want.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
.... Do you want your children to grow up healthy and fit. Banning soft drinks is perfect. Carrot Juice is a excellent replacement for humanity.

Once you have kids, THEN you can tell them whats good or bad for them and thats alright since you are their parents. You can lead your children to a perfectly healthy lifestlye if you choose too. But one person telling the whole state what they can and cannot drink isnt right. Some people have allergys and may not be able to drink what the government says they can. That simply isnt right.

Rachel

be vigitant
In regards to unhealthy foods, banning specific ones won't solve the problem. Banning soft drinks won't stop people from eating and drinking other unhealthy stuff. Companies will find ways to get around the ban to make their money.

Plus, the last time there was a big ban on drinks (alcohol), it didn't end up working out.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Once you have kids, THEN you can tell them whats good or bad for them and thats alright since you are their parents. You can lead your children to a perfectly healthy lifestlye if you choose too. But one person telling the whole state what they can and cannot drink isnt right. Some people have allergys and may not be able to drink what the government says they can. That simply isnt right.

True, I have a heavy cheese allergy and must be very picky when it comes to cheese

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom