• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Final Fantasy Game is Your Favourite?

Garo

Boy Wonder
I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this, but Final Fantasy XIII is my favorite. I loved the focus on character development - even if they were somewhat tried and true archetypes, they were fun to be around, and Sazh's story is one of the most touching in recent gaming memory. Beyond that, the game was stunningly beautiful and the combat was spectacular - easily my favorite combat system in the entire series.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Right now it is Final Fantasy VII, though the only ones I have played are Final Fantasy I, II, VII, IX, X, and XIII.

I love me some Final Fantasy IV,
but on the other hand, I've never played Final Fantasy VI.
So, I should probably get on that.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
My favorite is a tie between Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy IX. I love the class system in V and i love the ability learning system in IX which in retrospect are quite similar instead of choosing a class to learn abilities you wear equipment.

My favorite Final Fantasy game is definitely VII. It had, for me, the most engaging storyline and the most tolerable characters (the only one I really didn't like died, so it was cool). I really enjoyed the gameplay, especially towards the end of the second disc, and punch for punch VII just had the most to offer me.

That's not to say I don't like other entries in the series a lot as well. I also really enjoyed IX, X (even though Tidus is awful), VIII, VI, XII, and the first Final Fantasy.

Djinn

and Tonic
Definitely Final Fantasy 6 for me. I loved the characters that the various abilities that they had which was not present in any game before nor were they limit breaks that I got to only use at a few random times. Plus I was a huge fan of the gigantic cast that did not have a required central character you had to keep at all times. Plus using that large cast in the sequences that needed two or three separate parties was incredibly fun.

There were just so many aspects that I liked about this game though. The pseudo 1600's era steampunk setting was another great thing that I loved. This game nicely mixed technology and magic in an era that is not typically used for a fantasy genre game. Normally it is strange futuristic scifi with magic or the same old medieval theme with a few extra elements placed within. The magic system was fairly unique as it revolved around the summon system. There were almost no straight mages in this game that onyl specialized in magic. With the right amount of work almost every character in the game can be both a physical and magical powerhouse depending on the time and effort placed into each one. Which can be a challenge with 14 characters. And it is one of the few times the villain actually managed to succeed and become a god and desolate the planet for a while. Normally you defeat them before they get to that step.

I have still not seen a monk or engineer that I have ever cared about in any other Final Fantasy game either. Edgar and Sabin were perfect.

Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite. I always get a lot of flak about liking it but I actually think it's way better than VII.

I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this, but Final Fantasy XIII is my favorite. I loved the focus on character development - even if they were somewhat tried and true archetypes, they were fun to be around, and Sazh's story is one of the most touching in recent gaming memory. Beyond that, the game was stunningly beautiful and the combat was spectacular - easily my favorite combat system in the entire series.

No flak from me, that game is actually good. I hated it at first because it felt too linear, I think XIII-2 made me appreciate it and now I love it. Lightning is my favorite Final Fantasy character by far.

It's difficult to choose between VI, VII and IX for me. (I also love IV, but maybe marginally less than the other three.) If pressed, maybe FF7, but they're all good for different reasons, so they can't really be compared.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Final Fantasy XII is easily my favorite FF, and perhaps the best in my opinion. It's battle system is WAY ahead of its time. The music was stunning, the graphics were stunning, the game world was stunning...Characters are amazing, and although we're not playing from a story-relevant character's point of view, i think Vaan made everything a bit more interesting and of course was mostly the comic relief. I could care less for Ashe or Basch anyway ;D

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I played Final Fantasy III and it was great. I liked the old fashioned storyline and loved the battle theme(especially the dissidia remake). I think my favorite would be Final Fantasy XII or Final Fantasy XIII because I really like the characters/story and the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom