• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What fictional characters do you relate to the most?

Not necessarily your favourite characters or the ones you like the most but the ones you understood.

Whether it be through experiences, attitudes, interests or motivations, What fictional characters did you click with more than others?

I clicked with Samus Aran growing up, she was my role model, I wanted to be strong and brave like her, especially since I went through some abuse in my early years.

Unfortunately Sakamoto took her away from me in Other M and I lost her forever.

But Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia gave me what I understood from Samus and more. She has a strong will and the unwavering determination to get things done. She's an inspiration to me in that respect, I hope I can one day have the strength she does.

Dnskg2ZX0AAIOiG.png

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd say the character which I have clicked the most with would be Geralt of Rivia. I haven't read much of the books yet but from the games I found the character resonated with me and that we were alike in quite a few ways.

I found Geralt to be more of a strong and silent type and generally hides his emotions from the world but he does have them deep down and is very loyal to and protective of those close to him which is the way I am also.

He is a slayer of monsters for hire and I am a slayer of monstrous lower limb conditions for hire.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I'd say the character which I have clicked the most with would be Geralt of Rivia. I haven't read much of the books yet but from the games I found the character resonated with me and that we were alike in quite a few ways.

I found Geralt to be more of a strong and silent type and generally hides his emotions from the world but he does have them deep down and is very loyal to and protective of those close to him which is the way I am also.

He is a slayer of monsters for hire and I am a slayer of monstrous lower limb conditions for hire.
And a vamp??

The Traitor Lord from Hollow Knight is my favorite fictional character of all time. He was such a curveball character, but his circumstance instantly resonated with me when I first encountered him. His whole deal with the infection personally symbolized spiritual conflict I had a few years prior. It was never something I got to really put behind me, and as I looked more into his role, I think I learned some things about myself. This stupid mantis has somehow resurfaced my struggle with the problem of evil and gave me a new a philosophical perspective on it that is far easier for me to cope with. This is an extremely personal relationship I have with this character and not one I mention much when talking about him. But it was the original reason he clicked with me.

Traitor Lord and I share a lot of character flaws outside of this and I think he has helped me become more aware of them. I don't know how much I can do about it, but I find comfort in him sharing them with me. We both live in the past. Unlike @Spirit's relationship with Milla, I strive to not end up like Traitor Lord. I adore him to death, but he's an outcome that represents his grief: he became his grief. What you encounter in the game is not the character. He destroyed himself. I don't want that to happen to me, but it technically could if I continue with my tendencies to stay in the past and dwell on stupid choices I've made.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I clicked with Samus Aran growing up, she was my role model, I wanted to be strong and brave like her, especially since I went through some abuse in my early years.
I'm so sorry that that happened to you. :hug:
---------
I would say the character that has stuck with me most is Marth, specifically in Shadow Dragon. In my opinion, what makes Marth stand out most is how relatable he is as a character and in his reactions to his circumstances. He expresses anger, frustration, arrogance, and despair in the situation that life has thrown at him. He was forced to leave his home and do nothing while his country was invaded, leaving his mother and sister behind, and reacts in the natural way that most people would. But I also like how he's not some overpowered hero who can save the world alone. He's a sixteen year old kid who relies on those fighting alongside him to win the war; and he recognizes this. He can't defeat Medeus alone, so he needs his friends to help him. The humility it takes to concede something like that while carrying the responsibility of leading a nation is very admirable. Overall, for me he is both a very likable and respectable character who embodies the kind of ideals I aspire towards.

marth.jpg

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Luna Lovegood for sure. She really inspired me to be myself. I got to know her during middle school, where there's so much peer pressure, and I was in a social circle that tried to bully me into doing alcohol and skip school and be unpleasant.

Then Luna came and I immediately got attached to her, and the way that she doesn't give a **** about what everyone thinks of her. I've always been odd, and weird, but my social circle made fun of me for it. I wanted to be myself, but it was hard. Luna really helped me. <3

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I don't really have a role model in fiction that I look up to, if that's what you mean by relate to.

Usually, the characters I tend to find interesting feel like real people.

Probably Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, which still reigns as my favorite book series.

Noble? Yes.

Honorable? Yes.

Awesome? Yes.

Actually doesn't look cack-handed with a sword as so many fictional characters often do? HELL YES!!!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I would say Dean winchester from the show Supernatural. He lost his mother when he was 4, his father searched for revenge for all those years and wasn't always the father he should've been. Dean basically raised Sam alone and always had to protect him. He is the first in line when it comes to sacrifices. Even though he can be rude, mean, immature and irresponsible sometimes he also can be very caring and loving to his family and he'll go to hell and back to protect them. He never steps away from a fight.
Looking back at my own situation I see so many similarities. I suffered from physical abuse when I was a kid. When I grew up my mother decided that a kid at the age of 13 was old enough to stay awake at night till 3 am till she came home while her kid had school at 8.30 am.
Like Dean I also had to replace an absent parent (one was dead and the other was not really the mother she should've been). At the age of 13 I was kicked into adulthood. I had to deal with stuff a kid shouldn't even be worried about at that age. So like Dean I had to fight for survival. And I also can be very immature and unreasonable but I never stop fighting for the right thing to do. I would also go to hell and back for my family.
I don't think there has ever been a character I felt so many similarities with and I doubt I ever will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom